The Unfinished Swan Roadmap + Trophy Guide

maddester

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

Overview

• Estimated trophy difficulty: Trophy Difficulty Rating (2/10 personal rating)

• Breakdown: 10 trophies (7 (B)/1 (S)/ 2 (G))

• Offline trophies: 10

• Online trophies: 0

• Approximate amount of time to 100%: 1-3 hours

• Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

• Number of missable trophies: None

• Glitched trophies: None

• Do cheat codes disable trophies: No cheats available

• Does difficulty affect trophies: No difficulty settings available

• Accessories: PS Move and Nav controller are optional

Copyright/Rights of Use

All videos in this guide have been created, and been used with permission, by TheDisturbedG1, unless otherwise noted. This guide may not be re-produced outside of PS3Trophies.org without written permission by maddester. If given permission to use any information from the guide, please supply proper credits to its original author.

Introduction

The Unfinished Swan is an unique first person view game. It follows a young boy by the name of Monroe as he journeys to find a painting that was his mother’s personal favorite, the unfinished swan. With only a magical paintbrush in hand, that has the ability to fire paintballs, he sets out on the journey, learns about the life of a king in the strange world, and brings it to life.

With stage selection, the trophies in The Unfinished Swan can be attained in one playthrough, so you can always return to any level you want if you missed a balloon or storybook page. In the end, you will need to gather all the balloons in order to unlock a sniper which is necessary to unlock 2 trophies, and ultimately 100% the game.

Roadmap Walkthrough

Step 1: Complete the game, find the storybook pages, and the hidden trophy.

This game is easy to complete. There are no enemies to fight, and the stages are very straightforward on what is needed to be done. Chapter 3 can be difficult because of how dark the stages within the chapter can get. You will obtain the Painter, Climber, Night Owl, and Dreamer trophies. As for the storybook pages, there is at least 1 storybook page per stage, and they’re usually easy to find. Refer to the Page Turner trophy to find a guide/video on the locations to all storybook pages. As for the hidden trophy Telescopic, refer to the trophy guide for more information on how to get it. You can do step 2 alongside with this step.

Step 2: Return to each stage to find balloons and do Minimalist.

The majority of the stages in game have at least 1 balloon, and the majority of the balloons can be found easily. Refer to the Balloonist trophy to find a guide/video on the locations of all balloons. As for the Minimalist trophy, refer to the trophy guide to find a video and learn some tips and tricks to achieve the trophy.

Step 3: Clean up and acquiring the Rocketeer and Spaceman.

If you miss the hidden trophy, any balloons, and any storybook pages, now would be a good time to go take care of them. Ultimately, acquiring all of the balloons will make getting the Rocketeer and Spaceman trophies a whole lot easier.

Trophy Guide

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o776/cvh989/painter_zpsf331a92f.jpgPainter (B)

Finish the Garden chapter.

This is story related and cannot be missed. See “Dreamer” for more info.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o776/cvh989/climber_zpsd4b673fa.jpgClimber (B)

Finish the Unfinished Empire chapter.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o776/cvh989/nightowl_zps1e717825.jpgNight Owl (B)

Finish the Nighttime chapter.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o776/cvh989/dreamer_zpsf09aa791.jpgDreamer (B)

Finish the King’s Dream chapter.

This is story related and cannot be missed. The stages within each chapter have their own theme to them. You start out by painting the path that leads you to the castle, to growing vines to help you climb, being in complete darkness, and creating your own platforms to climb higher into a tower. The Nighttime chapter can be a bit difficult because of being in complete darkness, but otherwise the game is very straightforward and can be completed in one sit down session.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o776/cvh989/rocketeer_zps17123653.jpgRocketeer (B)

Launch a blueprint box 15 meters high.

See Spaceman.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o776/cvh989/spaceman_zps3c69758c.jpgSpaceman (B)

Launch a blueprint box 30 meters high.

To acquire both Rocketeer and Spaceman at the same time it is best that you complete the game and collect of the balloons so you can unlock the “Pickup Blueprint Boxes” and “Sniper Rifle” in the Toys menu. After unlocking the two items, select the stage “Home” under chapter 3, make a small blueprint box and pick it up with :square:. Then look straight up and press :triangle: to activate the sniper rifle, and then press :square: to drop the box and immediately press either :l1: :l2: :r1: :r2: to fire a paintball at the box and watch it go flying like a rocket. If you are playing on a PS Move, pick up and drop is :square:, sniper rifle is :triangle:, and shooting a paintball is :move:.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o776/cvh989/balloonist_zps2d9190bb.jpgBalloonist (G)

Release all balloons.

You must find and hit all 64 balloons with a paintball. To make the balloons easier to find, you can purchase the balloon radar in the Toys menu at the cost of 3 balloons. If you are still having problems finding balloons, TheDisturbedG1 videos can lead the way for you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEO6KwFVW1M&feature=plcp]The Unfinished Swan - Balloonist Trophy Guide (Chapter 1) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7_8-K6Smj4&feature=plcp]The Unfinished Swan - Balloonist Trophy Guide Chapter 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGFxQTdza4s&feature=plcp]The Unfinished Swan - Balloonist Trophy Guide Chapter 3 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wegUt9MMTE&feature=plcp]The Unfinished Swan - Balloonist Trophy Guide Chapter 4 - YouTube[/ame]

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o776/cvh989/pageturner_zpsdb727e3c.jpgPage Turner (S)

Reveal every storybook page in the game.

There are a total of 19 storybook pages scattered throughout the game. Throughout the game, you will find golden letters that will pop out on any wall or ground. When you find a golden letter, all you have to do is shoot a paintball at the letter and a storybook page will magically appear and it give you a back story about the game. You can find the majority of the pages really easy. The following information will tell you how many pages are in each stage. Note: there are no pages to be found in the King's Dream chapter.

The Statue Garden (1)

The Watchtower (1)

The First Castle (2)

The Empty City (2)

Scaffolding (1)*

New Growth (0)*

The Palace (1)

The Seawall (2)

The Belltower (2)

The Woods (0)

The River (2)

Home (1)

The Nursery (2)

The King’s Monument (2)

*If you miss the page that is in Scaffolding, you can still acquire it in New Growth.*

If you are struggling trying to find a storybook page, TheDisturbedG1 videos can lead the way for you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6bckmK8uBM&feature=plcp]The Unfinished Swan - Page Turner Trophy Guide - YouTube[/ame]

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o776/cvh989/minimalist_zps5b7a6180.jpgMinimalist (G)

Reach the Watchtower without throwing more than 3 balls.

This is the only challenging trophy in the game as you are going to be walking around blindly in the white space without having to throw no more than 3 paintballs, and is only achievable in the stage called "The Secret Garden" in chapter 1. The only things you can only rely on to successfully reach the Watchtower stage are the surrounding sounds you’ll hear especially with your feet, the swan footprints on the ground, and various gold objects to use as landmarks. The trophy will unlock right before the game shows “The Watchtower” writing when you reach its stage. For more tips and tricks, refer to TheDisturbedG1's video below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxE2gwqq3ho&feature=plcp]The Unfinished Swan - Minimalist Trophy Guide - YouTube[/ame]

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o776/cvh989/telescopic_zps2c97bef1.jpgTelescopic (H) (B)

Look at the sleeping King.

Select the stage “The Seawall” in chapter 2, and head to the right once the stage starts up. Climb up the stairs until you reach a telescope and press :square: to look into it. Zoom in by doing :rsup:, or :lsup: if you are playing on the PS Move, until you can see right into the monument’s eye and see the King sleeping.

Edited by Terminator
Added a link to the stickied guide.

Looking really good if you ask me. What I would also include is some kind of a step-by-step guide for Minimalist. The trophy's not hard when you know what to do because knowing what you have to do is pretty much all there is to it. You don't even have to turn around an inch to reach the first set of swan footsteps, which means it's all about using the left stick up to that point - something you can easily convey to other players too.

Edited by dzeidzei
Grammar

Looking really good if you ask me. What I would also include is some kind of a step-by-step guide for Minimalist. The trophy's not hard when you know what to do because knowing what you have to do is pretty much all there is to it. You don't even have to turn around an inch to reach the first set of swan footsteps, which means it's all about using the left stick up to that point - something you can easily convey to other players too.

I totally understand what you mean, I'm just debating with myself if I want to make a step-by-step guide myself, or just use DisturbedCreations02's Minimalist video since he does the step-by-step progress of doing it before showing his attempt of achieving the trophy.

As for Minimalist. Just freaking awesome trophy!

First part till the lake with eyes closed and just listening. Awesome feeling. Sort of...

Anyway as for DisturbedCreations02 walkthru. Three things.

First of all from the beginning you do not have to go

forward-left-back-left-little right-back

to get to the garden.

left-back-left-little right-back

is enough as You are next to left wall in the beginning.

Second of all. After a wooden 'pier' (sorry don't know how to name it), on the lake. After You hit the wall do not try to left to stop and right to get back then forward etc... You will get lost. Just hold left/up. You will sliiide the wall until the stairs ends and then go to the next level of the stairs. After a longer time of sliiiding ;) just hold up to go to the wall and right to see the crown.

And the last part between the unicorn and the meat. Go to the meat and position yourself like that:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7168/swanzg.jpg

That the golden thingie fits something like that on screen. Then shoot the ball. It should land between or on the right staircase. Then go to it turn back and do the same thing as on the video.

That's all. Really easy.

I thought the worst part will be going around the kings statue but after a first drop down :D I was careful after first way up and after I thought I was on the top went a little forward and then just circle around with right/down. There is no other hole to drop down.

And for closure. Go thru that level with paint trying to position yourself the best way possible. And use D-Pad down to erase your activity ;)

I went thru that level once before finishing this with only one shot :)

And I cannot get the Page Turner. Without guide I don't know what I'm looking for. I'm starting to messing up counting from nighttime stage. I don't know which page counts for which level.

Edited by rospondek

As for Minimalist. Just freaking awesome trophy!

First part till the lake with eyes closed and just listening. Awesome feeling. Sort of...

Anyway as for DisturbedCreations02 walkthru. Three things.

First of all from the beginning you do not have to go

forward-left-back-left-little right-back

to get to the garden.

left-back-left-little right-back

is enough as You are next to left wall in the beginning.

Second of all. After a wooden 'pier' (sorry don't know how to name it), on the lake. After You hit the wall do not try to left to stop and right to get back then forward etc... You will get lost. Just hold left/up. You will sliiide the wall until the stairs ends and then go to the next level of the stairs. After a longer time of sliiiding ;) just hold up to go to the wall and right to see the crown.

And the last part between the unicorn and the meat. Go to the meat and position yourself like that:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7168/swanzg.jpg

That the golden thingie fits something like that on screen. Then shoot the ball. It should land between or on the right staircase. Then go to it turn back and do the same thing as on the video.

That's all. Really easy.

I thought the worst part will be going around the kings statue but after a first drop down :D I was careful after first way up and after I thought I was on the top went a little forward and then just circle around with right/down. There is no other hole to drop down.

And for closure. Go thru that level with paint trying to position yourself the best way possible. And use D-Pad down to erase your activity ;)

I went thru that level once before finishing this with only one shot :)

And I cannot get the Page Turner. Without guide I don't know what I'm looking for. I'm starting to messing up counting from nighttime stage. I don't know which page counts for which level.

Well I got every trophy except this and I will probably never be able to unlock it since I'm deaf lol. Hopefully someone will put up a Video using 3 shots or something till the watchtower. Still a fun game to experience and I wish it was longer!

You can still get it by using time. Just walk in every direction for 30 seconds. That will assure You that You get to the wall :p

I just spent a good hour trying to do the 30 seconds via every directions a few mine ago with no luck yet :(

Farthest I can get is to the point where I spot the gold king statue in the middle and this is past the lake/pond area.

Oh well, will try again tomorrow

So the worst part is done ;)

Now just use golden marks to get to the needed areas. First garden is to have a crown in the center and get to the left to the way up. There is one tough thing on the beginning when you can fall down but just try couple of times and you should pass this. Then just right/down till you get to the roof area. You will see by the crown that you stopped moving. Jump with analog down (still looking at the crown) and get to the last part.

Then head straight and a little left to the unicorn horn. After that use my image to position yourself and fire once. Head up the staircase (a little confusing as it is a little twisted but once you will see a story page on top you will know which way to go) and you're done :)

Edited by rospondek

Thank you, I was waiting for a way to get those throwing ones.

I just spent a good hour trying to do the 30 seconds via every directions a few mine ago with no luck yet :(

Farthest I can get is to the point where I spot the gold king statue in the middle and this is past the lake/pond area.

Oh well, will try again tomorrow

Keep working on it. If you can make it that far, you should be okay. Just walk toward the king statue, go behind it to see the duck feet through the gate. Turn around and look at the king statue, go to the right corner and turn your back to what is the wall to your right (the gate you can see through with the swan/duck statue's gold will be to your left after turning). Then move right, watching the king statue as you go up the ramp. Move forward a little when you see that you're not longer rising. Move right some more.

You may fall a few times before figuring out the layout of the ramps there because if you go too far right on the first you one fall off and I almost got stuck down there a few times, but once you make it up top you just go straight if the statue is to your left, right if you're facing the statue and you'll see some foot prints from the swan up there.

Stumble through the path which is basically straight, that is when I started to need my paint. Got stuck jumping and moving forward with no visible progress and didn't want to fall. (couldn't remember what was actually up there since I didn't run through before doing it)

If you can get through the white spot without sound, you should definitely be able to do it with some visual markers there. Although few and sometimes small, they help a lot.

Another thing to do is to go through normally it to really get used to the layout of the level. Then try it blind. That's an obvious one though.

Edited by Elvick

Thanks for the guide!

Only need the 'Page Turner' trophy now.

I must have missed a page somewhere (or maybe more)

but no way to find out where.. geez.

If someone has the time to screenshot the pages that could be a big help

as I will remember which one I read (listened to).

For now I will replay the game, hope I don't miss them again :think:

Quick update: DisturbedCreations02 has just finished and uploaded the Page Turner video, and has now been added into the trophy guide. So everything is practically done, I just need to ask someone on the guide team some questions, and come to a final conclusion if I want to include DisturbedCreations02's video for the Minimalist trophy, or use the tips that rospondek provided for the mentioned trophy.

EDIT: I came to a conclusion to use the Minimalist video.

Edited by maddester

Guide looks pretty neat, maybe you can add the trophy images?

Will start playing this one later today.

I did have the trophy images on there, but they were in a private album so only I could see them. I have made the album public so now everyone should see them... hopefully.