Easy but great atmosphere?

woodman_76

Well, I played this dlc from the start to the end, I finished it. I have to say... fun!

It's not surely challenging like The Secret Armoury of General Knoxx, but it surely has a great atmosphere, like an old B serie horror movie. Good, fun to play with some good humour.

Worth of his price.

Did you liked this DLC?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I liked it well enough. Loved the whole zombie horror atmosphere as well. And even though you had to kill A LOT of zombies it seemed like I never got sick of it, just wished they would have appeared more quickly. Still loved it though!
Amen. Popping heads with ma shotgun was good stuff :) Made a nice break from writing my essay on zombie films :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm the odd one out here. I just started playing this today and so far I've been more aggravated at this one area than I have in the rest of the game. For starters I went to the edge of a short cliff and could see the area I needed to be at just below me, I jumped off the edge and while in the air my character is suddenly warped to the New-U station at the cost of $24,000. I've made jumps from far higher edges in the core game and never died doing so, this is worse than a invisible wall. Next we have the zombies, or should I say zombies on speed. These things move way too fast and then they added a spitting zombie that if it hit's you with it's spit, you slow down considerably, so what were left with is fast zombies and slow humans, this is frustrating as hell. Then to make it worse zombies seem to come in groups of 12 or more and each group spawn about 20 feet from the previous group. I swear I killed a hundred zombies just trying to get to the Pumpkin Head guy from the start of the area where the Pumpkin Head is. Lastly as someone stated above, the Blodwings were annoying as well. I don't think there were that many Rakks at once in the core game (except for maybe the boss fight with Rakk Hive).

Edit: Oh I forgot, I found the Hank Reiss Echo #4 and as it played the sound was drowned out by the sounds of the claptrap not being about to keep it's trap shut, and the speaker system of a female voice blabbing on about something that is not even important to the game. Why can't they figure out how to pause the rest of the environment while playing recordings during those types of missions?

Edited by jedi1josh

• 3 weeks later...

i liked this dlc the only thing that upset me was the braaaaaains missions..i beat every mission waiting to find it only to find out its somewhere i hadnt gone yet. i wish they wouldve put tk somewhere earlier on or at least let you keep the brains you got before you found the mission

• 1 month later...
Turns out zombies don't like fire. Hellfire SMG FTW.

I had to scrounge up a magnum to pull off all the head shots for the brains. My Hellfire just incinerated them no matter where I hit.

Right On, I ran with the Hellfire as well. Alternated with a Crux shotty for headshots, just aimed high. Lets face it - exploding zombie face is just fun for the whole family. DLC was great. Way toooooooooo short though.

• 1 month later...

Found the DLC rather boring actually :\ Just completed the DLC. The only thing I've left is 250 brains.

I had some framerate drops.. Well, some.. Became pretty bad at the end actually. Also, whoever came up with the idea of those spitter zombies that slow you down for 10 seconds, fire him please. Damn annoying >_<