Rate the trophy difficulty...  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_9.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.82

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 3 months later...

This is a really difficult platinum to rate.

It's very easy to slap a 10 on there due to how long it'll take, but the difficulty is another story.

The trophies are NOT hard to unlock, theres far greater challenges out there and the game does make it easier for you by displaying the crosshairs on screen, unlike previous Time Crisis games that don't have one.

The online is a pain if you don't make friends, if you do make friends you'll find games very quickly and can boost with each other.

Every online trophy is boostable, and if you find a group of 4 you can manipulate the game so that theres only the 4 of you in it and you can net stupidly high EXP scores.

The 700 odd games played does NOT take that long at all, capture the flag games can be over in seconds, but you'll get it anyway if you decide to get the level up 3 times trophy.

The only trophy that might cause you problems are the sentry missions, but those will come with practice, you'll remember the enemy patters and be able to aim so that you get kill shots most of the time.

Not rating it yet, but I just wanted to say that in case someone looks in here and wants an idea as to what it's like.

Oh as for online ranking... 2 nights of playing (not boosting)... I've gone from rank 1 to rank 29... it doesn't take that long at all.

PS: After 2 hours of game "browsing" game modes I've got only 1 trophy btw. I just quit it.

LOL! Well of course you only got one trophy! The trophy system on this game is primarilly a 'time put in' system. You get out of it what you put in.

Online alone will take a very long time as you have to rank up 3 times, after 3 nights playing I'm at rank 32 out of 50 and only on playthrough 1.

As for why theres no trophy guide, could it be that theres a distinct lack of people playing the game and it's a very difficult game to make notes on the locations of items in the game?

Also I love how now people are rating games 9 based on only 2 hours or 'browsing' the game... christ.

Edited by King_Ubu

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
@king Ubu r u still playing time crisis

I've not touched the game for a long time. Been pre-ocupied with other games that have online modes or new games that have come out.

This is hard man i give it 10 out of 10.This game been out 5 months now and theres still only 3 of us with the platinum :)

The only reason I don't have it is because I've been playing other games, otherwise I would have had it months ago.

But for the wider populus, it's just not that popular a game at all, you can tell by the online leaderboards, it is (or was when I was still on) the same people ranking up every night, when playing a multiplayer game, you'd find the same people night after night, it was very rare to find new people who were rank 1 that came back to the game from their first time.

I think that the online mode/story mode really puts people off, constantly I used to get people asking how you actually controlled your character when playing online, the main issue that a lot of new people have is with the learning curve for actually doing basic stuff. So lots of people that wouldnt usually get trophies simply ignore the online altogether.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I actually decided to make my first vote for a game because this is a perfect 10. Whatever the trophy is for earning a PERFECT on each Sentry Mode stage is definitely one of the hardest trophies ever. I mean, Jesus I play these games religiously (duh I even made a website about them) and I was unable to pull it off after A FULL WEEK OF TRYING NONSTOP. I came absurdly close once- I think I only missed the FUCKING LAST PRISONER. That was probably 2 full years ago, and I just finally mustered up the will to try again.

There is an element of luck involved: each stage seems to have at least 10 possible variations. Most seem to have 10, but I swear a couple have 11 or 12(maybe I just messed up- my notes are a MESS) and a couple I only found less (though maybe I just haven't seen them yet.) Some choices are rather easy and some are really hard (like you need to know what happens ahead of time - sometimes one inmate pops out, then another who vanishes before the first guy does.) Visibility screens (fog or smoke) are also random; you get one on the wrong level and you almost can't see certain inmates. Needless to say, expect to get at least 1 really hard level per play.

I'll get this one day though.

ADD: And despite that, I actually think that's what a trophy really should be: something to hang around your neck with pride. Only the best can earn this one. Fortunately Sentry Mode is also insanely fun to play, as it's like a modern Duck Hunt. It's just so annoying to breeze through the first stage, and probably easy enough on the second, knowing it's the third that will probably fuck you (God, just let me do the hard part first!) Having to watch the instructions everytime is also grating.

ADD+: Newest owner of the Platinum. YES! Now I can play Sentry for fun again instead of just ignoring militia and HSP's. I stand by my assessment- Call Of Duty World At War at least had checkpoints. Here you gotta enter a state of zen for like 20 straight minutes; no mistakes allowed.

Edited by stickghost

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I give this game an 8.5/10. It's tough, sure, but I've still found other games harder

I hit up a couple friends I have on Skype asking if they were interested in boosting the game (I don't grind with randoms... too unreliable). We had some funny times boosting, ie mainly me pissing my friend off by running right up and killing him with a cooked grenade as he was supposed to be getting his kills... :o

We also found the best methods of boosting for all the online trophies. I made an extensively detailed guide of this. I have it saved on my PC so slide right into my DMs if you plan on starting this game anytime soon. You might see my post about a boosting method on a thread in the same forum but this is not what I speak of

Having all the online trophies finished I didn't touch the game for over a year until recently to finish it up for my 50th platinum. I only had sentry mode left to do. I knew it would be hard, but you can get it done within a week being consistent. I knew this, so ultimately wasn't too worried compared to, say, USF4 which will take me at least another 100 hours to finish off trials...

Happy hunting!

Edited by Aela

• 3 weeks later...

Still gunna say this is a solid 9 out of 10. Anyone saying anything under 9 is trying to big there selfs up. Salute to the people who platinumed this i no this has hit 50 people now but 23 of them are hackers with a platinum save. Even as a Veteran of Rail Shooters this is a 9 so before i was saying a 10 which is like a 9.9 for people who have never played a rail shooter before. I managed to pull of 4.3 million Score on arcade mode as i still play this at Arcades alot. Check out SmreaDis on youtube a very good rail shooter. Just Hope Time Crisis 5 comes to consoles now with a harder list :)

• 1 month later...
urbangrimer said:
Still gunna say this is a solid 9 out of 10. Anyone saying anything under 9 is trying to big there selfs up. Salute to the people who platinumed this i no this has hit 50 people now but 23 of them are hackers with a platinum save. Even as a Veteran of Rail Shooters this is a 9 so before i was saying a 10 which is like a 9.9 for people who have never played a rail shooter before. I managed to pull of 4.3 million Score on arcade mode as i still play this at Arcades alot. Check out SmreaDis on youtube a very good rail shooter. Just Hope Time Crisis 5 comes to consoles now with a harder list :)

My rating was under a 9/10 and I'm not trying to "big myself up". You can become adequately good enough in order to attain the arcade and sentry trophies with time. Arcade must've taken me around 15 hours whereas sentry took around 25

I used to play Time Crisis 2 back on the PS2 with a GunCon, but apart from that I'm no veteran of rail shooters. This game is highly overestimated with both its time required (boosting, of course) and difficulty. I wouldn't agree in saying it should be 0.14% per se, however I'm not complaining. I also know what you speak of with the game saves. I'd seen a handful of people with the platinum not present on the in-game ranked arcade leaderboards

Also you have a good profile. You should check out Child of Eden, it's a difficult rhythmic rail shooter. Could be your thing

You should also check out Smraedis' Twitter. Did you know he has a thing for sharks? Hahahahaha. He's really good at his rail shooters, I'll give you that

Edited by Gage

• 1 year later...