Rate the trophy difficulty...  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.21

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 2 weeks later...

Gave it a 4.

Definitely more time consuming than difficult. I'd say around 100 hours is necessary to plat this.

For the 25 aces, the best way to get them is to get to the par 3 contest in your career and keep redoing the first hole until you get one which means you don't have to keep loading the hole and waste time. Once you get one (around 10-15 tries) load the next hole and try once to get another one. If you get one great if not restart the whole thing again at hole 1 and go for more. Took me about an hour or two to get the 15 more I needed.

The 281 weeks was a bit annoying too but you should be able to skip most two star tournaments to speed things up a bit.

Other than that, most of the rest of the trophies aren't too hard.

Enjoyed the game. :dance:

As most people have stated already, this is more time consuming than difficult. I am currently on my 4th season about to complete my Nike sponsorship after this Masters and currently have about 130 weeks at number 1. I have 10 out of 16 courses mastered and the other 6 are at silver so I am approaching that also, just need PSN to come back online for the online pins. Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed this game and may continue to play it even after Plat.

• 2 weeks later...

Voted for a 6, some skill (or is it luck) to get he 25 Hole in Ones ... and the 281 weeks is just a chore (but easily achieved by skipping the right events). Nothing is impossible for this, and since it can all be done on Amateur rank its relatively simple.

If you like golf or golf games in general, then most of the trophies are enjoyable and easily achieved just by playing through the game. If you have trouble putting see my suggestion in the putting help forum. The 281 weeks at #1 was a bit of a grind. Platinum finished yesterday

• 3 weeks later...

I'm giving this one a 5. It is really more time consuming than hard. To complete I need 14 more aces (they will come with patience), 7 masters wins (currently have 5) and 281 weeks at no. 1.(currently about 180 weeks, this one is a real grind). 2 of the masters moments were a bit of a pain but again they will come with patience.

voted 5 but i can see people voting higher. plat time was around 60hrs. care-bare (guide author) may have overestimated the 100hr mark. the game shouldnt take that long. also there isnt a need for playing on harder difficulties short of one trophy.

the hard parts relating to skill are the master moments and 25hole-in-ones. the hard parts relating to game length are 281 weeks@#1, mastering 16 courses, unlocking the prototype clubs/outfits (the sponsor challenges aren't necessarily a pain but there are so many of them deep into your career that getting to them becomes a chore).

Masters moments definitely the hardest bit. 25 hole in ones is a pain but not that difficult (I got my 29th hole in one today, was only my 25th one which counted towards my pin tho).

Only got 281 weeks and 7 masters wins to do now, and I am on 239 and 6 masters wins, so should have this within the week. Voting it as a 6.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got Platinum for this last night!!

Gave it a 7.

Maybe as this was a Late purchase, trying to get the 10 Online Wins against people that have been playing for a long time was super hard. To the point where i gave up and resorted to Boosting.

I can see 25 Aces being quite difficult for some too, it was probably the last Pin i got and i had to Grind a whole two days getting it.

But other than that the rest is quite straightforward, the 281 Weeks is a Grind...

Good game, a game i think i have played too much, think i might solely play it with Move now to change it up a little.

I give it a 6.

It is can very time consuming when grinding for the 281 weeks at number 1. Getting 25 aces is also a grind, as I had a hard time getting aces in the RTM, but with GamerNet help I was able to do it. Mastering Courses is easy when you can save after a hole, but again time consuming,

• 1 month later...

Rated a 5.

Lists, to unlock lists, which unlock more lists you'll need to complete to finish other lists, needed to complete the trophy list... :drool:

There are a few challenges in the game, but the one thing that will stop a lot from obtaining the platinum, is the amount of time it takes to achieve it. If you're a complete addict like me, you probably won't stop playing the game well after obtaining all the trophies :)

• 3 weeks later...

It's over. FINALLY. I'd just like to send a personal "FUCK YOU" to EA Sports for having the RTTM mode only 10 seasons long causing me to start my quest for 281 weeks ALL over again.

OT: I'd say a 5, not initially hard but very time consuming... Yes, I have just spent 4 entire mornings of at least 5 hrs straight doing RTTM just to get 281 weeks trophy... I'm happy it's over, but still quite irratated.

• 2 months later...