Worth getting?

Dark_Knight_4u

This game has its moments. The beginning, the night level, and the ending come to mind. Some of the sceneries, like the maze when seen from above, are also breathtaking. The painting thing is a delight but the game also puts a stop to it pretty quickly by becoming a puzzle platformer after the first level. I also found the second level to be too long. I noticed I got bored of it once or twice.

On an emotional level this doesn't compare to Journey, although the ending narrative compared with the music makes for a powerful experience. It is unlikely that you'll shed a tear, though. If you want to support art games, then get this now. Otherwise it's probably not worth 15 monetary units, like Varkovsky suggested.

There's not even 4 hours of content here. It's more like 2, maybe 4 if you factor in the extra time needed to collect all the balloons and do the other stuff needed for the trophies. It's enjoyable enough, but nothing I haven't seen before. The painting stuff is just window dressing; the gameplay is standard 3D platforming with some light puzzle elements.

There's not even 4 hours of content here. It's more like 2, maybe 4 if you factor in the extra time needed to collect all the balloons and do the other stuff needed for the trophies. It's enjoyable enough, but nothing I haven't seen before. The painting stuff is just window dressing; the gameplay is standard 3D platforming with some light puzzle elements.

It's an adventure game. smh... platforming... having jumping =/= 3D platforming.

@OP: Don't bother. You clearly don't care much for it if you have to ask, so just wait or don't ever play it. This kind of game you have to go into with the right set of mind to see the value. If you're just going to play through it to play through it and add to your trophy count then there's not much point.

Edited by Elvick

Okay so I want to know if this game is even worth getting at all? It seems like a big let down with less than 4 hours of play time and few trophies. $15 is a high price point for such little game play.

I'm still not sure if its worth getting. Any thoughts?

Well I enjoyed the game but I will agree with others about the price being way too high for a game with no replay value besides collecting the balloons, toys, etc. However if you have a job and can afford it then by all means download it to support the devs but if you have no source of income then wait for a price drop if possible. If someone asked which game to buy between journey and unfinished swan, journey would be the game to spend $15

It's an adventure game. smh... platforming... having jumping =/= 3D platforming.

@OP: Don't bother. You clearly don't care much for it if you have to ask, so just wait or don't ever play it. This kind of game you have to go into with the right set of mind to see the value. If you're just going to play through it to play through it and add to your trophy count then there's not much point.

This is rather a rude response.

I dont have this game and I was wondering if this game was worth the buy myself. That automatically means I dont care and I should go play something else?

Anyway, I have money to spend on my PSN walet so I'll probably get it when I feel up to it.

It's a cute game. It's a fun little experiment at something different. Would I say you get 15 bucks of enjoyment out of it? Maybe. I have someone to share games with, so they watched me play (after playing themselves). It is brief, but you can screw around a lot if you want. It's too bad there's no final balloon challenge after you unlock the sniper rifle. Ah, oh well.

If you're looking to cut your teeth on something, then no - this is not something to go for. It's just a relaxing and pleasant game. And at most, it takes four hours.

You know, the game is short - that much is true - and should have cost 10$. However, if people are paying 60$ for something as mediocre and uninspiring as Call of Duty or Resident Evil 6, then I say they should find an extra 5$ for a truly emotional, unique and innovative adventure. Plus it's compaign is nearly as long as the compaign of aforementioned CoD =D

• 4 weeks later...
You know, the game is short - that much is true - and should have cost 10$. However, if people are paying 60$ for something as mediocre and uninspiring as Call of Duty or Resident Evil 6, then I say they should find an extra 5$ for a truly emotional, unique and innovative adventure. Plus it's compaign is nearly as long as the compaign of aforementioned CoD =D

I couldn't agree more. It might be short but I'm all for a unique experience.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just 100% the game, and I must say it's worth every penny, and I hope the developers create more beauties like this in the future. Such a fun title to play, truely a hidden gem.

I too just 100% this after buying on the first week of release and its worth every penny and MORE! just like Journey. Truly an amazing game. Hope 2013 brings us more tittles like this one and not the same boring bullshit :mad:

• 4 weeks later...
Well, it's $3.75 now in the "13 for '13" sale for PS+ members, so I think I'm going to take a chance on it... and I've heard nothing but good things.

I didnt even know about this until you posted. I started downloading it immediately. For $3.75 for a short game...you cant beat that.

Hopefully you guys that bought the game under $4 are enjoying the experience just as much as us "early birds" that bought the when it was $15.

I still need to get off my lazy ass and download The Unfinished Swan... been having too much fun playing Hot Shots Golf with both of my brothers, since it only cost me $6.25 to download that yesterday.

Oh, the joys of having a PS+ subscription... :applause: