Anyone else a Plus member holding off on buying more Sega classics??

spoonman

As much as I want to buy just about every Sega classic that hits PSN, I feel like they will inevitably hit a Plus deal for either a tenth of the price or FREE.

I paid for a bunch of them ($5 ea) the first time and they started giving them all away. Then I saw the new Sega Vintage Collection line (by M2) and figured they were giving away the others because they didn't have the advanced features.

So I went ahead and bought them all at $5 a pop and what do you know??

"$1 Sega Sale!!" Every week for the past month!! Argh... :(

I understand the prices will drop over time and if you bought them for $5 and are happy wih it, that shouldn't change anything, but as a Plus member it's is not much fun to see them pop up so soon after paying full price.

I should know by now not to buy these 2 TJ&E games for $10 because they seem to like to give the Sega classics away on PSN.

What do you guys think?

As a fan I want to buy, but as a Plus member I feel I should hold off.

For me if its a game I would really enjoy again then buying it right away is no problem for me. Toe Jam and Earl is no question a very enjoyable experience that I must play right away. If its a Sega title that I barely played or heard of Ill go for the wait.

Besides are you in it for the game or trophies? If its trophies you can always wait for a sale for i'm sure out there you may have a backlog of games to play or something.

I'm in it for the game and the trophys.

But I bought 6 Sega Vintage Games $5 ea and last month Sony

started sell th off every Tuesday for only $1 each!

So basically I ended up spending $30 when I could have waited a month and bought them all form $5. That's a pretty big savings!

Herein lies the plus's biggest drawbacks. Most advanced ps3 players own plus and they also bought

Several big named games.

What they really need to do is offer us % OFF codes and let

Us choose games we don't already want. Also they could let us stack them towards a larger priced item.

I was thinking about waiting because seeing Wonder Boy in Monster World for $1 was like... what? But it's Toejam & Earl. Worth every penny and I regret nothing.

THIS, LOL!!

I'm with most of the other guys on this one. I absolutely LOVED this game and played for hours on end, and this is a definite buy! I also never got to finish it b/c after spending about 5-6 hrs or so on it one night, my roommate at the time, came home and sat on the bed, which somehow flipped the reset switch on my surge protector and the game along with it! :mad:

That being said, I typically NEVER buy any other Sega games anymore, until they drop. Just like spoonman, I have been burned many times, not only by the Sega games, but by the PSN store and Plus as well. I used to buy almost every game that came out...now I just wait for them to be free or discounted on Plus.

Edited by robg69

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...