Possible glitched trophy - "The Brain"

Just thought i'd let people know that i'm pretty sure "The brain" trophy glitched on me. I checked the missable trophy thread before i started and i'm absolutely sure i solved all the puzzles myself but the trophy never popped. I had to do another playthrough (only 5hrs though so it could have been worse) and it appeared no problem. I had a look on the sister site and apparently a lot of xbox360 users have had the same trouble.

This is total speculation but i suspect the game had trouble popping two trophies at once since this is the only place where I had trouble and the game overall is quite glitchy and buggy. I would recommend keeping a save file close to the end (in the haunted house), that way if anyone has the same issue they can try reloading and doing the final puzzle again. I'll be intersted to hear if this helps anyone.

Other than the bugs and the lack of inverted camera controls I found this game very enjoyable. The puzzles were good and it made a nice change from shooting stuff all the time.

I didn't really have that problem, but I don't doubt something like that happens with this game. I also kept multiple save files as I went through the game. I did notice this, however: when I solved the animal puzzle, the trophy did not pop. (Don't remember what its called...) I loaded the save file right before the puzzle and solved it again, then it popped. I think this may have had something to do with me setting the controller on the ground (when I did that, I think I accidentally hit the "auto-solve" button, even though it didn't auto-solve the puzzle for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

yesterday I finished my game. I collected all of the trophies, except one "THE BRAIN". For sure I resolved all of the puzzle games and didn't skip anything. I made a save before last puzzle game (deactivating 4 bombs in Lunapark), I tried to load it and solved it again, but I didn't obtain this trophy. Help me please, any ideas? Or only one and right solution is to complete the game again from the beginning to the end? Please not second time :mad:

Thx for an answer.

For sure I don't know which one is bugged. But maybe there will be any patch for this game which will fix it and trophy will pop up automatically when you start the game. Honestly I'm not so sure :) So let's start the game again.

I wouldn't count on any patch. This game is not a big budget high wanted type of game.

Speedrun will be quick. I guess two* sittings, 3hrs each and voila. And let's hope no more bugged one cause this time there will be no popups unless the save and gamedata will be deleted.

My bugged riddle was the 'safe' in the grave. Didn't save it tho it popuped in both versions - ingame and XMB. I don't remember if I didn't actually upgrade FW before sync.

That could be a reason why it was missing and everything was messed up in the end...

*I don't know if I'll can teke it longer with skipping all of the conversations and autofinishing (guide) riddles.

Solution here.

All puzzle are required to trophy so just make a save before/during each of them. You can always push circle to get out from the puzzle to save.

Just don't know what this save would help ;) You will know if everything was ok in the end, when trophy pops up. And if not, there is no way to select the 'broken' puzzle cause you have no idea which one it was.

Best would be some sort of statistics in the end. You solved this and that. You skipped this and that. etc...

Edited by rospondek

Thx.

I know this walkthrough.

Concerning save's: every save before puzzle makes your way to the end a little bit shorter. Of course you don't know which puzzle was bugged on your way, but after the end of the game without "THE BRAIN" trophy, you can reload last save (last puzzle), solve it and pray for a trophy, if not, reload next to last (next to last puzzle), solve 2 puzzles and pray for a trophy, if not, ... etc. Hope the first puzzle in the game will not be bugged, otherwise you have to repeat it from the beginning.

I guess Murphy's Law will occur :D

If trying (from the end) 1, 1-2, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-4 etc I'm sure the bugged one will be the one when you will play 1-2-3-4-...-30-31 :D So faster will be just redo full game from the scratch :D

Anyway, I'm still thinking of what to do. I guess I'll backup save and delete it to have ingame popups of finishing at least a few of the puzzles.

Nonetheless good game. Story was pretty good but those kids were god damn scary like sh***!! :D

Edited by rospondek

• 3 weeks later...

I just got The Brain trophy after going through the game the second time (until the last puzzle - deactivating the 4 bombs). Stressed me out last night when it glitched on me after finishing the first playthrough.

What I realised is that in my second playthrough, not one puzzle had the option of even skipping it - the "R2" button simply disappeared on the puzzle screens. Anyways, just letting people know that if it glitched on you the first time, just speedrun it through a second time and it'll sure pop.