General Trophy Discussion

olsen77

• 7 months later...
Trophies aren't popping for me, anyone else having same issues? I dunno if its cuz I'm playing online with a friend from another ps3. I haven't played it solo or offline co op, maybe thats why?:think:

I hope you're an isolated incident. Would be terrible if you can't collect trophies during online co-op. This game is a blast co-op and it's unlikely I'll be playing local co-op. Were you hosting?

Regarding the trophies, the way some are written is a bit strange to me:

Word Up! Back To Outer Space! -- [TJ&E] Clear a Random World.

Smell Ya Later, Earth! -- [TJ&E] Clear the Fixed World.

I'm assuming both of these require you to beat the whole game, but the Random World one sounds like it only requires you to beat one level (to me anyway).

Edited by bajor27

Trophie list is out -> ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron Trophies

Is it me or does it look very simple and easy? I never played this game so I could be mistaken, anyone know?

Ahh, to be 9 years old again! Very simple trophies Nukes. The only one that will take time )if you even want to call it that) is the Funk Lord rank. You earn points by clearing map squares and opening presents. I can recall watching my dad beat this game over the course of an afternoon.

Yea, for me I can only obtain trophies as long as its not online. Sucks! Oh well. As far as completing a random world, you gotta beat the whole game on random world which means you don't know where the ship pieces and elevator locations will be located on each level. On a fixed world the locations of the ship pieces and elevator will always stay the same so you know where they'll be if you've played the game before a thousand times like I have lol.

Regarding the trophies, the way some are written is a bit strange to me:

Word Up! Back To Outer Space! -- [TJ&E] Clear a Random World.

Smell Ya Later, Earth! -- [TJ&E] Clear the Fixed World.

The fixed world will always be the same every time you play it. The ship pieces will always be in the same place on the same levels. Only one variation, so "the" fixed world.

A random world is generated uniquely like a rougelike with presents. It'll always be different. Sometimes you get all pieces in 12 levels, sometimes you're playing for 7 hours. More than one variation, so "a" random world. :)

The fixed world will always be the same every time you play it. The ship pieces will always be in the same place on the same levels. Only one variation, so "the" fixed world.

A random world is generated uniquely like a rougelike with presents. It'll always be different. Sometimes you get all pieces in 12 levels, sometimes you're playing for 7 hours. More than one variation, so "a" random world. :)

Oh, it's been a while since I played, and never payed close enough attention as a young kid I guess. I always just assumed random meant the levels came up in random order. I didn't realize they actually generated randomly.

I was sure a few weeks ago I saw the trophy list for the two games and it was combined with a platinum involved. I assume this isn't the case though?

Are they listed as separate games with only 12 trophies each and no platinum?

It's listed as two on XBOX 360, which is why the TJ&E and TJ&E2 is in the descriptions of these games.