Need help to understand ways to hit the ball in different approaches

While playing the game, I see that the left analog stick not only you pull down and push up to hit the ball but you can hit it at an angle and the hard part is that I'm not sure in which way the ball will travel (left of dead center or right of dead center) if you hit it on a curve. This also troubles me when I'm on the green and less than 12ft away from the hole, I hit the ball when the putt meter goes in the yellow zone and feel the vibration but when I let go of the stick, the ball travels on a curve and misses the hole entirely, and the more this happens I get a bogey. Does anyone have tips to approach the ball better?

this goes for when the caddy tells you he reccomends to hit a lay-up with the 3 iron or go to the fairway and the game tells for you how many yards the landing will appear and how much % you need to hit the ball to get there. I just cant deterimine the best accuracy to give the ball a full sail to the green. Instead I just use a custom approach to hit the ball farther and get it 100% but does the percentage and the accuracy of hitting the ball goes together as one?

Edited by Vyrastas

Don't hit it at an angle so. Keep a steady line while trying to roughly judge the power. I always had a rough way to judge power. I think when the head of club went beyond my shoulder, i called that 70%. But mainly, the technique you speak off with curves are best left for dog-legs, paired with draw/fade

Generally, the curves (for both drives and putting) comes from any angle when you're pushing the left analog stick up when doing your swing. To have the ball go where the shot is supposed to go, try to push the left analog stick straight up (without any angle) when making your shot.

For drives, if you hit the ball on the left, it will curve left, and the same for right. A good way to get a sense of this is in the club tuning driving range. You can hit the balls with different angles and see how it impacts distance and direction.

For putting, the yellow area on the putting meter affects the power, but if you make your putt with an angle on the left analog stick, the putt can still veer to the right or left. Again, try to make your putt by pushing the left analog straight up with no angle.

I hope this is helpful - I know I still have trouble with it (especially the putting) from time to time, but I have definitely improved.

Isaac, once again, please keep similar questions about how to play a game in the same thread. No need to create a new thread for every single question you have, especially when they all concern the same thing: accuracy.

Please use the other open thread you have here for your questions going forward.