Am I stuck?

So I'm at the part where Holmes goes to Farley's office, and I need to get into the filing cabinet. I can open the DEF cabinet, but everytime I open it, Holmes says he needs to find out which one was consulted last, and automatically closes it.

I thought this had something to do with the deduction board, so I tried to do that, and...the filing cabinet area is greyed out, so I can't do that.

Please note, I have examined EVERYTHING else in the office, it's just Holmes won't keep the damn filing cabinet open.

Edited by BBoy2020

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HI! So I registered for an account just to answer your post! I got stuck earlier in the same situation you described. I thought I'm never gonna finish the game! But I reloaded from previous save and the second time I played, I found out that there is a trash can at the back of the secretary dest under the window. There are some blue ink on the typewriter ribbon. You have to examine that in order for the drawer to not close!!! I successfully picked out the card without the F*** drawer closing! I don't know if you did that or not but hope it helps you!

• 5 months later...
  • 8 years later...