Broken Record Trophy - 281 Weeks in a Row?

So, here's food for thought...:think:...Does the Broken Recordtrophy need to be 281 weeks in a row? The reason that I am wondering that is because everyone, including myself, are assuming that it is (I'm basing this off the comments I've read about Tiger 12's trophies). However, the description for this trophy is Hold down the #1 spot on the EA SPORTS Golf Rankings for more than 281 weeks. No where in the trophy does it say "in a row". So if I held down the #1 spot for say 100 weeks and then lost it for a couple of weeks but then held it for 182 weeks, would that unlock the trophy? It would've been "more than 281 weeks". IDK, i'm just kinda being goofy. I'm not going to try this out just in case, but was just something I was wondering about.:whistle:

So, here's food for thought...:think:...Does the Broken Recordtrophy need to be 281 weeks in a row? The reason that I am wondering that is because everyone, including myself, are assuming that it is (I'm basing this off the comments I've read about Tiger 12's trophies). However, the description for this trophy is Hold down the #1 spot on the EA SPORTS Golf Rankings for more than 281 weeks. No where in the trophy does it say "in a row". So if I held down the #1 spot for say 100 weeks and then lost it for a couple of weeks but then held it for 182 weeks, would that unlock the trophy? It would've been "more than 281 weeks". IDK, i'm just kinda being goofy. I'm not going to try this out just in case, but was just something I was wondering about.:whistle:

Unfortunately I think it does have to be in a row.

I just recently got to #1 and before you play a round it says "you have remained #1 for x weeks, Tiger's record is 281 weeks, can you surpass him" or something like that.

It would be nice if it was only 281 weeks non-consectively as that would make things alot less stressful.

My plan is to make backup saves every so often just in case something weird happens, every 10-20 events or so. Not a hard trophy just something to be careful of.

Side note: Go Vikings!

Well the trophy is probably related to tigers record of being #1 in the world golf rankings for 281 weeks in a row, so yes it's likely that breaking the sequence will mean you don't get the trophy.

EDIT : need to type faster :)

Edited by BTatHOME

Cool, thanks guys! I didn't know that about Tiger's streak, so then that makes sense...and obviously i haven't made it to #1 yet. I think I'm 61 right now. I was just wondering, wasn't planning on trying it out on purpose LOL.

But that is a really good idea! I didn't even think of that, making the back up saves. I have Playstation Plus, so I think what I'll do is everytime I'm done playing I'm going to back up my files to Playstation, and if something fluky happens then I can just pull it off of the site. Awesome!

Side note to the side note: Thanks man! Vikes ROCK!!! :applause:

Edited by BarracudaBarry

My concern with this trophy is that, if there are any events you dont have the coarses for i.e you have to pick em up from the store, your gonna miss out on the trophy!

I started the pga today, wierdest thing the first event says i need to play a pga tour event to qualify??WTF this was the first?Had to skip it!!

Anyway, played 2nd event,won,next event i didn't have the coarse map so had to DNP it.

If you have to miss events will this knacker your trophy??

Sneaky mofo's that EA are!!!!

My concern with this trophy is that, if there are any events you dont have the coarses for i.e you have to pick em up from the store, your gonna miss out on the trophy!

I started the pga today, wierdest thing the first event says i need to play a pga tour event to qualify??WTF this was the first?Had to skip it!!

Anyway, played 2nd event,won,next event i didn't have the coarse map so had to DNP it.

If you have to miss events will this knacker your trophy??

Sneaky mofo's that EA are!!!!

I think that first event has something to do with needing to previously win or participate in a PGA Tour event and it's held every year. So at the beginning of the next season you should be able to play in it.

However with the other crab, I agree, it sucks! Refer to the thread that I started last week titled "Save yourself some money..." It's basically exactly what you are refering to in your comments. There are a total of six events you can't play with DLC if you purchased the regular edition and a total of four events even if you purchased the collectors edition. I think we should all get our pitch forks and storm EA :boom:

There is noreason that the dlc will effect the trophy, if you are winning most events then you will have enough of a lead to skip a few tournaments ( just like did for 4 years).

I think that's true. I'm not tooooo worried about the trophy. I am going to keep an eye on it just so I don't mistakenly miss it. But I do like to play every event and it's kinda retarted that you can't even play through the basics of the game 100% without DLC. DLC should always be extra stuff to do on the side or extend the game after it's already complete (example: Fallout 3). But hey, that's just me being old fashion.

Just letting you know I've now moved on to season 2 in my game and some of the events are on different courses.

For instance, the last event in the first season took place on the predator but in the second season it's now on the emerald dragon instead.

There are a few other events that have also changed but I don't have the details right now.

In short, if you want to play every event in the game, you're far better off downloading the packs as opposed to each DLC course individually.

Off to win the Masters for a second time!:dance:

I think that's true. I'm not tooooo worried about the trophy. I am going to keep an eye on it just so I don't mistakenly miss it. But I do like to play every event and it's kinda retarted that you can't even play through the basics of the game 100% without DLC. DLC should always be extra stuff to do on the side or extend the game after it's already complete (example: Fallout 3). But hey, that's just me being old fashion.

There is nothing wrong with being old fashioned, i feel the same way. DLC should be an add on to a complete game like you said, not something that has to be used for one freaking trophy. I personally am considering just paying the 35 dollars for the eagle pack because I feel this game finally has to replay ability that the other Tiger games have lacked. On 2011, I don't even think I finished my first season, because it wasn't necessary for Plat. But now with the Masters and Augusta included, I feel I will have this game up until next years edition hits shelves

I just found something out regarding saving your data.

I just tried to make a back up save of my progress to a USB drive and I couldn't save it. :mad:

I believe that you can still save it to the PS Plus storage space but I do not have PS Plus.

I tried to be sneaky and log on to my brothers PS Plus account to save it :D but it looks like it only saves the files associated with each account.

So basically I have two choices regarding the 281 week trophy.

1. Play every event possible (minus DLC of course) and win each one to guarantee I don't lose my number 1 ranking.

2. Skip the DLC events plus other minor events and hope that I don't lose it somewhere along the line. (This is what I'm planning on doing).

I remember someone over on the XBOX board said that it you're doing this the best thing is to never skip back to back events and always play any event that has 3 stars or more. Hopefully by using this method it will speed up the trophy and I will report back later on how it works out.

Wish me luck! :drunk:

I'm still on my first season because I've been working on some of the other trophies, but I've been checking my ranking after each event just to see my progress. I was ranked #32 and then I skipped an event because I didn't have the course and then checked my ranking again and it dropped to #33. I'm so glad that I have Playstation Plus. I'm going to back up after every event. Could you imagine going 250+ events at #1 and then dropping to #2!?! :2walls:

I'm still on my first season because I've been working on some of the other trophies, but I've been checking my ranking after each event just to see my progress. I was ranked #32 and then I skipped an event because I didn't have the course and then checked my ranking again and it dropped to #33. I'm so glad that I have Playstation Plus. I'm going to back up after every event. Could you imagine going 250+ events at #1 and then dropping to #2!?! :2walls:

That is my ultimate fear going forward with this. I'm tempted to wait until someone comes up with a decent strategy but until then I'll probably compete in most of the events that I can. Once I get a decent enough lead I should be safe to skip a few. Hopefully!

If you were tanking in a tourney and on hole 16/17 etc, could you just turn off the PS3 to ensure you don't drop from the #1 spot? Or does it automatically save, i.e. when you turn ps3 back on, your tourney would continue from whatever hole you last completed?

Anyone tried this?

You can actually just go to the menu and go to 'Save and Quit'. Then go and restart the round and it will ask you if you would like to restart the event or resume it. If you are just tanking the one hole, then you could resume the event and it will start at the beginning of whatever hole you were on. If you were tanking the entire round, then just hit restart to do the whole round over.