XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > T (PS3) > Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11

Old 10-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rental platinum?

I was planning on getting this from lovefilm but have been reading about this online pass malarkey.

I understand that you get 7 days free but is this long enough to get all the online trophies? Does the 7 day trial activate immediately or could I practice offline before beginning the 7 days?

Any advice as to how to go about getting through the offline before the trial expires?

Cheers
YourMum23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hm its a tough one, may have trouble getting the 12 v 12 trophy and unsure if the survey is still up.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

I managed all trophies but one (the played with pros one ... because they didn;t have an online pro tournement in the last month).

The hard ones would be:
- the survey (which was available lasy Thursday but not sure of current status)
- the 12 v 12 (as it requires a fair bit of co-ordination with 23 other people)
- the played with pros (as it requires a online pro tournement to be taking place).

yes you can practise offline before activating the pass ... and you can even get the video and survey trophies without activating it too. I would practise for a while offline and get all of those trophies and then find out if a Pro tournament in taking place (usually Thursday-Sunday), if you can get a 12v12 sorted around the same time then your done.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

^--- The survey is gone, again?

Oh boy, lol.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinRG View Post
^--- The survey is gone, again?

Oh boy, lol.
Not sure if that is a question about my post .... I don't know if the survey is gone or not because I don't have the game anymore (I was merely pointing out the trophies that could be difficult on a rental pass)
Old 10-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourMum23 View Post
I was planning on getting this from lovefilm but have been reading about this online pass malarkey.

I understand that you get 7 days free but is this long enough to get all the online trophies? Does the 7 day trial activate immediately or could I practice offline before beginning the 7 days?

Any advice as to how to go about getting through the offline before the trial expires?

Cheers
I got the Platinum on a rental, but it is tough. The main thing to focus on is getting in on the 12 v 12 trophy before starting your 7 day pass, as you need the online pass for that one. The survey is also a pain in the ass too, but you don't need the online pass for that. Although, keep in mind, the survey only seems to be around for a few days, every 3-4 weeks or so (and there isn't one right now). So, in a perfect world, I'd wait a couple weeks, coordinate the 12v12 and the survey in the same week, so you don't have to hold onto the game forever while waiting for the survey. Good luck!

Also, you can play offline before starting the online pass. It asks you every time the game starts, so just be sure to exit out of that screen and don't start the 7 day trial.
The-Captain-388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:43 AM   #7 (permalink)

I wrote a scathing review on it on lovefilm heh, I've not started my 7day trial but I did get the survey done at least.
I believe at the moment there is no Tournaments on so the playing the pros tournament trophies are currently impossible to get, so it can be done on a rental but you're at the beck of EA and obviously finding others for the 12v12

allythebruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Bananas

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   15,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Gold
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

No play the pros tournament(s) or survey as of 8:36PM Saturday, October 16th. Really frustrating as I should of had my last week.

This game is not a rentable platinum in my eyes. You can get the offline trophies in less than a couple of hours but the online trophies all depend on whether EA is being nice or not.

July 13, 2004 ~ Donate Life ~ April 3, 2013
Johnny Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:57 AM   #9 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmowen View Post
No play the pros tournament(s) or survey as of 8:36PM Saturday, October 16th. Really frustrating as I should of had my last week.

This game is not a rentable platinum in my eyes. You can get the offline trophies in less than a couple of hours but the online trophies all depend on whether EA is being nice or not.
Which one are you missing, the play the pros trophy and/or the survey trophy? I'm so glad I got this headache of a game completed, waiting on EA was a major pain in the ass.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Bananas

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   15,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Gold
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinRG View Post
Which one are you missing, the play the pros trophy and/or the survey trophy? I'm so glad I got this headache of a game completed, waiting on EA was a major pain in the ass.
Play the Pros. What's funny (stupid on my part) is that I actually care about my score. So, I did the tournament when I first got it and scored a +5 and didn't submit my score because I wanted to go back a few days later to work on it. Of course, I forgot about it and look what happens haha.

July 13, 2004 ~ Donate Life ~ April 3, 2013
Johnny Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote