Playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour and watching a real live Golf tournament on TV

How are they different in terms of entertainment?

If you don't watch golf or like the sport at all (which in my case it's the former in questioning) Do you consider playing this game?

I watched Classic Game Room's review of the Masters and as always CGR makes dull games interesting

One you're watching on the TV. The other you're playing a video game. Simple.

I love golf. Watching, playing and the video games. I enjoy it regards of what I'm doing.

If you don't like watching the sport or don't know how it goes, forget it. It's not hard to learn but all the terminology and scoring system can be confusing. If you have a hard time understanding RPGs, you definitely won't understand when someone tries to explain how the golf game goes.

One you're watching on the TV. The other you're playing a video game. Simple.

I love golf. Watching, playing and the video games. I enjoy it regards of what I'm doing.

If you don't like watching the sport or don't know how it goes, forget it. It's not hard to learn but all the terminology and scoring system can be confusing. If you have a hard time understanding RPGs, you definitely won't understand when someone tries to explain how the golf game goes.

Jmowen, I know somewhat of golf. Each time you swing the club and hit the ball counts as a stroke. You play where the ball lies no matter what. The object of the sport is to hit the ball in few strokes as possible under Par. Each hole has a limited number of par to get to the green. The score is determined how many strokes you make to the green under par. -2 under par counts as an eagle, -1 under par counts as a birdie, -+0 counts as par and +1 is bogey. If you hit the ball in the sand trap ( bunker ) it counts as a two stroke penalty, and if I lands in the pond ( water hazard ) also counts as two strokes. There are 18 holes ( front 9 and back 9 ) and you have to get a low score to win

Sample of scoring

Hole 1; par 4: J.Owen -1

I.Heres +3

Hole 2; Par 3: J.Owen -1

I.Heres +2

Jmowen, I know somewhat of golf. Each time you swing the club and hit the ball counts as a stroke. You play where the ball lies no matter what. The object of the sport is to hit the ball in few strokes as possible under Par. Each hole has a limited number of par to get to the green. The score is determined how many strokes you make to the green under par. -2 under par counts as an eagle, -1 under par counts as a birdie, -+0 counts as par and +1 is bogey. If you hit the ball in the sand trap ( bunker ) it counts as a two stroke penalty, and if I lands in the pond ( water hazard ) also counts as two strokes. There are 18 holes ( front 9 and back 9 ) and you have to get a low score to win

Sample of scoring

Hole 1; par 4: J.Owen -1

I.Heres +3

Hole 2; Par 3: J.Owen -1

I.Heres +2

Mostly right but some wrong points. Your score is determined by how many shots it takes for you to get the ball into the cup, not onto the green. For example if it is a par 4 you must sink the ball in the cup in 3 shots to get a birdie, 2 shots for eagle, etc.

Also water hazard is a 2 stroke penalty but sand traps are not. There is no penalty when it comes to sand traps it just makes it much harder to hit the ball so golfers try to stay away.

How are they different in terms of entertainment?

If you don't watch golf or like the sport at all (which in my case it's the former in questioning) Do you consider playing this game?

I watched Classic Game Room's review of the Masters and as always CGR makes dull games interesting

While I can't speak for you, I know several people who used to hate golf, played a TW game, and now are recording golf tournaments on TV and playing every day (though this is with TW14).

I too very strongly recommend TW14 over this version. Not that TW12 was a bad game, I thought it was great when it came out and was enjoying it so much that I took my time with the plat, but in my opinion TW14 flat out blows this game away hands down so if you aren't sure whether you're going to like a golf game, I'd have to recommend the better one.

I realize that TW14 is new and going to be more expensive. But the game is so much more fun and addictive that it makes it worth it to me, but YMMV.

Perhaps the best thing for you to do though would be to download a demo and see what you think?