TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled

I finally managed to do "I will survive"

Sorry if this is purely a brag topic (which is the case to a certain extent), but I was so glad to finally see the trophy popped-up after all this time (almost years). Turtles in time Re-shelled was amongst the first 3 game I ever downloaded on PSN (along with Flower and Gunstar heroes), and while the ohter two were easy to 100%, this one was impossible for me because of this stupid survival mode trophy on normal mode. I had given up. And now, few years later, I decided to complete my list on un-completed trophies, and really decided to give it another try, and focus myself totally on to it. It took me 4 tries. But on my 4th game, I finally did it. When Shredder was defeated, I was almost in tear. Now I'm deleting this game forever, and it will never be re-downloaded ever again...

I guess if you're willing to really focus on it, it's manageable. You just need to be really careful, and learn the pattern of every boss by heart. After all, while I never did it back then, when I redownloaded it not too long ago, it only took me 4 tries like I said. To help you, you can check video playthrough, or read guide for boss pattern. The others trophies are easy enough to get, so basically, you only have to focus for one.

Oh man..

I tried twice today and failed. Tomorrow third time and I'll get it (Third time's a charm ;)

First time I died in lvl 3 Sewer Surfin'

Really lame: I got hit which prevented me from getting the pizza mid-game.

Second time I died in the last level before Shredder, I dunno what happened, somehow I got hit by the gigantic rolling balls twice which dropped my health bigtime.

But the bosses are really easy in survival :S in story is much harder I believe.

I think this trophy not that hard, tomorrow morning I will get it no problem.

This is childsplay if you compare to GT5 trophy's :p

Edit: Yup got it now. Not difficult at all guys, move along...

Edited by DaRk SaLuTe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So after giving up for a couple years, I tried a few times last night, getting as far as level 7. On my 1st try tonight, I finally beat it! What a relief, now I never have to worry about this game again. The original was one of my favorite games to play at the arcade when I was a kid but this damn trophy almost took away those fun memories with all of the frustration of getting so far just to die & have to start all over again. I laugh when people say trophies like this were easy & act like they are so shocked that people say they are hard. The trophy is hard to achieve, some may have had better luck than others or are just that good at this game.

Edited by Two-Faced Joker

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I literally have not played this game since my last post in this thread and after some nostalgia (or dreams of torture) I decided to play it again. After running through the story on easy (To get the gold trophy) with Donatello, I tried out Survival mode. What happened? I beat the god damn game on my first try. So glad I don't have to do that again.

I literally have not played this game since my last post in this thread and after some nostalgia (or dreams of torture) I decided to play it again. After running through the story on easy (To get the gold trophy) with Donatello, I tried out Survival mode. What happened? I beat the god damn game on my first try. So glad I don't have to do that again.

I feel like struggling with the trophy means that the player did not spend the time to master the boss in each level before attempting the run.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok so I've kinda grown tired of seeing this stuck at 90% on my trophy list so I think I'm gonna for this trophy again after a year long hiatus. My plan of attack is not to go at full-force otherwise the frustration will just ruin the game outright for me. This time I'm gonna attempt it in single player and give it just one attempt each day. It will be my side-project! I figure that even just once a day, I'm bound to get lucky eventually! So here goes Day 1 - Wish me luck!!

• 3 months later...

Trying to get the motivation to do this... maybe play the game again on Easy (Single Player) to get back the feel in the game. This is my FIRST PSN download since I enjoyed the first release on the Nintendo Entertainment System.

This has been a very big thorn on my side and an even bigger dent on my ego! Like the north side of my Mt. Everest!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: 25.06.2022

Actually it is just better to practice in Normal mode on Quick Play and pick the level we struggle the most with and chose the hero that we are good playing as.  Best way to try all turtles and find the best one for us per level.

Edited by Naps

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is the trophy I'll be going for.. Just to clear up my incomplete games, and makes some room.

I do wonder if you can get it in co-op online, and just let your partner do all the work while you try to stay alive, it shouldnt matter if he dies? 'least thats what I think.