Rate the trophy difficulty...  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.81

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just got the 100% today :dance: man the survival trophy was very hard :eek: been trying for 3 days before getting it, you've got to know the bosses pattern very well.

Should've rated 8 instead of 6 :think:

I voted an 8, because of the I will survival trophy & yes;

you have to learn each bosses pattern, especially in the pirate ship level.

My tip for completing the game, is that I only press :triangle:

Gave it a 4. Did the game first with all 4 turtles, Found Leo to be best (or michelangelo as the number 2). On survival i used triangle a lot, did it on the 2. try..

The only Trophy i found a bit hard (tried about 5 times) was the avoid all traps on lvl 3. The rest was easy. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I voted this a 3. It's really not that difficult, and the only two that'll probably give you any troubles are...

(S) I Will Survive

(S) Toe Be or Not Toe Be?

Even the trophy where you're supposed to avoid all the toe traps is easily obtainable (kind of) as I'm not sure how many people knew this, but in single player you can easily just quit once you hit a toe trap and it automatically saves your progress. Simply re-load your saved game from the main menu and try again. It took me about 12 tries, but it's much easier than going through the first two levels to keep trying to avoid the toe traps in level 3.

Survival mode is a little harder, but as a lot of people already posted here it's much easier if you use :triangle: to attack to avoid being gangbeat by large swarms of enemies. I found Leonardo was the best with his range and speed to use in survival. A lot of the boss enemies you can attack approximately three times before they'll attempt a counter (with exception to maybe Krang in Neon Night Riders). If you know that you can attack them about 3 times and then run away a small distance to dodge their follow-up counter attack all the bosses become very easy.

The only boss that's a little difficult is the sand enemy in "Prehistoric Turtlesauraus" (especially in survival) as sometimes he ducks back down into the sand after being hit once and starts chasing you which forces you to change the tactic of attacking 3 times and running away to dodge the counter & repeat. And lastly, I'd obviously reccomend anyone trying to survive on survival to not eat the pizzas in every boss fight until you're close to dying.

Edited by antiheroforhire

I'd say a 3. Other than the "I Will Survive" trophy, the rest are not hard at all.

I mean really, that was just a pain in the ass. I think I had to do like 7 ish runs because at times I got too overconfident or was just falling asleep/bored cause I've been playing the stages over and over again.

• 2 weeks later...

None of the trophies were hard, really. I finished Survival on my first try with Leo. Hell, I even beat my first Story Mode on Normal difficulty run with Raphael without dying once. As long as you know the boss patterns, the game is relatively simple. switchfreak83's trophy guide on here helped immensely, especially with the link to the sister site on boss strategies.

The only trophy I had any "trouble" with was "Heroes in a Half Shell", mainly because I beat the game three times on single-player and once on local multiplayer and didn't receive the trophy. Then I beat the game a fifth time on single-player with Michaelangelo (whom I used for the multiplayer run) and the trophy popped.

Really a fun game, though like most people, I wish it was a remake of the SNES version rather than the Arcade one. Now if it was the SNES remake, "I Will Survive" would've been a lot harder. :cool:

Edited by renoBegraL

• 1 month later...

I went with a 5. Survival took a few times but how can I get frustrated at this classic game. Like most people have said its all about knowing the bosses and not killing your toes. Brought back some good memories of my Super Nintendo even if it was the arcade version.

• 1 month later...