MANGOG ON VAHALLA level

Just beat this myself, it is hell, but if you can make through the second phase you can almost guarantee a win. First part, R3 hammer throw as much as possible until he is grappable, rinse and repeat until he's emptied of first bar, when low on odin force use the L2 + R2 throw and combo with melee when he's stunned, this does about a percent of his bar, but still adds up. Next fight, get as far away as possible to his perch and only reflect shots that you know won't lead to you getting hit by another one, mainly try to wait for the breath shots, they hit harder, but also have a larger range when exploding so there's a down side. Finally when it's down to the last fight, first two power surges will be filled up by the R3 hammer throws, if you regained full odin force during the second phase, after the first horn is broken things will actually get easier from one single move he does, you'll know when it's coming because the R3 target icon will appear in the corner, it is absolutely vital you hit his head during this attack, if you do it will instantly fill the power surge gauge, even if it was empty, the first one of these attacks came right after I destroyed his first horn, the second one I was using what odin force dropped from the last grapple fight and he started charging up again, hit his head, then R1 and I took a deep breath while he walked towards his doom, Mangog dead. A thing to note during the final phase Odin would usually heal you completely once during the first play through, but with the health valor bonus it only filled me up to about a full bar plus two mini bars, so you do still get a second chance, but it's not much compared to how hard the boss hits. I hope this helps anyone else, almost reminds me of GoW 3 on hardest, that was fun :D

you beat this on vlhalla?

L2 R2 combo whats that? oh nevermind u mean square square R2 (another way of doing that throw)

i can get to 3rd stage but he throws fire instead of mele attacking and i get hit :(

third stage kills me everytime damn it

Edited by DISCOKING

You should be getting extra health from Odin during the last fight, I went in with low health from the reflecting phase, but Odin brought me back up to a decent amount, there isn't a point where you're close to dying and the small window pops up with Odin then health runes come to you? As for the fire, I just dodge that completely, didn't even bother reflecting it, just kept throwing my spinning hammer throws at him to fill up the power surge gauge as fast as possible and if he jumps try to dash away because that's a heavy hitter, and with the strange hit box in this game you can dodge something and it would still hit you, had it happen with Ulik alot. That's pretty much how I did things, treated it like the first fight and stunned plus melee him when out of odin force

It is too late but I made a video for anyone that is having problems with this. I made it because there is a guy with a better quality video on youtube of him defeating Mangog but he doesn't say what he is doing, he just recorded himself beating the game.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VGLwrjlIZg]YouTube - Thor God of Thunder Mangog Valhallan Difficulty[/ame]

Again, sorry for the beeping lol.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

it's my second day trying to defeat mangog.

i've practised the 1st phase to such perfection i always go to the second phase with full health and mana and i could do that phase half asleep but when i get to the fireballs i'm seriously funked.

i tried being close to mangog's podium, mid range and as far as possible, i tried deflecting one small ball and dodging the rest until next series, i tried deflecting a few small balls in one series, i even tried to concetrate on deflecting only the big breath balls but the little ones keep chasing me so i can't get good safe deflect on the big ones. and what's most tragic 90% of time i die in there before i make it to phase 3 and if i do make it i have so little health left that i get killed by the first fireballs before i get close enough to the bastard to get into the swing of phase 1 tactic :2walls:

could anyone please give me a detailed system of HOW to dodge/reflect to bloody survive this part?

@shoe478 - your video is the only one out there with that boss fight on valhallan, it's a shame though both meters for thor and mangog are not visible cos i'd love to see how on earth you got to win after being hit by the fireballs so many times, especially during second phase :eek:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

this boss can be very easy if you know how to

the first phase is very plain

the second phase is the "hardest" but simple if you know the trick and the solution is thor hammer when a red orb is near your hammer it bright with a blue light or thunder and in this moment press l2 for reflect the ball, and avoid instantly some of the other a try to reflect the big one, i don't count the hit but I think 6 or 7 hit, when he came near you, grapple him and square 3 times and for do heavy damage r3+r2 this for the first time and the third time, the second you need to push square only,

the third phase is like the first with the variant of the orbs that mangog throws sometimes(avoid them if you have low energy)use the power of loki when the gauge is ready repeat 4 times and done