I didn't win the FedExCup?!?

I have one Callaway Sponsor objective to complete "Win the FedExCup" I had plenty of points, I was beating the 2nd place guy by over 1000. So I skipped the final 2 courses because I already had gold mastery on them. When the season was over, I was still way ahead of everybody else, but I did not have the FedExCup or the objective unlocked. WTF? I did a Google search of how to win the FedExCup and found this on Wikipedia's FexExCup page under the playoff rewards section:

"The player with the most points after the Tour Championship wins the FedExCup itself..."

It was definitely after the Tour Championship (It was even after the Fantasy Challenge) and I had the most points. So what gives?

I'll try again next season.

It might just have been a glitch, but if anyone has any insight on what went wrong, shoot a reply in this thread.

Thanks!

I have one Callaway Sponsor objective to complete "Win the FedExCup" I had plenty of points, I was beating the 2nd place guy by over 1000. So I skipped the final 2 courses because I already had gold mastery on them. When the season was over, I was still way ahead of everybody else, but I did not have the FedExCup or the objective unlocked. WTF? I did a Google search of how to win the FedExCup and found this on Wikipedia's FexExCup page under the playoff rewards section:

"The player with the most points after the Tour Championship wins the FedExCup itself..."

It was definitely after the Tour Championship (It was even after the Fantasy Challenge) and I had the most points. So what gives?

I'll try again next season.

It might just have been a glitch, but if anyone has any insight on what went wrong, shoot a reply in this thread.

Thanks!

The FedEx Cup is golf's playoff system. The final 4 events of the year (not counting the fantasy challenge at the end) are the actual playoffs itself and everything before is the regular season in which you earn points to qualify for the playoffs. Basically, you want to be in the top 5 in points just before the "Tour Championship" at East Lake and then win the event at East Lake. If you have enough points you can skip a few of the playoff events kinda like bye weeks in NFL, but skipping the Tour Championship at East Lake is kinda like skipping the Super Bowl. See also this thread for TW14 which has some more detail about it: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tiger-woods-pga-tour-14/195690-fed-ex-cup.html

Edited by FreeAsInBeer