The Missable Trophies Warning

SoPoF

Okay, I'm too lazy to write a full trophy guide and since the trophies you do not get automatically by proceeding through the game and finishing it are very, very few, I'll just tell you about those.

The Brain - You get this for not skipping a single puzzle. Puzzles are the riddles that have an extra screen, like when you must open a locked box with a combination and stuff like that. Do not skip those! If you have trouble solving one, just look for a solution online.

(Technically, the trophies you get for various puzzles are missable, too, if you skip them, but since you will want to go for The Brain, you'll get all of them, too.)

Blackmailer - There are three conversations in the game that let you blackmail the other persons. Use the blackmail option in all of them.

[spoiler=blackmail1]When you found out about the Reverend's secret, blackmail him about it. When you're on the cemetery and talk to the hiding boys, blackmail them. ("Afraid" is the dialogue option.) When you play as Watson and talk to Danny The Anvil, blackmail her by saying you'll call the police.

The Holmesian - As Watson, when you're at home in Bakerstreet, search the flat for certain mementos. It's not many and you should not have any trouble. (Can't tell them from the top of my head, but one of them is above Watson's room's door, I was looking for it quite a while.) Do this at the very first opportunity, because the times you visit home are limited.

Pea-Souper - Not really missable, but technically, you can play through the game without getting it. Use the hotspot function a few times, called Holmes's Sixth Sense. L2.

A Very Fine Loafer - For this, you simply talk to a few irrelevant NPCs. Just talk to every NPC you see and you should get this very soon. Easiest way would be to walk the streets of Whitechapel, because there are a whole lot of NPCs.

I hope I didn't miss one.

A final Warning! When you are in the Mill, do NOT use the knife on the crack in the ground. It's not the solution, it's not necessary and it will break! I'm not 100% positive, but I was stuck afterwards and had to reload a savefile. (Luckily, I kept at least one for each area.)

The thing is, you must use the knife in another spot in the Mill and if you haven't done so before trying it on the crack in the floor, you're stuck. Maybe there exists a way around it, but after searching the whole area intensively, I couldn't find it, so it seems it's a hole the developers forgot to fix. Strangely, you need the knife later as well and I recall at least one other situation in which it would've been possible to get stuck without the knife later if you did things in the wrong order. (With the knife, the order doesn't matter, so keep it!)

So TLDR: When you are in the Mill, do NOT use the knife on the crack in the ground.

So TLDR: When you are in the Mill, do NOT use the knife on the crack in the ground.

I broke the knife on the crack (as a guide instructed), had no problems with it. As you said, this probably depeneded on the order.

Any idea if Breaking the Law is also missable? Trophy card sites report it as having been obtained by less people than mandatory story ones that come after it (Holmes disguise, etc).

It's one of the "puzzle" trophies. You can miss all of them if you skip the puzzle related to it, but as I mentioned, if you go for The Brain, you shouldn't skip them anyways.

So, yes, opening that room is part of the storyline and you will do so, but if you skip the puzzle leading to it, you won't get the trophy.

If I recall correctly, you skip puzzles by pressing R2. Strangely, I never saw the option until the final puzzle, so I either just didn't see it (and luckily didn't press R2 accidentally) or the option isn't given before you entered a certain amount of false answers or spent a while on a puzzle.

when/where was I supposed to earn the :silver: attention to detail?

I missed that trophy and the Blackmailer since I was a nice guy to the second part of that trophy?

This trophy should unlock

[spoiler=attdetail]in the mill, when you control Holmes. Search for a chest against a wall. Inside you'll find a magician's costume and you'll have to search it. You should find a coin, a dead bird, handcuffs, silk, cards, a page of a diary and a masterkey. Trophy will pop up when you find all of them.

Also, I would like to point that the trophy A Very Fine Loafer should unlock when Holmes speaks to the woman asking for bread in Buck’s Row street at Whitechapel (1st street on your right when enter the area). No need to speak to other NPCs.

Edited by tyrell 2019

I'm not terribly far into the game, but I'm confused as to how some of the puzzles can be skipped or missable. I mean, you kind of have to search everything to move forward at all, right?

I don't know about any puzzles being missable but you have an option to skip any of the puzzles by pressing R2 if you can't figure it out and that will void the trophie.

This trophy should unlock

[spoiler=attdetail]in the mill, when you control Holmes. Search for a chest against a wall. Inside you'll find a magician's costume and you'll have to search it. You should find a coin, a dead bird, handcuffs, silk, cards, a page of a diary and a masterkey. Trophy will pop up when you find all of them.

Also, I would like to point that the trophy A Very Fine Loafer should unlock when Holmes speaks to the woman asking for bread in Buck’s Row street at Whitechapel (1st street on your right when enter the area). No need to speak to other NPCs.

thank you very much, I'll start my second play through now :applause:

• 3 weeks later...

A final Warning! When you are in the Mill, do NOT use the knife on the crack in the ground. It's not the solution, it's not necessary and it will break! I'm not 100% positive, but I was stuck afterwards and had to reload a savefile. (Luckily, I kept at least one for each area.)

The thing is, you must use the knife in another spot in the Mill and if you haven't done so before trying it on the crack in the floor, you're stuck. Maybe there exists a way around it, but after searching the whole area intensively, I couldn't find it, so it seems it's a hole the developers forgot to fix. Strangely, you need the knife later as well and I recall at least one other situation in which it would've been possible to get stuck without the knife later if you did things in the wrong order. (With the knife, the order doesn't matter, so keep it!)

You can use the knife. Even if you break it you have to use a broom and a shovel to get under the floor.

Even if you break it it will be added a new one in the Fun Fair level.

• 2 weeks later...
Oke, i missed the Blackmailer trophie aswell!

I need it only for the plat.

iknow those 2 kids part, and the fat woman part.

but i dont not now where the first part is for blackmail?

if anybody knows it really aprecciate it.

First part is at the very beginning of the game when your doing your first case with the dead Minister? and your in his chambers looking for clues and talking to his assistant reverend. You need to ask about letters then choose the blackmail option if I recall correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

When you play as Watson and talk to Danny The Anvil, blackmail her by saying you'll call the police.

In orderfor this option to show, you need to choose the health department option first, otherwise it doesn't show, luckily I had made a save just before this point :-)

//WhiteWolf

• 2 weeks later...