XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 08-07-2010, 03:13 AM   #1
bbrickson83

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Default Best spot for Best of Best Trophy!

Thanks for our sistr site xbox360achievments....they mentioned a great place for the best of the best trophy! its only 388yards and i have over shotten it a couple times, and theres plenty of room to not pass it too far. it may take a few tries but its very doable, you dont even need a great speed of wind, but it will still be needed.

hope this helps!

1. go to play now choose tiger
2. golf course - pebbble beach hole 2
3. fast fairway, gust winds, sunny
4. BLUE TEE SELECT
Old 08-07-2010, 04:26 AM   #2
KileyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrickson83 View Post
Thanks for our sistr site xbox360achievments....they mentioned a great place for the best of the best trophy! its only 388yards and i have over shotten it a couple times, and theres plenty of room to not pass it too far. it may take a few tries but its very doable, you dont even need a great speed of wind, but it will still be needed.

hope this helps!

1. go to play now choose tiger
2. golf course - pebbble beach hole 2
3. fast fairway, gust winds, sunny
4. BLUE TEE SELECT
Thanks so much man!! Took me quite a few tries but it worked like a charm. I got 395 so there is still about 10 yards or so of room for other people to try, good luck!!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:51 AM   #3
bbrickson83

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KileyJ View Post
Thanks so much man!! Took me quite a few tries but it worked like a charm. I got 395 so there is still about 10 yards or so of room for other people to try, good luck!!

no problem man, glad it helped you out!
Old 08-07-2010, 07:26 AM   #4
MikeKeese
Banned

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

How do you drive so far? I can't even get the ball past that sand trap in the middle.

Is it best to hit the ball all the way at the bottom and does changing golfer affect the challenges?

Last edited by MikeKeese; 08-07-2010 at 08:25 AM.
MikeKeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
KileyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKeese View Post
How do you drive so far? I can't even get the ball past that sand trap in the middle.

Is it best to hit the ball all the way at the bottom and does changing golfer affect the challenges?
Make sure you have gale force winds, blue tee, fast fairway and that you have the setting turned on so that you can influence the roll of the ball. When you start, notice the wind, if it is blowing strong towards you, quit and start over. If it is at your back, northeast or northwest, go for it but adjust your aim to account for where the wind is blowing. As you are swinging, quickly and repeatedly tap X to increase the power of your swing. You should have a swing of about 110% to 120%. As the ball is in the air, notice where the ball will land and influence the roll so that it stays on the green and goes past the challenge marker. Good luck
Old 08-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #6
MikeKeese
Banned

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KileyJ View Post
Make sure you have gale force winds, blue tee, fast fairway and that you have the setting turned on so that you can influence the roll of the ball. When you start, notice the wind, if it is blowing strong towards you, quit and start over. If it is at your back, northeast or northwest, go for it but adjust your aim to account for where the wind is blowing. As you are swinging, quickly and repeatedly tap X to increase the power of your swing. You should have a swing of about 110% to 120%. As the ball is in the air, notice where the ball will land and influence the roll so that it stays on the green and goes past the challenge marker. Good luck
I kept trying to beat your score on Pebble Beach last night but I couldn't. I was able to get it though on Torrey Pines hole 9.
MikeKeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
Vaile23

i can't do this? no matter if the wind is 25mph behind me, it won't get over the sand, and im doing exactly as you said!

edit: great, someones beat it and posted a harder challenge... thanks a lot!

Last edited by Vaile23; 08-08-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Vaile23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
stews25

i just got this trophy on my 2nd attempt on hole 9 celtic manor , wind 25mph , easy
stews25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #9
Vaile23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stews25 View Post
i just got this trophy on my 2nd attempt on hole 9 celtic manor , wind 25mph , easy
wind is always blowing against me and someone will end up beating it before me... grrr.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:40 PM   #10
Vaile23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stews25 View Post
haha, i took your advice yeah... but accidently selected hole 2 as well and was playing that for ages not realising why i couldn't do it..

once i realised, i got it first go platinum, nice!