I really liked this game

The game is probably attractive to a relatively small audience, but if you enjoy the crime/mystery theme and puzzle solving, I would recommend this game. It's a steal for $10.

The two biggest issues I have are the wonky 3rd person movement and Watson's rather poor voice acting. Other than that, I'd gladly play a game like this again. I'll definitely be buying the PS4 Sherlock coming out in a couple months.

• 7 months later...

Agreed.

I picked this up after thoroughly enjoying Crimes and Punishments.

Not quite as good as C&P. Camera annoys me endlessly (I hate when 'invert camera' does both X+Y at the same time, so you wind up having to pick the lesser of two evils), and Watson's voice acting is strangely hammy (the rest of the voices are really good).

Think I found it easy to miss clues due to the camera, so I regrettably wind up spamming the L2 sixth sense when I get stuck unable to leave an area because I missed one thing.

It's odd because C&P does a better job of making it clear when you've found everything, but Testament literally locks you in an area until you figure it out. Was particularly annoying in Whitechapel, as the camera kept cutting off the box next to the soup guy. So I spent 30 minutes wandering the area before the sixth sense finally picked it up.

Just finished the game and have to say C&P is far, far better.

Found Testament just got too convoluted. There's a scene late in the game where Holmes reveals what's been happening, and there is just no way you'd have picked it. C&P gave you all the clues you needed to work it out yourself, but Testament just feels like it would throw in completely random and new elements that hadn't even been mentioned up until that point.

The puzzles were great, but just wasn't into the story for this one.

And those kids in the attic. What on earth is going on there? Like an even creepier version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. So odd.

• 4 months later...

I really liked this game too. I never played any game from the series, and when I got crimes and punishments from ps plus, I got sucked into the great story. And the story of the testament is even better. It's not a typical point & click game and the puzzles aren't that hard, but it's definitelly worth trying. Especially that now it's on sale, I bought it for equivalent of 6-7$

• 2 weeks later...

Like pootas I also picked this up at the recent sale, for like 5$. I've already played Crimes & Punishments from PS+ and I did enjoy that one. I just started on Testament yesterday, and I have to admit, I'm enjoying Testament slightly more, due to the fact that C&P has more missable trophies and is tougher to 100% without guide. So far, in Testament I haven't had to consult a guide yet (I'm probably a third through the game). I just wanna play, and not having to bother with too many missable factors. And as such, Testament does a better job. At least in my eyes.

• 1 year later...