Is this game as bad as people say it is?

BananaSausage47

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, it's pretty bad (3/10 is my personal opinion). The Green Lantern is alot better and the playstyle is about the same.

If your wanting a Marvel game, go with Captain America or X-men origins instead of this p.o.s.

Damn, and Green Latern was pretty bad too. Glad I skipped playing Thor.

• 3 months later...

I've got it and I regret getting it!

The only plus really is that I bought it pre-owned so it only cost a fraction of the new price at 7.50 (sterling).

If you want repetitive strain injury (RSI) this is the one for you.

I am still playing it and have got as far as Ulik but every fight whether it be ordinary or Boss they are all nearly identical and interminable, (i.e. there doesn't seem to be an end to them even after you think you have won).

The camera angles are infuriating - you can't seem to stay on the right side of the character you are fighting to allow you to grapple and there are far too many "moves", (i.e. button combinations). It's impossible to remember them all and you inevitably forget the one you actually need to beat the opponent.

I shall keep going because I don't give in easily, but whereas Captain America was worth a second playthrough, I definitely will not bother playing subsequent playthroughs with Thor.

All in all, this game is very poorly thought out - not a patch on the likes of Assassins Creed or Batman.

• 8 months later...

This is one of the shittest games ever made. Bought it, played it for 2 hours. Sold it after realizing the shit is was. Wanting to increase my completion rate so bought it back. Played it for and hour and said to hell with it. May the person or ppl that made this die a slow painful death. Not really, but this game will make you search for cliffs to jump off of. Run away from the sight of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I found this game pretty dull. I had to force myself to play this every time I started it up. Boss fights on the hardest difficulty are frustrating until you learn the best method to beat them, but once you do it isn't too bad. The game feels unresponsive at times which is annoying. Overall, I have played worse games, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone when there are so many other great games out there.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Why does everybody hate this game so much? Im playing Videogames for nearly 20 years now and honestly....compared to iron man ,green lantern,hulk,captain ridiculous,spiderman,deadfool and all the mmos.Its by far the best! its even better than GoW 3. Decent story, decent gameplay,extreme challenging,and most important...Bosses. where are all the bosses gone nowadys??They vanished. I know i cant speak for the new age generation but when you buy a hacknslay you know what to expect right? So what did you expect? I think most ppl dont know it by themselves!

Of course its not a blockbuster like Last of Us or Uncharted,...but LoU e.g. was crap and sucked bad but nobodys admitting it! Traipsing around for hours and looking for stuff nobody needs in order to sneak around socalled monsters u dont even need to kill? really?

I prefer games like thor where i have to actually do something instead of being bored to death!

Just my op.

Greetz and have fun with whatever you play!

Edited by Subjugator

• 5 months later...

Yeah its pretty bad - the camera is bad, graphics bad, the gameplay is not very good. I'm only at the Spire in the second world, pretty close to shelving this one.

Only paid $8 at EB, but still wish I hadn't bought it. I did read these thread first, but did not heed the warnings :( I will in the future.

• 3 months later...
Why does everybody hate this game so much? Im playing Videogames for nearly 20 years now and honestly....compared to iron man ,green lantern,hulk,captain ridiculous,spiderman,deadfool and all the mmos.Its by far the best! its even better than GoW 3. Decent story, decent gameplay,extreme challenging,and most important...Bosses. where are all the bosses gone nowadys??They vanished. I know i cant speak for the new age generation but when you buy a hacknslay you know what to expect right? So what did you expect? I think most ppl dont know it by themselves!

Of course its not a blockbuster like Last of Us or Uncharted,...but LoU e.g. was crap and sucked bad but nobodys admitting it! Traipsing around for hours and looking for stuff nobody needs in order to sneak around socalled monsters u dont even need to kill? really?

I prefer games like thor where i have to actually do something instead of being bored to death!

Just my op.

Greetz and have fun with whatever you play!

respect your opinion but compare with GOW3 is simply ridiculous.

..........in time, I have 54 years old and play vg from the beginning....:D

• 8 months later...

Even though this is horrible, I plan to give it another go soon. Any tips would be appreciated. The guide is helpful but anything you could add would be nice.

Edit: This game is worse than than say it is. Bad is not sufficiant enough to cover the POS that this is. :(

Edited by kfree7

• 4 months later...

I've had this game for two years and I'm just finally getting around to wanting to plat it.

I'm at Asgard Besieged and only need four trophies (health, force, feats, very hard diff). I can say I'm not looking forward to the final battle, at all. Although, game isn't that bad once you beat it on easy and upgrade.

It's just getting through that first play through. What really sucks about it, is how slow Thor is and how the melee is just useless on Valhallan. You'll swipe air two or three times before actually connecting. I've just been grabbing all the small characters and hammer lightning/combo the big guys. Also, I found myself blasting through Odinforce in crowds and then going to checkpoint and just dying on purpose to come back full. There's also the blocking, which seems to not block certain attacks when it wants to. Although, deflecting is easy enough. Jumping isn't bad since there's no fall death but, everyone who has ever played this understands why there is no fall death. Jump is the most unresponsive command in the game.

Thor is hard and there is some bad gameplay. This isn't really a game you blast through on a weekend like, Captain America (which can be done in one sitting) or God of War (oddly, I find this game more interesting than GoW). There's at least a three play through minimum and you are not going to want to do it or finish in a couple days. This is something you put down and come back to after a while. Is it worth the $5 I paid... yeah, it is. Although, I'd rather be playing the most poorly made kids game, right now.