TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled

Toe Be or Not Toe Be? Sewer Surfin'

Does anyone else think this is just an irritating excuse for a trophy? Even on Easy, the computer always hits below the belt exactly when you prepare to jump. Leaping over the mines is not hard; it's clearing out all the enemies so you have breathing space is the key. I tried to do what the trophy guide says and stay at the bottom, but the lame AI doubleteams me down there.

The trophy isn't fun; it's just there. It's an process to be endured, not a moment to be enjoyed. When I do get trophies like this, I look back and think, "Wow, I spent X number of minutes on that. I feel like that developer just robbed me of my time." Ubisoft Singapore is on the "avoid" list. :|

Anyway, something that has helped me a bit in throwing off the AI is to start at the top of the minefield, jump that top mine, and then move diagonally down and to the right. The enemies behind me don't usually keep up, and the ones in front can frequently be knocked down with a jump kick. I don't have the trophy yet, but I am a lot closer.

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Like 1

• 9 years later...

Starting at the TOP is the best method because we only have to deal with one mine per section.  It is getting swamped by the foot soldiers is what is going to be a problem.  PJ's tip to surf coming from the top then downwards to the right diagonally is also the best way to deal with this level - if we can comfortably pull it off.  Panicking is our worse enemy.

I actually do not remember exactly how I got the Toe Be Or Not Toe Be but I am sure that I struggled getting this the first time.

EDIT: 06.07.2022

Going for the I Will Survive trophy now and Sewer Surfing is not as hard as I remember.  I can easily pass it now on Normal Survival.  The key here is to get an HP pizza after the third gap and aim for the upper pizza as it is easier to align the turtle to claim it.  This should last us until the last HP pizza found at the xenomorph lair.

Funny thing is there will be a "My toes... my toes..." reprise on the Skull and Crossbones level, mixed with a new but equally annoying "Doh... my nose..." 

As for Ubisoft Singapore - what a shame... they really did a good job making this handsome game... at least graphics wise as the audio is crap. But why they would rather go for elite trophies like I Will Survive rather than make it reasonably easier so younger ones (who are for sure the number one fans of this cartoon) would be encouraged to fully complete this game, is beyond me.

Edited by Naps