TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled

Best PSN Game So Far

I agree! I used to love playing this game in the arcade back in the day. It got some bad reviews on the Xbox because people were compaing it to the old SNES version but they are just nitpicking. This is a really fun game.

fully agree with you there. So what if Slash the turtle isn't there. Is still the greatest retro game out now.

Its nowhere near as good as the original, but its still an awesome game... I don't understand all the hate its getting from reviewers. I spent my $10 on it and don't feel I overpaid. Nor do I feel there's not a lot of content, as this was based on a game in the golden age of beat 'em ups where there were no more than 10 stages, 4-8 characters and 1 or 2 attack buttons.

I loved the game growing up, remained a TMNT fan and still hold the original in my top 10 games... but this one is certainly one of the best PSN games to date, as you said.

I will be the first to say it is pretty inferior to the original. The took out one of the best parts (the elevator and then throwing enemies at Shredder afterwards). The 3-D also makes some boss fights more annoying because the boss will turn his back to the screen and attack you, shielding you from actually seeing it. Lastly, some of the foregrounds would get in the way from seeing enemies.

It is still a fun game but it is inferior to even the SNES version where you could only play 2 player co-op.

i had it on snes and i loved it to death. my sister and i used to play it all the time together. a little upsetting that it's different in any way. (where is slash, and what is the mud monster thing? and didn't foots thrown at the screen give the shattered screen effect? i always found that amusing.)

but it's still fun. only thing i really miss is the way all the characters looked like their action figures. like baxter stockman looks diff and so does leatherhead. i miss the look of the original action figures.

but its all cool. i saw the post on the front web page that the trophy list had come out and i went straight to downloading it, no questions asked. turtle beat'em ups are always best. this one, and THEN manhatton project (#3 nes). after that comes final fight and battletoads.

It doesn't have the first Technodrome level from the SNES version, with the elevator part and Shredder's machine that you have to throw foot soldiers at. I can't begin to express how annoying that is. I realize they're trying to make this faithful to the arcade, but still... they cut out the friggin' best part of the game. Ugh.

It's fun anyway, but not as good as I was hoping. They really need to revive the beat-em-ups genre with some new games, for sure.

Downloaded TMNT yesterday, loads of fun so far. This really brings me back a few years, I remember this being one of my favorite SNES games, used to play it all the time. I was surprised with the update in graphics, I expected the old school look. Online play is complicated, but fun. I always seems to loose which turtle is mine out of the four, Overall very pleased with this game, needed a major break from Arkham Asylum challenge rooms. Can't wait to see which other old classics get rebooted.

• 6 months later...

If you guys like this game, you guys will like all games you come across...

This is just a button mash game with sqaure and triangle only. There is no storyline anyhow but a mission just to kill the bosses. Game requires no skill but just common sense what to do after figuring out the patterns of each type of enemy. Not say that this is a bad game, but I can't say I like this game either, game is just too simple.

I just get annoyed when everyone compares this to the SNES version, it's not and from what he been said it was never meant to be that particular version. It was a remake of the classic arcade version. This is a game from when the local arcade was the place to be with all the latest games. Those that remember the local arcades and enjoyed them is the market this is aimed at.

I wish it was a straight port from the SNES. Then it would've been the best PSN game. Right now, it's a rather stale port of the smaller arcade version, with terrible music and bad graphics.

When I played Wounded Knee (Train level) without the SNES song, I nearly broke out in tears and turned the PS3 off. How could they have done something so terrible?! It was the best song of the entire Turtles franchise, and it's gone. ]:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxTzFyqi8aU]YouTube- TMNT IV: Turtles in Time OST, T11: Bury My Shell at Wounded Knee ~ Train[/ame]

Epic.

Edited by Aidan

• 9 months later...
I wish it was a straight port from the SNES. Then it would've been the best PSN game. Right now, it's a rather stale port of the smaller arcade version, with terrible music and bad graphics.

When I played Wounded Knee (Train level) without the SNES song, I nearly broke out in tears and turned the PS3 off. How could they have done something so terrible?! It was the best song of the entire Turtles franchise, and it's gone. ]:

YouTube- TMNT IV: Turtles in Time OST, T11: Bury My Shell at Wounded Knee ~ Train

Epic.

Totally agree. Only Wii has it though.

My brother downloads it from time to time on Pc via Snes emulator. We always have a blast everytime we play it, best co-op game ever.