Is it worth it?

ShadowStar83x

I have been looking forward to this game for awhile and it is indeed worth buying. Totally enjoying the game so far since it's nice to play a different type of game like Tokyo jungle because you don't see many games like this. Tons of unlockables and a large selection of animals to play.

I played the game for three hours straight before calling it a night and Montano is right about the addictive factor because it's fun! I didn't realize this game had tons of stuff to do for a downloadable psn game. You could wait to see if a demo is released in the future or possibly free for plus members in the future but I say go buy it! Seriously I was not expecting this game to be that fun and I didn't think this game would be released outside of Japan.

It's a lot of fun, like mentioned above, it doesn't look great but it plays wonderfully so you simply don't notice or care. You may want to check out a review or two so you know what your getting (Colin Moriarty has a good one on IGN). I just spent the last couple hours playing and I'm looking forward to playing it more. Very addictive, a lot of quricky fun, and in my opinion well worth the $15 ($12 with plus) price tag. I can easily envision myself spending as much, or more time with this as some retail games. Plus it made me smile a ton and that in of itself is worth something to me.

Edited by One More Thing

Yeah it's worth it! I love animals in general, so this kind of game is something of a dream, really. Unlocking the other animals is a blast! This game will last you beyond hours of gameplay if you try to unlock them all. It felt great when I finally found the rabbit boss and defeated him with a little baby chicken :D So now, I can play as the rabbit, which has a porcupine boss somewhere, etc....It's awesome. It's not limited to that either, you have challenges along the way. Well worth it.

So much damn fun, felt bad hunting a chimpanzee but its hunt to survive :p

Only little annoyance was I got to year 13 and even though I was hungry, not even pressing circle would make it eat :/

But I ain't in no rush will start again and enjoy. I vow to take down those buffalos haha

Can't feast on your own species type so no cannibalistic nature here lol.

Definitely worth it. If you've ever played Cubivore on GameCube or EVO on SNES, it has a lot of that flavor (but you don't actually "evolve," you just unlock more animals to play as).

The world map doesn't seem very large, and it's a bit jarring at first when you realize the main point of the game is replaying it constantly, but the random factors such as environmental elements and predator/prey layouts being different every single time you play, ALONG with a persistent Challenges list that changes every time you play, makes for an oddly refreshing and invigorating experience.

Seriously, it's unlike anything else this generation, and I strongly recommend it. It'll feel weird at first, but after a few trips through Survival mode when you start getting the hang of things, it's incredibly hard to put down. It can be downright challenging at times, but one of the cool things is, it really does get easier the more you play it, thanks to the decent leveling up of each animal you play as, and the progressively badder and nastier animals unlocking as you naturally play.

Just get used to it being kind of awkward at first; it definitely plays by its own rules. So worth it when it all "clicks," though.

Basically it's like this... imagine if both Demon's/Dark Souls and DayZ were animals... pretend they had a baby... this is the baby of those two games, but at the same time is extremely unique too!

I've only been playing it an hour so far (Just got it today) and I've been having a ton of fun! I'm still pretty bad with survival and such, the longest I've lasted was like 18 years lol, and I suck as a herbivore (As a deer I always get the urge to double back kick a bear in the face... or other animals for that matter, it's just so fun to do!), and I haven't unlocked any new animals yet, which sucks, not sure which challenges to do to actually get new ones, but yeah... it's really REALLY fun!

Edited by jbrist

Very fun, very addicting game. You can easily lose track of many hours playing this :applause:.

THIS! I just finished playing after noticing 4 hours quickly going by because I was having so much fun playing as a deer since it's mainly stealth, eating plants, and making babies lol.

Then I switched to playing as one of the free dlc dogs and having to kill other animals for food to survive, etc.

This game is just simply wonderful and incredibly addiciting for a downloadable psn game

I watched the trailer to this (had been wondering about it for a while) and I was nothing I thought it would be... :|

Don't think its worth the money for me.

I can understand why the trailer wasn't appealing to you because I felt somewhat the same way until I read more info about the gameplay and I just had to give it a shot since you don't see games like Tokyo Jungle everyday.

However, I really hope you can look past the trailer and try the game yourself because you may be surprised how addicting the game is as you progress. I really hope Sony releases a demo for this game in the future since I've seen demos for certain psn games being released several weeks or months later.

If a demo does come out then I highly suggest you give it a go and would love to read your thoughts about this unique game because it would suck to see other gamers ignoring this gem because of a trailer or something else before actually playing the game.

Can't feast on your own species type so no cannibalistic nature here lol.

Haha i am such a fool, this was the reason.

I was doing so well with my fat cat too now the last two times i got mauled by labrador's (i think) early on :p

Still an awesome game, gonna make some more time for it this weekend.

I have to agree with the overall opinion of this. For no explainable reason this game is ridiculously fun. My 7 year old son and I spent about 2 hours taking turns playing survival mode last night.

Had a great game going last night- was up to year 31 with a Sika Deer. Everything was going swimmingly until my group of 4 deer rounded a corner and was face to face with a pair of tigers... :eek: :applause:

It's good for it's price. The only thing I was disappointed with was how quickly I got all the trophies. I only unlocked 5-6 animals in the process. I was hoping my partner and I could do the 100 years trophy but I finished it solo before I had the chance.

I'd love an excuse to keep playing this but there are other games I need to finish.

It's a very unique game, like Flower you can't really compare it to anything else so it's worth getting just to have something different to play.

Edited by anag
Typo, add more info