Is this Platinum now unattainable?

The Live tournaments seem to be done. Therefore no trophy for competing in said event. All the options say "No Tournaments" and if you search the history of live tournaments and choose "closed" or "all" you will see the last one was right about the tiime Tiger Woods 14 came out...hmm Is this the beginning of the end?!

I don't know for sure, but I started playing this a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing.

I found this post on the "EA Answers" forum:

Daily/Weekly Tournaments Update - Answer HQ

While I don't think this post is from someone affiliated with EA, it looks like Daily/Weekly Tournaments are down for Tiger Woods 13 right now as well, and that it's being fixed and should be back up in a few weeks.

Hard to know for sure if that will include the Tiger Woods 12 tournaments as well, but I hope that it is just something related that they are fixing rather than a sign that they are going to start phasing out support for Tiger Woods 12.

That's somewhat encouraging.

Since this is my friends game I only had the 2 day trial online pass so I can't get back online and check if they are up and running again. If someone could post if they are back up I might get the online past to get the platinum. I wounder if I can go to his house and sign in and use his online pass...hmm...

Another encouraging thought is that it's The Masters this week; maybe they will deadline any reset/fix to coincide with that!

I will also check for you whenever I fire up the game. Playing it on and off at the moment, amongst other things. I will also post back if I find they're up.

@lordFRZA: Not sure about signing in on a friend's system would work or not; knowing EA each pass is probably assigned to the user, and not the system. I guess it is worth a try though.

@lowempire

I'm not sure about TW12 but I have 4 people playing on my PS3 and usually we can use same DLC, online pass, etc. The last one I can think of was Assassin's creed 3 where me and my son both were using the same online pass. What I think the catch might be is that I won't have any game/save data on his PS3.

Online passes are stupid. If I got the game I should be able to play it as it came. Why pay more to play a game you already have? It's the biggest racket going! Next they'll be charging you every time you turn on your controller! (Sorry. I just had to get that out.)

I recommend you spam EA Tiger Woods forum with this. That way maybe they will make you a tournament. There was EXACTLY the same problem in TW11 with live tournament and survey and they did made some before servers went offline but it really took about 20 or so weeks of spamming the forum with requests.

Well I was hoping to post back some good news for you by now but I guess I was being over-optimistic. Just checked again today and still nothing. The only ones that come up when viewing the history under the Schedules section are the 'Closed' ones; the last one I see was on 27th March. Other than that I get the 'please try again later' message. Bummer. I guess it's going to be an aggravating waiting-game until they fix the issue.

@lowempire

I'm not sure about TW12 but I have 4 people playing on my PS3 and usually we can use same DLC, online pass, etc. The last one I can think of was Assassin's creed 3 where me and my son both were using the same online pass. What I think the catch might be is that I won't have any game/save data on his PS3.

Yes, normally that's the case; I have multiple users on mine. Previously I was simply pondering out a worst-case scenario or typicality, it is EA after all! ;) As for save data I'm fairly certain they are locked so that would rule out a thumb drive trick. If you had the cloud saving through Plus I bet that would work, although when I first backed up mine I remember seeing a message about waiting 24 hours before you are able to retrieve it; a minor bugbear but workable.

If you started a new game from scratch on your friend's system would that work? As in: Create golfer, sign in, go to the Live Tournaments (once they're back), start one (you don't need to complete it), get trophy, sync to your profile, re-sync back on your own system, and job done. Could it be that simple?

Sorry if I'm rambling a bit. Just attempting to bounce ideas back.

Just thought I'd post a quick update... I'm back to playing TW12, and still no Live Tournaments are online.

I guess we'll get a better sense of whether they'll come back or not once the fix is at least applied to TW13. Here's hoping they fix both and Live Tournaments return with no problem!

Unfortunately, given EA's track record, I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't happen (I could even see them not fixing TW13 now that TW14 is out :()

Will keep everyone posted if/when I find out any other updates.

I found out I can view the live tournaments screen from the Tiger at the Masters section, even without the online pass. So I CAN still check for tournaments but unfortunately I'm seeing the same thing you guys are...nothing :(

I feel like Tiger looks in my sig ;) Trying to punch myself in the face and screaming

Edited by lordFRZA

I don't know for sure, but I started playing this a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing.

I found this post on the "EA Answers" forum:

Daily/Weekly Tournaments Update - Answer HQ

While I don't think this post is from someone affiliated with EA, it looks like Daily/Weekly Tournaments are down for Tiger Woods 13 right now as well, and that it's being fixed and should be back up in a few weeks.

Hard to know for sure if that will include the Tiger Woods 12 tournaments as well, but I hope that it is just something related that they are fixing rather than a sign that they are going to start phasing out support for Tiger Woods 12.

Pretty sure that's not regarding Live tournaments for TW12. "Connected Tournaments" is a new feature in TW14, which was broken for a bit, and they did a server side fix which made it work it in time for the Masters last week.

• 2 weeks later...

:eek:

Good news everyone - There actually are several online Live Tournaments listed for TW12 today! I got the trophy an hour ago no problem :dance:

Kudos to EA for actually bringing back this functionality (hopefully for this and TW13 as well) and listening to people voicing their frustration. I was completely shocked, and was thinking this was a lost cause.

Kudos to EA for actually bringing back this functionality (hopefully for this and TW13 as well) and listening to people voicing their frustration. I was completely shocked, and was thinking this was a lost cause.

Wait, wuut? 13 has been unattainable aswell? What gives, EA?

I just bought this digitally a couple of months ago?

I haven't been playing TW13, so am not sure if it's been unattainable, but there is a trophy in it for playing a Live Tournament, so I assume it has been.

It's only been the last month or so that the Live Tournaments went offline and no new ones were posted, but now they're back and hopefully TW12 & TW13 are both fully attainable now! :)

I dont know when will EA learn to make trophies in a way, that you could get them forever and not only for the first two years after release. I can actually understand, that they shut down servers when they are only used by a bunch of players, but is it is difficult to have this in mind when creating trophy list?

:eek:

Good news everyone - There actually are several online Live Tournaments listed for TW12 today! I got the trophy an hour ago no problem :dance:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks so good I had to quote it and post it again!!

Thanks for the heads up Sajjio!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

This is BS. This is the reason why developers SHOULD NOT put multiplayer trophies in games. I picked this a couple weeks ago and I am going to be 1 trophy short of the Platinum trophy. Because the Live tournaments are no more I can't get the Online participation trophy. Trophies should just be for single player only, why should I have to rely on somebody else to get my trophies. Developers need to stop doing this to gamers.