Is this game any good?

Scarfacew00t

The short answer is yes, it's a fun game. When I played this game I was expecting a mess, but it turned out to be pretty solid. I'm not saying that this game should get any awards, but it did the character of Thor some justice, while trying to keep with the aesthetic of the movie. It's a pretty average game, yet it always kept my attention, didn't feel as repetitive as Spider-man: Edge of Time, and I never felt annoyed by it's slight nuances. Not a star, but surely not the worst out there, not even bad, just average, but still fun.

The short answer is yes, it's a fun game. When I played this game I was expecting a mess, but it turned out to be pretty solid. I'm not saying that this game should get any awards, but it did the character of Thor some justice, while trying to keep with the aesthetic of the movie. It's a pretty average game, yet it always kept my attention, didn't feel as repetitive as Spider-man: Edge of Time, and I never felt annoyed by it's slight nuances. Not a star, but surely not the worst out there, not even bad, just average, but still fun.

I will respectfully disagree with your assertion. I found this game to be mediocre at best. The enemies are repetitive. The combat is not good. The difficulty is random. The suggestion of trying to keep with the aesthetic of the movie is the problem because games that follow that pattern are never good. It's not the worst super hero movie game, but it was the worst one released last year. Green Lantern and Captain America were better. It's at best a rental.

I will respectfully disagree with your assertion. I found this game to be mediocre at best. The enemies are repetitive. The combat is not good. The difficulty is random. The suggestion of trying to keep with the aesthetic of the movie is the problem because games that follow that pattern are never good. It's not the worst super hero movie game, but it was the worst one released last year. Green Lantern and Captain America were better. It's at best a rental.

Well, I didn't paid for it.. lol that's why I don't mind playing it or not. Found it in a bargain bin without a price sticker on it.. so I assumed it was freebee so took it and got out the store with it in my hands and no one intercepted me.. so, yeah freebee!

I will respectfully disagree with your assertion. I found this game to be mediocre at best.

That's your opinion about it, and I won't argue over that since that's the point of having so many different video games out there. I have played games for over 20 years, and even though I'm not able to play like I used to anymore, I can deal with poor mechanics, and still enjoy a game more than the average gamer. The question was if the game was fun, and it was. I didn't praise the game, but didn't find the need to bash it either. I got it on Gamefly and a week later I send it back, even got a Platinum for my troubles.

Edited by Neophenom

Well, I didn't paid for it.. lol that's why I don't mind playing it or not. Found it in a bargain bin without a price sticker on it.. so I assumed it was freebee so took it and got out the store with it in my hands and no one intercepted me.. so, yeah freebee!

Hum...I hope that was a joke :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

I guess we r the only ones who enjoyed this game i rented it and now it's on my buy list :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I honestly enjoyed it, and though I was having a miserable time at certain times playing the game (due to some annoying control delays), I really look back on the game fondly. It's oddly one of my favorite platinums that I've gotten, not because it too the most effort, but because it was fun (for me) to get. Not to mention Valhalla difficulty Mangog was just hard enough to make me feel proud for beating him.

• 2 months later...