Thor: God of Thunder Collectible Guide

Throughout Thor: God of Thunder, there are certain types of collectibles for you to pick up, contributing to a number of trophies relating to upgrading Thor and completing all the Feats. You'll also find that picking up most of the health/Odinforce power-ups will make your playthrough easier.

Thanks to Shoe478 for providing video guides to compliment my text, and Sting7785 over on the sister site for writing their own Collectible Guide, which helped me find the last few I was missing myself, and for helping me work out which collectibles are only available on Hard or Hardest difficulties.

Mjolnir - Red - Collect 5 of these to increase Thor's total health

Valknut - Blue - Collect 5 of these to increase Thor's total Odinforce/mana

Lightning Bolt - Orange - Collect 2 of these to unlock a new colour for Thor's lightning

Rune Circle - Green - Collect 2 of these to unlock a new costume for Thor

Asgard - 8/8

Chapter 1 - Jotun Raid

Mjolnir - To the right of Sif after defeating the first waves of Frost Giants

Valknut - Behind you, right after you land after the first Mjolnir Leap

Lightning Bolt - To your right, halfway down the first corridor after getting the Wind Element

Mjolnir - Just before the second Mjolnir Leap, on your right

Mjolnir - Hard Only - After the Valor Runestone, on the left hand brazier

Valknut - When you land in the area with the Elite Iceborn, this is in a green crystal on your left as you turn around

Valknut - Hard Only - Under the front of the Gjallarhorn

Chapter 2 - Vengeance

Lightning Bolt - On your left as you enter Heimdall's Observatory

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKuTuysyHIo]YouTube - Thor: God of Thunder Asgard Collectibles 8 of 8[/ame]

Niflheim - 15/15

Mjolnir - As you leave the first cave and spy the Jotun, turn around and head around the side of the cave. Leap up the platforms and it will be at the top.

Chapter 3 - Best Served Cold

Valknut - After the fight with the Jotun horde, before heading into the cave, turn towards Ymir's face and smash the green crystals underneath it. Use the uncovered Mjolnir Leap point and this one is on the platform next to it.

Mjolnir - After fighting the huge horde of Jotun, head into the cave. Use your hammer to smash the ice crystals holding this collectible to the ceiling.

Mjolnir - In the cave where you first encounter the Jade Iceborn, just before the exit is an icicle pillar. Use your hammer throw, and climb the fallen pillar.

Lightning Bolt - When Ymir freezes the waterfall, smash it open and check the cave inside.

Valknut - After smashing Ymir's face with your Fury Meter, jump up the first ledge, then turn around and drop back down for this one.

Chapter 4 - The Spire

Valknut - Mjolnir Leap to where Loki was standing, then head to the right around the cave. You have to time your movements to avoid Ymir's breath, and use the alcoves to dodge it. You'll find this right at the end. (You can also do this after destroying the Spire, which makes it easier)

Valknut - Hard Only - When traversing the next river, there's a ledge on your right. Smash the green crystals here.

Rune Circle - After the Jade Turret and the Spike Walls, jump back down to the bottom of the cliff. Smash the spikes blocking your path back the way you came and chase the Rune Circle down the river. Use Mjolnir Dashes to catch it, since if it falls over the waterfall, you'll have to restart the checkpoint.

Valknut - After the Frost Giant boss and smashing the two Jade Turrets, use the ledges to the left and right of the turrets to reach the collectible.

Lightning Bolt - In the next hallway, make your way to the end door to stop the ice spikes, then return to the other end of the hallway and use the ledge on the right to reach this one.

Mjolnir - Almost at the top of the Storm Spire, you'll be pushed up in the air by a Jade Accelerator. To the right is some ice platforms that you can follow, and a ledge to climb. At the top should be this one.

Valknut - Inside one of the Jade Columns at the top of the Storm Spire.

Mjolnir - Hard Only - After smashing Ymir's face for the final time, instead of going into the room, go back to the save point on the opposite side of the bridge, and drop off to a ledge underneath to find this one nestled under the bridge.

Chapter 5 - Deep Freeze

Mjolnir - On the left hand side of the Cave of Ages, use the hidden ledge to launch yourself up to this one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id3FMQdUKug]YouTube - Thor God of Thunder Collectibles Only Niflheim 15/15[/ame]

Vanaheim - 15/15

Valknut - Behind you as soon as you land.

Chapter 6 - The Ruins

Mjolnir - In the first large room, as soon as you enter, drop down to your right and explore the side of the block you were just standing on. Behind some ferns is a passageway with this one.

Lightning Bolt - In the first large room, cross the broken bridge but instead of Mjolnir Leaping up, drop down and search the edges of the room.

Mjolnir - After Thor suggests maintenance to the machine, head into the next room and look in one of the trees. Hammer Throw the seed pod to get this collectible to drop.

Valknut - Hard Only - After seeing a Skraeling drop bombs on you, in the next area with the winding path, look down the cliff to your left and you will see a ledge you can jump from. Jump down here and this one is in a cave just beyond.

Valknut - Drop down after traversing a cliff and fight off one bad guy, and this should be in plain sight at the top of a rock.

Rune Circle - In the room with the power core is missing, search the walls for 4 red rune circles. Activate them all and then Mjolnir Leap back up to where you originally dropped down. Run around to one side, and a door will open with this collectible inside.

Valknut - In the room with the very long bridge, drop off to the left and head to the top corner for this one, protected by Swamp Weed.

Mjolnir - When you board the small boat after the Mire Giant fight, as soon as you are ambushed by Skraelings for the first time, jump off the boat and look to your left for a small opening. Go through here and leap across the poison gas for this one.

Chapter 7 - The River

Valknut - As soon as this chapter starts, this one is hanging in a tree to your left. Use Hammer Throw Mode to knock it down.

Mjolnir - During the River Barge ride, you'll bomb open a door with some mines. In the next area, you should see a blue tube above the exit door. Throw Mjolnir at it and this will drop into the water; you'll pick it up as you pass over it.

Valknut - After destroying the four mortars and returning to the riverside, knock down a nearby tree and this one will be at the end of it.

Lightning Bolt - After the second Mire Giant fight, use the lift to go up. At the top, jump over the lift to a small path with this one at the end.

Chapter 8 - Frostgrinder

Mjolnir - Can't miss this, in front of you, in a corridor with blue lasers either side.

Mjolnir - Hard Only - After hearing about Mangog and travelling up the elevator, turn around.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrAM6ITYm9M]YouTube - Thor: God of Thunder Vanaheim Collectibles Only 15/15[/ame]

Edited by Lemmerman
  • Like 1

Muspelheim - 15/15

Chapter 9 - Firestarter

Mjolnir - In the first room where you fight some Muspelheim foes, once they are all defeated an Infernal Ore Carrier will appear by the waterfall of lava. Smash it, and Mjolnir Leap across to pick this up.

Valknut - After the room with the first Runic Diagram door, you can't miss this floating in the background.

Lightning Bolt - In the room after this, you'll see a gap you have to jump over. Drop down instead to find this one.

Rune Circle- You'll come to another gap with Infernir throwing fireballs. Smash the rocks holding this one, which are to the right of the gap, and then drop down and pick this one up.

Valknut - After the first Flame Giver, go through the Runic Diagram door and look to your right to see this one.

Chapter 10 - The Mine

Mjolnir - At the point where you meet the Burning Scorchers, an Infernal Ore Carrier will descend holding this. Smash it, and pick up the collectible.

Valknut - You'll come to a point after smashing some drills where you have to smash 2 walls of rocks in a row. As you exit this short tunnel, turn right and climb up the wall; smash the lava plants at the top for this.

Mjolnir - At the next save point, to the right will be a tunnel full of flaming smoke. Use the Wind moves to remove it and this is at the end.

Chapter 11 - The Drill

Lightning Bolt - After Loki points out the shields, travel across 2 stone platforms, fighting monsters. On the second, use the ledges nearby to get up to the top of some stone columns. Use Hammer Throw mode to hit an Infernal Drill holding this one, then leap to the other side and pick it up.

Mjolnir - Hard Only - When you get the choice between going to the left or right when destroying the anchors, go to the left. On the next rock platform, you can find a small rock to the back which you can drop onto, and from there jump to another ledge holding this.

Valknut - Around the back of the rock that has a meteor storm. The platforms leading to this collectible tend to fall quickly, so make your way across very fast.

Valknut - As soon as you arrive in the area with the second anchor, head to the left away from the door that you start next to. Jump across some platforms in the lava, and this one is hidden behind some Infernal Geodes.

Valknut - Hard Only - After destroying the drill, as soon as you land, turn around and look down off the cliff to see this. Drop down and pick it up, there are ledges to help you return.

Chapter 12 - The Forge

Mjolnir - Where Thor and Loki have their conversation about knocking, jump up the rock on the left and this is in plain sight.

Valknut - After defeating Surtur and running back the way you came, in the room with the winding pathway and the large triangular tower, to your left as you approach the exit door in this room.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTb1PAw3GUo]YouTube - Thor: God of Thunder Muspelheim Collectibles Only 15/15[/ame]

Asgard Besieged - 11/11

Chapter 13 - Frozen Rainbow

Lightning Bolt - As soon as you've spoken to Loki, turn around and this will be on your right by the large doors.

Mjolnir - After the first fight and you've spoken to Loki, use the Mjolnir Leap point and look to your left in the next area for some green crystals on the wall. Smash them and this will drop to the floor.

Valknut - Open the Observatory to find Sif and Heimdall, but before going to speak to them, turn around and smash the green crystal on your right for this one.

Chapter 14 - Defense of Asgard

Mjolnir - In the Penthouse (the central area), at the far end of one of the outcrops, behind a pillar.

Lightning Bolt - In the Penthouse, at the far end of the opposite outcrop to the above, an Infernal Drill will appear. Reflect it's bolts back at it to blow it up and reveal this.

Rune Circle - In the area where you throw your hammer to repel the Jotun invaders, once the camera swings back to show you the Mjolnir point, head down the right side of the structure and this is there.

Valknut - Under the rock that you throw at the Drill Fleet.

Mjolnir - Hard Only - In front of the Gjallarhorn as you land.

Valknut - Under the Gjallarhorn when you return to defend it.

Valknut - In one corner during the fight with the Frost Giant.

Mjolnir - After stopping the Scabrite Bomb from detonating, this should be in front of you.

Chapter 15 - Mangog

None

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqMdSRsDn-8]YouTube - Thor: God of Thunder Asgard Besieged Collectibles Only 11/11[/ame]

Edited by Lemmerman
  • Thanks 1

Colour coding info is fine, but this may be a bit full on. The coding shouldn't make it hard to read. You could tone it down easily enough, see below:

Asgard - Missing 1

Chapter 1 - Jotun Raid

Mjolnir - To the right of Sif after defeating the first waves of Frost Giants

Valknut - Behind you, right after you land after the first Mjolnir Leap.

Lightning Bolt - To your right, halfway down the first corridor after getting the Wind Element

Mjolnir - Just before the second Mjolnir Leap, on your right

Mjolnir - After the Valor Runestone, on the left hand brazier

Valknut - Under the front of the Gjallarhorn

Also, you may want to use a darker green. Light green on a grey background is a killer visually:

to

Less is more lad. :)

Yo I think the one you are missing in the first level is right after the manual save part. Right when you leave that room to the left there is a see through orb and you can't get it unless your on hard. I'm pretty sure its the blue one.

If you want some help doing the collectibles guide let me know I didn't do any of the level in between the first in last but I got all of them in the last level but one.

Would a video guide be a waste of time on this? I made one for Asgard but it'll be like this with the annoying beeping in it. I have no idea where this beeping comes from, I guess it is the camera.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKuTuysyHIo]YouTube - Thor: God of Thunder Asgard Collectibles 8 of 8[/ame]

I don't know if you are trying to do this without help but someone has already posted a full list on xbox360achievements.org.

I didn't know this. There wasn't one here, and I don't frequent the sister site, so I wasn't aware.

Would a video guide be a waste of time on this? I made one for Asgard but it'll be like this with the annoying beeping in it. I have no idea where this beeping comes from, I guess it is the camera.

Sure, it can't hurt. Some people will respond better to the videos than my text, so if you want to make more videos, I'll gladly add them in to their respective sections.

In other news, on my Easy Playthrough today I managed to find all of the other collectibles that I missed during my Hard Playthrough, so the guide is now complete!

I just need to play through on Very Hard, picking up the last few collectibles I couldn't get on Easy, and Platinum is mine.

I know the sister site for X Box already has it, but it would be nice if the hard only collectibles were identified on here, I was going through my third time to clean up and found out some ones I missed were Hard only and were pretty much hidden XP

Just happy about one thing, the one Hard Only collectible is right in your face on the final level, going all the back there again in hard for a fourth play through would've sucked XP

Last 3:

Vanaheim:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrAM6ITYm9M]YouTube - Thor: God of Thunder Vanaheim Collectibles Only 15/15[/ame]

Muspelheim:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTb1PAw3GUo]YouTube - Thor: God of Thunder Muspelheim Collectibles Only 15/15[/ame]

Asgard Besieged:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqMdSRsDn-8]YouTube - Thor: God of Thunder Asgard Besieged Collectibles Only 11/11[/ame]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...