Rate the trophy difficulty...  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.32

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

game is pretty straight forward god of war/ darksiders type of game

beating it on easy is easy probably 2 or 3 outa 10

completing all the feats or challenges maybe a 5 or 6 outa 10 because you need to be aware of them save and not continue if u dont complete them just die. because their is no chapter select. missing a feat means another go around the block with thor. by the way don't worry about completing all the feats on your 1st playthrough since you need two playthroughs so if you finish a level with 27 out of 30 things killed no worries. pick up the last 3 on valhalla (very hard) difficulty. but then be aware of feats or you'll go around a 3rd time.

beating it on valhalla (very hard)difficulty probably 8-9 outa 10.

the actual levels not that hard. you die you pick up where you left off at a checkpoint no worries. but boss battles are OMG through the roof insanely hard. you die you go back to the start and many bosses have the 2-3 showdown wear him down phases. ugghhhh. on easy i just masshed buttons no worries bosses died and yeah i just stood there took there blows and traded them wi didn't even try to find their fight pattern. on valhalla difficulty stay away from the boss and you must find there pattern of attack a couple of hits kills you. yo ucan litteraly spend 3-5 hours just fighting the bosses until you finally beat one. i'm currently at the last boss mangog on valhalla difficulty. spent probly 2-3 hours on him so far, came close but died. tough tough trophy beating the game on hardest difficulty. and the last i need.

game is pretty straight forward god of war/ darksiders type of game

beating it on easy is easy probably 2 or 3 outa 10

completing all the feats or challenges maybe a 5 or 6 outa 10 because you need to be aware of them save and not continue if u dont complete them just die. because their is no chapter select. missing a feat means another go around the block with thor. by the way don't worry about completing all the feats on your 1st playthrough since you need two playthroughs so if you finish a level with 27 out of 30 things killed no worries. pick up the last 3 on valhalla (very hard) difficulty. but then be aware of feats or you'll go around a 3rd time.

beating it on valhalla (very hard)difficulty probably 8-9 outa 10.

the actual levels not that hard. you die you pick up where you left off at a checkpoint no worries. but boss battles are OMG through the roof insanely hard. you die you go back to the start and many bosses have the 2-3 showdown wear him down phases. ugghhhh. on easy i just masshed buttons no worries bosses died and yeah i just stood there took there blows and traded them wi didn't even try to find their fight pattern. on valhalla difficulty stay away from the boss and you must find there pattern of attack a couple of hits kills you. yo ucan litteraly spend 3-5 hours just fighting the bosses until you finally beat one. i'm currently at the last boss mangog on valhalla difficulty. spent probly 2-3 hours on him so far, came close but died. tough tough trophy beating the game on hardest difficulty. and the last i need.

i aggree with u 100%

it took me 6-8 hours to beat mangog on valhalla

Edited by bizarro10111

I give it a 6, hardest isn't too bad once you know what you're doing and how to take down bosses fast. R3 hammer throws are such a cheap, but effective way to knock down a boss' bar and will pretty much get you through most fights. A fully maxed out Thor can devastate most regular fights with a charged elemental strike on Vahallan. As for feats, not too bad, some may take a few attempts, but none are impossible if you keep practicing. The extra trophies that deal with time and speed are not too bad, on easy they can be done pretty easily. Some collectibles are a bit tricky to find and I highly suggest following the guide on your Vahallan play through because you will find some Hard Only ones in well hidden spots and missing them can really suck when your cleaning up on easy, I did normal my first time. To be honest I think the first play through was harder than Vahallan because you have to learn and counter each boss with the low odin force you have during the first lap. Valor is easy to get and max out in at least one and half playthroughs, just be sure to get the green section filled on your first play through to get the increased health and odin force in your next play through. Going back for one or two trophies might be alittle time consuming, but you can probably blow through the game another time if needed. It's a fun game, not exactly as easy as some games, but like all games you just have to learn and practice to take down the AI

I'd give it a 5, at most. The hardest playthrough I had was my first, since I had very little Odinforce, and didn't know any of the tricks for the bosses. After that, it took me a day to replay on Easy and mop up the trophies I didn't have, and then another day for Valhallan difficulty. Once you've gotten the bosses down pat, you can do this very quickly.

• 3 months later...

Is between 5 and 6 for me but I gave it a 5. For me the hardest part of the game is not the bosses fight but the damn "defending the drills near the end of the game". I gotten my moral up to 100% just to try and beat it but still failed after 2hrs. Finally I found out that you don't need to fight the enemies but just aimed throw them like the drills. It was so easy that I wanted to kill myself for trying so hard to fight instead of aim throwing ;) The bosses fight only take a few tries. The feats and chapters related trophies are what you really need to look out for. I missed a trophy during my easy playthru and can't get it to unlock on the Valhalla playthru so have to play another playthru up to that part. Overall I did enjoy the game not sure why I got so many ppl msg'ing me about "how's the game or how bad the game was".

Finally got the platinum, and thank god i'm done with this game.

I give this game a 5, this game was beyond frustrating, the insane hit ratio is BS and wonky controls made this even harder.. and the fact that you have no chapter select thats just :mad:. oh and sometimes the game decide to kill you even though you are far away from the enemy. (at the fight with Mangog i only had to throw my hammer to kill him then the game decide to kill me when i'm standing very close to the end and he did nothing.)

the feats are easy if you keep track of them on each level, some of the collectibles are very well hidden and hard to find without a guide i did 3 playtroughs of Vanaheim and i still missed 3 and had to use the guide.

I actually found medium difficulty harder than Vahallan, in closing i have a very special place SEGA can put this game.

• 4 weeks later...

After beating mangog finally id have to give this game a 4.....I would like to rate it higher but the only two fights i had trouble with were mangog and ulik.....and both of them are actually easy after you get there patterns down.....The part that pissed me off was having to play through a 3rd time cuz the damn game glitched on me....I got all the collectibles and feats done but for some reason the stupid lightning colors froze on lock for me and only way to fix was to delete game data and make sure they unlocked as i went...oh well its done now and i am glad this game is annoying at times

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Holy Buttmunch, this game was glitchy and typically easy up until Mangog on Valhallan. His fireball blasts are super annoying and cheap. On his second stage if I got hit by one I usually proceeded to get by about 2 more, quickly whittling away all of the health that I had stored up from his first pathetic stage. Thanks to shoe and others for posting their Mangog strategies I finally got my plat. This game gets a 7 based mostly on Manny McGoggy.

• 2 months later...

Guys!!

I need Your help,

Can anyone explain me what i must do to complet the feast in second world: Niflheim Feats called: "Extinguish 5 Frostfire Clouds" ?!?!? I don`t know what that mean :-( and what i must to do to complete this.. Please give me a hand tip with this.. :-(

Sorry for the language mistakes - but english isn`t my first :-)

Peace:)

• 4 weeks later...

At it's worst this game is a 4, the difficulty comes only from not knowing how to approach certain situations or enemies, but once you figure out what to do, the difficulty drops immensely, and after you fully upgrade your odinforce and the hammer throw, the difficulty is almost non-existent. If it had chapter select, I would have rated this a 3.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just finished it. Mangog is a dirty b***ard, but that aside, eveything else wasn't too bad. There were a lot of feats to do, to the point where you may start off a bit overwhelmed, but 2 playthroughs should be enough to get all of them. I give it a 6 out of 10 on difficulty. Overall, I didn't hate this game anywhere near as much as I thought I would despite the horrible jumping mechanics and strange selective control delays.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3/10

the game is very easy, and the opposite of beautiful, i really want to know why they create a game like this, the I.A is very low, the enemy on valhalla drain your life in no time, boss battle are chaos and camera dont help, what else thor look and moves like a robot and after you unlock the r3+ r2 or l2+r2 the game became very boring

never again a game like this

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Going with a 7 on this one, Valhallan was quite difficult and the mechanics of the game are a little wonky. Mangog was one of the hardest bosses I've seen in a game, you need a little luck and a little skill at the end. And I ended up having to do 2.5 playthroughs as there are not many spore pods in Vanaheim, so I only had 17 through 2 playthroughs. Use a guide to find the collectibles and that should help out too.