Just got the game and didn't notice until now it was rated M. For me no big deal obviously. But I have a 12 YO daughter who loves the Holmes novels and even the movies were PG 13 and she has seen those. Is the game graphic or anything like that that would make me think twice about letting her play it? What warrants the rating?

• 1 month later...

There's dead bodies that you cut open in the morgue and some that you examine (human and dogs) but I'm pretty sure that's about it. I was kind of surprised it got an M to be honest, but you'd have to decide yourself. This response is pretty late, so what did you decide? Just curious

• 1 month later...

I think dispite the game being pretty tame, Holmes subject matter has always met the requirements for an M rating. In the stories, theres a dead body in every chapter, and lots of the characters are heroin/cocaine/morphine addicts.

• 1 year later...

Like mentioned before there are a lot of dead bodies that you examine. Pretty detailed so maybe not appropriate for younger viewers.

Also this:

[spoiler=brainssplat]At one point during the game Holmes blows his brains out right in front of Watson. Pretty brutal.

• 3 months later...

Might be a bit late with this advice, but yes, it can be a pretty graphic game.

More-or-less confined to the dead bodies you find in your travels. Some of them are pretty brutally killed and disfigured.

Holmes also seems fairly callous when it comes to deaths he may or may not cause throughout the game. Might just be a consequence of story but found his "Oh well" attitude in the smelting plant a bit jarring.