Mastering Courses without killing yourself

Does anyone have an efficient way to go about trying to master all the courses without going brain-dead? I set my career tournaments to 1 round and have been playing through the season like that. I was thinking if I play every tournament at 1 round each and keep doing that until I win the Green Jacket 11 times(or however many it takes for that one trophy), then I should be mastered at all the courses. Is it more efficient to do it differently?

Imo the best thing to do is to play this game in amongst others and not solely focus on it. The course mastery is really boring. Playing round after round is tiresome so do a couple of rounds on your career and then play another game and come back.

Beware that on some courses (I forget which) there are only two Par 5s, this means getting the 5 eagles can be tricky or is overlooked. Bear this in mind so you don't have to play a full round just to get 1 eagle.

It's not necessary to play a full round for a par 5 eagle as you can simply go to play now mode and set the amount of holes you wish to play on any given course which includes playing only the par 5 holes.

I still require a couple of courses to master myself as I got pretty bored playing every event for 7 full seasons, which is also very time consuming so i skipped a fair few and simply ensured that i was always in the top 100 by the time Augusta came round on the calendar.

I would say that if that is the way you plan to play your career then you should easily master 16 courses over a 7 year career, my only tip would be if you don't have the collectors edition of the game then in the tournaments where you are given the option to change the location then make sure that you change it to some of the courses that aren't available more than once in a season like The Els Club, Kiawah Island, Royal Melbourne and Royal County Down.

Good luck in your quest. :D

Edit: I forgot to mention that when you do the Tiger Legacy challenges these also go towards the totals on course mastery so it helps to get this out of way early so as to avoid grinding out 100 pars etc when you may not have needed to. Hope this makes sense but if not feel free to message me on PSN where I will attempt to explain myself a little better.

Edited by Pagey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm in my 3rd season in career mode, and I have 8 of the 16 courses mastered. I'd assume getting the toddler Ricky trophy (because of having to go through the TW Legacy) and winning the Masters 7 times would take longer than mastering 16 courses. In short, don't sweat it, just play, and mastering 16 courses will come with time. Really is no way around 100 pars (takes the longest for me), but doing the training and all the sponsor sessions help a lot.