XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Digital Only PS3 Games > W (PSN) > Worms 2: Armageddon > Time Attack

Old 08-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Awesome Mystery Award   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 2 Champions - Team 4Play   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Default Worms 2: Armageddon DLC - Time Attack Trophy Guide and Road Map

*This Trophy Guide and Road Map may only be posted on ps3trophies.org and must not be reproduced outside of this site without written permission from myself AND Ed-_-. If you see any part of this guide replicated elsewhere on the Internet without due credit, please contact me via PM by clicking here. Thank you.*

The Time Attack DLC for Worms 2: Armageddon is all about speed. There are a variety of mission requirements for you to complete, all within an allotted time.

ROAD MAP:

- Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 5/10
- Offline: 11 1
- Online: None
- Approximate Time To Complete: 3-5 Hours
- Minimum Number of Playthroughs Required: 1
- Missable Trophies: None
- Difficulty Affects Trophies: No
- Glitched Trophies: None

The road to obtaining all of these trophies can be broken down into either one or two steps:

STEP ONE – PLAY THROUGH AND COMPLETE EACH OF THE TIME ATTACK MISSIONS:
As the title suggests, the main aim here is to complete all 20 of the Time Attack missions. The missions comprise of three main objectives – reaching an exit point, collecting a crate, or completing a set number of laps around a course within a certain amount of time. If you solely aim to complete all of these missions and don’t focus on the campaign specific trophies, then you will obtain the Swift Exit, Ain’t No Lap Dog and The Cratest trophies in this step. If you wish to complete this DLC in one playthrough, then you will need to be aware of the campaign specific trophies available in Missions 1-4, 6-7, 9, 13 and 17.

STEP TWO – REVISIT CERTAIN MISSIONS AND OBTAIN THE CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC TROPHIES (OPTIONAL): If you missed any of the campaign specific trophies, then you will need to revisit the required missions and obtain these. This DLC set features a fairly large ratio of specific trophies in comparison to the others, all of which can be split into four distinct categories. These include taking no Mine, Fall or Sentry damage and completing a Time Attack mission in a much faster time than the allocated limit.

The trophies that you’ll be focusing on in this step (if you don’t already have them) will be:

No Mine Damage: Defused and Twinkle Toes

No Fall Damage: Fall Guy and Down-to-Earth

No Sentry Gun Damage: Gun Shy and Bullet Dodger

Set Time Completion: Nut ‘n’ Bolt, Lightning Bolt, and Me Sane Bolt

Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; 01-23-2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Update
Dark_Phantom_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Gold   Bronzer Than Nothing   Jack of All Trades   Helping Hand   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   5,000 Posts   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Road Map Submitter
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

TROPHY GUIDE:

TIME ATTACK COMPLETION TROPHIES:

Swift Exit
Awarded when the player has set fastest times on all the A-to-B (exit point) Time Attacks.

The A-B missions are those which feature an Exit Point that must be reached to finish the mission. Setting a fastest time is a relatively simple thing to do, so you shouldn't have too many problems here.

This trophy will unlock once you have completed Missions 1, 4, 7, 8, 13, 15 and 17.

Ain’t No Lap Dog
Awarded when the player has set fastest times on all the lap-based Time Attacks.

The lap-based Time Attacks are the ones which feature a circuit in which you must complete anywhere between 1-3 laps of. These types of mission end when the allocated number of laps have been completed. Again, this is fairly straightforward and shouldn't be too difficult.

This trophy will unlock once you have completed Missions 5, 6, 10, 11, 14, 16 and 20.

The Cratest
Awarded when the player has set fastest times on all the Crate Collect Time Attacks.

The Crate Collect Time Attacks involve navigating your worm around a course in order to collect all vital crates on the map. These missions are completed once all vital crates have been collected. As with the previous two trophies, setting a fastest time is relatively simple and shouldn't give you any problems.

This trophy will unlock once you have completed Missions 2, 3, 9, 12, 18 and 19.

NO MINE DAMAGE TROPHIES:

Defused
Awarded by completing Time Attack 1 by setting the fastest time and without taking Mine damage.

There are a number of ways to complete this mission, as there are a variety of routes available for your worm to take. As the description states, you cannot take any Mine damage, however you can take Fall or Sentry damage and still obtain this trophy. Be very careful when approaching the mines with your Jet Pack, and take it slowly. Time is not an issue here, as the limit is set at 60 minutes, so simply completing the mission with whatever time below this will instantly be considered a “fastest time.” Take it very slowly when approaching the mines, and try to stick to the ceiling of whichever piece of land you are navigating through. There is more than enough space to fly over the mines as long as you fly along the roof. Please see the picture below for a suggested route through the mines:

Twinkle Toes
Awarded by completing Time Attack 13 by setting the fastest time and without taking Mine damage.

This shouldn't be too difficult to obtain as long as you take it slowly and carefully around the Mines. An ideal route which minimises the number of Mines that you need to pass is shown in the image below:

To get past the first set of mines, approach them slowly and hold the left analogue stick up and to the right (). Navigate your way past the second set of mines in the same way, except this time, hold the left analogue stick up and to the left (). You should now be just above the Exit Point, so simply drop down whilst taking care to avoid the Mine on the floor to your right. Now, simply keep flying to the left and then drop down once more to the Exit Point.

NO FALL DAMAGE TROPHIES:

Fall Guy
Awarded by completing Time Attack 2 by setting the fastest time and without taking Fall damage

This trophy is fairly straightforward and shouldn’t give you too much trouble. You’ll need to make your way around the map using only the Ninja Rope for transport, but there is more than enough pieces of land for the rope to attach itself to. Remember to take things slowly and use the detach and reattach method to move yourself around more quickly. Once aimed at a piece of land, press to attach the rope and use the left analog stick to swing/move your worm around. Once you’ve gained enough momentum, press again to release the rope, and whilst you’re in midair, again to reattach it to a new section of the land.

There isn’t really an optimum way to collect these crates seeing as they are all scattered around the landscape, but for best results, it is recommended that you start by collecting the crate directly in front of you first and then slowly lowering yourself down to collect the one below. Finish up with all of the crates on the left side of the map before moving onto the right whilst remembering to use the detach and reattach method to move around. Make sure that you don’t build up too much momentum whilst swinging, or you’ll risk taking Fall damage and will have to restart.

Down-to-Earth
Awarded by completing Time Attack 17 by setting the fastest time and without taking Fall damage.

Remember that although you cannot sustain any Fall damage here, damage inflicted by Mines will still make you eligible for the trophy. Because of this, this is a fairly straightforward trophy and should not prove to be too challenging. Make sure that whenever you need to drop down, that you fire the Ninja Rope above the drop and then slowly extend the rope down to the next platform. Similarly, when you need to go up, fire the Ninja Rope directly above you and then swing on top of the next platform. When you release from the Ninja Rope, make sure you are completely stationary, otherwise you may release and fall back down, therefore receiving Fall damage.

Although you can sustain Mine damage here, it is recommended that you try to avoid this as much as possible in order to set a good time. However, don't worry if you are hit by a couple of then, because a few explosions will still be acceptable.

Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; 01-23-2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Update
Ed-_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Awesome Mystery Award   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 2 Champions - Team 4Play   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team

NO SENTRY GUN DAMAGE TROPHIES:

Gun Shy
Awarded by completing Time Attack 3 by setting the fastest time and without taking Sentry Gun fire damage.

You have a Jet Pack here, and will need to execute some quick flying in order to dodge the tracking of the Sentry Guns. The only crates that are guarded by Sentry Guns in this mission are the two crates that are located towards the bottom-middle of the screen and two located at the far right, so you shouldn’t have any problems collecting the others. Please note, that although you cannot take any Sentry Gun damage here, you CAN take Mine damage, so don’t worry if this happens. I can confirm that the explosion from a Mine can also destroy a crate; however this will count as collected and will not disrupt your trophy progress.

Once you reach the bottom-middle of the screen, you’ll see that there are two crates located either side of the Sentry Gun in the ditch. Starting with the one on the left, slowly inch yourself towards the crate and collect it. You will hear the Sentry Gun starting to track you, so instantly retreat and hide in the small ditch located just underneath this crate and you will not be hit. See the picture below for an illustrated explanation:

For the crate over to the right, don’t be tempted to fly out into the Sentry Gun’s sight, as this is a very risky move that will most likely end in disaster. Instead, take the path that leads upwards and over the Sentry Gun and make your way over to the second crate this way. There’s a chance that you may accidentally activate the Mine here which in turn will destroy the crate. However, don’t worry if this happens, because as previously stated, it will still count as a crate collection even though you didn’t technically obtain it.

Finally, for the two crates located at the far right of the screen, you’ll have to navigate through the land and drop down, passing the sight of two Sentry Guns. This shouldn’t prove to be too difficult, because as long as you continue to descend with your Jet Pack and don’t slow down, then the Sentries cannot get a proper lock on you and thus will not be able to shoot.

Bullet Dodger
Awarded by completing Time Attack 7 by setting the fastest time and without taking Sentry Gun fire damage.

This trophy is very simple to achieve, as it is is possible to reach the exit point in this map without even encountering a Sentry Gun. The ideal route is shown in the image below:

Although you cannot suffer any Sentry Gun damage, you are allowed to take Fall and Mine damage and will still obtain this trophy. If you follow the route shown above, you are guaranteed to earn this trophy.

Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; 01-23-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Update
Old 08-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Gold   Bronzer Than Nothing   Jack of All Trades   Helping Hand   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   5,000 Posts   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Road Map Submitter

SET TIME COMPLETION TROPHIES:

Nut ‘n’ Bolt
Awarded by completing Time Attack 4 in under 20 seconds.

This is by far the hardest trophy in this DLC set and can prove to be quite a challenge. There’s very small room for error here, and you will need to rely on skill (and perhaps a little bit of luck) to be able to pull it off. Firstly, it should be noted that you cannot take ANY form of damage here, as the five second penalty imposed on you will make the challenge almost impossible to complete. If you do take damage from anything, then restart.

Start out by attaching your rope to the roof above and moving down and into the pit with the Sentry Gun. As it’s trying to lock on to you, you need to immediately swing yourself, detach the rope, and reattach it to the roof above the pit to your right and pull yourself up. This may take a few tries to get right, so don’t feel disheartened if you cannot do it straight away – it takes practice.

Next, you’ll need to shorten your rope a little and continue to detach and reattach it to the ceiling whilst swinging yourself over and above the mines. Once you reach the end of this section, lower yourself down and continue to detach and reattach to the landscape in order to abseil down. Please note that if you have reached the bottom area of the map and this has taken longer than 13 seconds, then you’ll need to restart the mission because you won’t make it in time.

Continue to make your way over to the left, detaching and reattaching as you do so. When you reach the second Sentry pit, you will need to swing over and into the small alcove located at the bottom of the slope with the exit teleporter. Stay here very briefly so that the Sentry Gun loses its tracking, and then continue to attach yourself to the ceiling and fling yourself into the exit teleporter.

I (Dark_Phantom_89) was able to complete this mission in 16.08 seconds after many attempts; however you will obviously have more time than this. As a guide, here is a rough estimate of how much time has elapsed during the mission and where you should be:

4 seconds – Escaped the first Sentry pit
9 seconds – Made it past the Mines
13 seconds – Reached the lower area of the map
17 seconds – Escaped the second Sentry pit
19 seconds – Reached the exit

Lightning Bolt
Awarded by completing Time Attack 6 in under 70 seconds.

Although this is not as difficult as the Nut ‘n’ Bolt, trophy, it can still prove to be a challenge. The idea here is to use your Ninja Rope to complete three laps of the circuit. As before, you will need to make use of the detach and reattach method if you wish to succeed. If possible, always try and aim for a higher part of the course in order to pull yourself up, and remember to do the opposite when lowering yourself down. Although 70 seconds is a reasonably tight constraint, there is room for error here, as it is possible to suffer Fall damage, accept the penalty and still go on to obtain the trophy. On average, you will need to complete a lap every 23 seconds, so if it is taking you longer than this, then you’ll need to restart.

Me Sane Bolt
Awarded by completing Time Attack 9 in under 50 seconds.

For this trophy you will need to collect all the crates on Mission 9 in under 50 seconds. This shouldn't prove to be too difficult, as it is possible to complete this mission well under this time. An ideal route is shown below:

Using this method, you can easily make it around the course in under 45 seconds. As you can see from the picture, Ed-_- managed to obtain a time of 43.36 seconds using this route. Just make sure to be quick with the Jet Pack and don't stay in the same place for too long. There is room for error here, so don't worry if you miss a crate and have to fly back to collect it. An interesting fact about the Jet Pack missions is that you cannot sustain any Fall damage whilst using the Jet Pack, so you can freefall down all of the drops to improve your time and will not have to worry about any time penalties.

Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; 01-23-2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Update
Ed-_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Guide Team

Send a message via AIM to tuffmuff Send a message via MSN to tuffmuff

Awards Showcase Guide Supplement Bronze   Staff - Guide Team   Bronzer Than Nothing   Awesome Mystery Award   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Member of the Month Winner   Silver Road Map Submitter   SOTM Winner   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)

*guide stuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Krid View Post
AMALGAMATE THOSE BITCHES!!!!
tuffmuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
SIE

Awards Showcase The Silver Lining   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

thanks for making the guide.

oh, and with Nut ‘n’ Bolt i had 18 seconds on the counter. i could have done it faster though but i got stuck next to the teleporter for a few seconds. getting past the mines and reaching the lower area can be done much faster then according to the guide's lines i notice. by the time i got 10 secs on the timer i reached the lower area of the map. the gap can be a little tricky though because of the mine and the little space to fit through. so i used those spare seconds i had to land on the platform below the mine before the gap and slingshot my way across. from there you only have to let go at the right time and make your way up.

it's an annoying level, but i partialy blame the slingshot's sensitivity for this level being so hard. the older PC versions of worms had much easier to use slingshots, any decent player could get his worms everywhere with it even on a flat open level.

Last edited by SIE; 09-04-2011 at 12:01 PM.
SIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIE View Post
thanks for making the guide.

oh, and with Nut ‘n’ Bolt i had 18 seconds on the counter. i could have done it faster though but i got stuck next to the teleporter for a few seconds. getting past the mines and reaching the lower area can be done much faster then according to the guide's lines i notice. by the time i got 10 secs on the timer i reached the lower area of the map. the gap can be a little tricky though because of the mine and the little space to fit through. so i used those spare seconds i had to land on the platform below the mine before the gap and slingshot my way across. from there you only have to let go at the right time and make your way up.

it's an annoying level, but i partialy blame the slingshot's sensitivity for this level being so hard. the older PC versions of worms had much easier to use slingshots, any decent player could get his worms everywhere with it even on a flat open level.
I actually failed on one occasion as I got stuck near the teleport at the end of the level! But I then completed it a few goes later

The times DP has given in the guide are just a guide . If you aren't at those points by that time you may need to consider restarting. It is of course possible to do it faster
Old 09-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Guide Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-_- View Post
I actually failed on one occasion as I got stuck near the teleport at the end of the level! But I then completed it a few goes later

The times DP has given in the guide are just a guide . If you aren't at those points by that time you may need to consider restarting. It is of course possible to do it faster
Yeh, the times that I posted in the guide are an absolute maximum and not necessarily a true indication. I did the course in 16.08 seconds, but compensated for the fact that not everyone will be able to do that, so I based the times on 19 seconds instead.

Ride ze Shoopuf?