Rate the trophy difficulty  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_2.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 2.00

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

I voted a 2. Time-consuming but not difficult, especially with save states. See a santa, save and sneak up on him, load if you fail. See enemies to kill, save and go after 'em, load if you fail. Have a bunch of ????? presents, save, use them all and write down what they are, load. Done like this, the game is really easy. However, since you can't get the world clear trophies by using the joypad cheat to get all but one piece in your inventory, you still have to legitimately collect all ship pieces and beat the game twice. More than a 2 if you're playing it normally but the option for using save states is there, so... 2.

I gave it a 2. It's a really easy game even without the save state feature. I completed the game without ever using it and had at least 4 lives in both games at the end. And it only got a two because sometimes it's possible to get yourself in a situation where your screwed. For example being in a wide open area on sand and trying to deal with an ice cream truck. Or find a spot in a random world where there are 5 boogy men at the same spot. Or just find the total bummer present the hard way. It's still a really fun game though.

• 1 month later...

100% this in a few days scattered throughout a week. 6 hours tops... I'm going to give this game a 2. All the trophys are easy, and the game is easy with the new save feature. only annoying part is the randomizer present (reload when that happens and avoid) and the ice cream truck lol....

If it DIDNT have the save feature it would be a 5 or 6 out of 10... but because it does have a save feature it is a........

2/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's a 3 for me as well. As everyone has noted the save feature eliminates any question of being able to finish. However, the game is quite difficult to beat without using saves and there is a good deal of luck involved. Most of the enemies are significantly faster than you, and some of them deal pretty massive damage. So oftentimes all it takes to lose a life is one unsuccessful evasive maneuver.

• 1 year later...

Every once in a while a game comes along that frustrates you, infuriates you, irritates you and bores you to death... all at the same time. Welcome to such a game that is ToeJam & Earl. I didn't find this game anywhere in the same league as any Telltale game in terms of difficulty, which apparently according to most is what you can compare this game to as far as how hard it is.

I hated this game, hated it with a passion. So much so that I gave up on it originally over 2 years ago. I didn't find it as easy as others have made it out to sound. 3/10 is what I gave it because of all that I described in the first paragraph. Enjoy 50 levels of quicksand, cheap enemies and cheap deaths.

PS) All that I've said above is MY opinion and how I feel about the game so I'd appreciate it that my post not get deleted. If my post is offensive or a bit over the top than ASK ME to edit it. I'm only saying this because I keep finding out that my posts get deleted instead of a mod just simply asking me to clean it up a bit. So please, that's all I ask. Thanks.

Edited by TacoNinja

• 8 months later...

Gave it a 3 - but that's comparing it with the games that I gave a 1 or 2.

It's not too bad of a struggle - you don't even need to kill anything if you don't want to, but some of the enemies are a pain in the rump (looking at you Ice Cream truck :mad: ). It's a little time consuming, but pretty straight forward.