What's up with the constant freezing/stuttering?

MrTroll

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in episode 2 the freezing and stuttering were indeed worse!!!!

sometimes I thought my PS3 had frozen!!!

Have you replaced your PS3 hard disk? I´ve heard that if you replace your HD with a low quality one, freezing and stuttering issues appear.

At least for me i have played episodes 1 and 2 flawlessly, no lag or freezing at all

Have you replaced your PS3 hard disk? I´ve heard that if you replace your HD with a low quality one, freezing and stuttering issues appear.

At least for me i have played episodes 1 and 2 flawlessly, no lag or freezing at all

yes, but with a normal quality one, I think it was a Toshiba. Besides this has been the only game I had had any trouble. And I think there are games out there more demanding than this one!

Really annoying that freezing. I just start to play it and I'm getting a lot of them while loading new options during the gameplay.

And, I never got any HDD replacement, also don't have such issue in other games. Really sucks.

I don't think my replacement drive is great quality at all (bought by emergency when my original crashed on my pre-owned console), yet I never had any issues of note. IIRC, I had one little hiccup during a dialog in the middle of chapter 2, but no other problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a few stuttering issues (only like a second or two long) in the second episode, and a couple longer ones in the third. I think it is the game going through all the choices you made during previous, even in conversations.

I read an article before Episode 2 came out (tried to find it, but no clue where it was), that said the game takes into consideration not just your actions, but your conversations. The game tracks how members of the group feel towards Lee, which is determined by those messages after conversations like "Lilly appreciates your honesty".

The game goes through this at certain points, because it can effect things in subtle ways.

For example, Kenny will react differently inside the pharmacy at the beginning of Episode 3 depending on how much you sided with him or pissed him off. If he is mad at you, you will have to do a second quick time event at one point, as he will be a bit slow to react. Not sure if you do a second quick time no matter what, though, just using this as an example. If anyone knows they have Kenny on their side and still does 2 quick time events

[spoiler=kenny]when leaving the pharmacy, and the walkers come in and the door is pushed on you

let me know, as I am curious about this.

It might mean the difference between one person helping you or someone else, or someone you were honest with taking your side during a conversation with the group.

Since the game is remembering all of these decisions and tracking the affinity members of the group have towards you, it can make things stutter a bit. And, the more people in your group, the more things it has to track.

Not sure how accurate this is, as I can't find the article to re-read it, but it does track with what Telltale was saying about the game before the first episode came out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Strange how for me the first two had no problems what soever, but 3 and 4 had some stuttering and 4 had one point i needed to exit out so the buttons would work and i could respond.

I guess its all relative. I found Episode 4 to be the least glitchy. A few lags when the game was adapting to my choices, but overall a well paced playthrough for the episode. Chapt. 3 was the worst with a glitch that showed up for most of the US players that bought and played it on day of release, but the glitch was fixed on the second day if I remember correctly and wasn't around for the UK release the next week. Still glitchy enough afterwards though, IMO

• 1 month later...
Strange how for me the first two had no problems what soever, but 3 and 4 had some stuttering and 4 had one point i needed to exit out so the buttons would work and i could respond.

It seems to do that every once in a while - it pauses. loads and starts back up. To me it seems to happen when I die during a quick time event (ep 4).

So far I haven't had to restart PS3 or anything - just waiting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...