Stunning.

kiwidust

I must admit that I waited for the price to go down (it's been a bad coupla years for our bank account) but this is an absolutely stunning game - totally worth the original $15 price and a freakin' steal at the deeply discounted current price.

Like "Flower" or even "Minecraft" the basic mechanic is so damn compelling that you spend a significant amount of time just playing with it and grinning like an idiot. Unlike those games, however, there's a deeply intriguing (if not completely serious) story as well that adds a wonderful emotional kick to the proceedings.

A masterpiece.

My only two minor complaints are 1) I wasn't a huge fan of the "build" mechanic (it felt out of place to me - more inanimate than organic; more pencil than paintbrush) and 2) I would have loved to see some kind of "playground" (quite possibly procedurally generated) where you can just play with paint.

Lastly I definitely also see a missed opportunity for multi-player. Imagine how much fun a game of "tag" would be in a procedurally generated maze where one player is "black", shooting white paint and the other is "white" shooting black paint.

• 4 weeks later...
Lastly I definitely also see a missed opportunity for multi-player. Imagine how much fun a game of "tag" would be in a procedurally generated maze where one player is "black", shooting white paint and the other is "white" shooting black paint.

Oh. My. God. We could have seriously been playing this: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmkxsQnNujI]Samurai Jack vs the Shinobi Shadow Warrior - YouTube[/ame]

If this doesn't scream sequel or DLC, I don't know what does.