Mysterious Amulet + Striker Shotgun? (and possibly the number 13?)

When you get the amulet from Mr. Miz he says "the secret lies in fandirs grasp" or something like that. I didn't think anything of it when he said that but I saw a youtube comment where somebody pointed out that it relates to the legendary shotgun the striker. The red text on the striker says "Fandir? Thirteen.".

The striker was always low on my list of legendaries to farm so I have never had one. If anybody out there does have it and can try this out that would be great!

EDIT: Looks like I was wrong about the number 13 thing.

Edited by luke077

Sorry to break this to you, but I have friendship +5 amulet. It all the depends on the lvl of the amulet. If you get during playthrough 1 it's likely 3+ or lower.

I've heard talk of the amulet working similar to that of the Vault hunters relic, but that it stacks, so if all four in your party is wearing it, the chances of good loot are higher.

Also there was talk of it prolonging buffs from the pixies, but I've yet see any difference when wearing the amulet.

EDIT: Did anybody try having 4 players wearing the amulet and then sacrifice the striker shotgun on the altar in Dragon's keep?

Edited by simonp92

Sorry to break this to you, but I have friendship +5 amulet. It all the depends on the lvl of the amulet. If you get during playthrough 1 it's likely 3+ or lower.

Ah I see. Well there goes the number 13 thing lol. I know the visual effects get more sparkly and starry the more people you have with it on. That's because it's a MLP reference or something.

It still seems like the striker should be connected to it somehow though? Also I found this video of 4 people who had the same idea. They tried it out to see if they could get anything to happen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g13YCJaCr-Y]Mysterious Amulet w/ 4 Players: THE SECRET LIES IN FANDIR'S GRIP? (Tiny Tina Easter Egg DLC BL2) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by luke077

I saw yoteslayas video but he didn't mention anything about the striker red text. I just thought that was strange. It seems like it was on purpose. According to that video I just posted above the altar says jacobs on it too? (I don't remember that)

Hm. who knows? I realize it may do absolutely nothing. Also heard it could be a dark souls reference as well (the fact that it doesn't do anything).

Something that could be tried, that I haven't seen mentioned. I didn't watch the videos, so if it was mentioned in one of them, please disregard:

The amulets, as far as I know, have a +7 at the most, and can be much lower than that. Maybe what's required is to have the right combination of them in the party, so that the total of them, added up, is 13.

If the Friendship level totals 13, maybe it will unlock something.

On the other hand, it's also possible, that it does essentially nothing. Someone has also claimed that it is a reference to another game where the player receives an amulet that has no benefit to the player whatsoever.

If people are looking for an actual use for the amulet, I would start there by combining them to get a +13 Friendship. It wouldn't hurt to try sacrificing that shotgun at that point, but there may be something else going on there not related to the sacrifice.

Also, it should be pointed out that the Pixies have nothing to do with the amulet. Someone completely misunderstood when they heard the Pixies say, "Friendship and mass murder forever!" That may not be the exact quote, but the Pixies say that without the amulet, and on top of that, the Pixies are a reference to Zelda. That joke has been around since Ocarina of Time. An annoying fairy buzzing around your head making noise and being distracting. The Zelda games are considered to be non-violent and safe-for-kids type games, but if one really thinks about it, Link kills almost everything that he ever encounters (the mass murder part of it), with the "friendship" (help) of the fairies. That's what the joke is.

I hope this helps, I would like to see this have a fun payoff. I would attempt it myself, but at the moment, not many on my friends list have this DLC aside from myself.

Sorry for the double post, but I thought it important to come back to this.

After reading through a lot of posts on the official BL2 forums, it would appear that there has been no use found for this relic.

Some players have even gone through the game data and searched for anything new and undiscovered in the DLC.

Nothing has been found to indicate there is anything important tied to this relic.

It seems that it's just a joke, even though many players want to find out its secret(s). You're free to test things, I won't tell you not to, but it seems that even with a lot of trying from many players, in various ways, that it just makes sparklies at your feet and nothing more.

It would seem that the joke is on us.

Edited by FootballPsycho
Merging.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...