How does it play?

dmsdq

I have to disagree with Azreal, I found L.A. Noire to be a repetitive BORING playthrough, and before anyone says you didnt play it long enough or you didnt get used to it... I got the (P) & still think they could have done ALOT... LOT better than what it ended up being.

As for Sherlock... I will check it out. Even if it does play like Noire I hope they ironed out the shit... if shit can iron out...:think:

I have to disagree with Azreal, I found L.A. Noire to be a repetitive BORING playthrough, and before anyone says you didnt play it long enough or you didnt get used to it... I got the (P) & still think they could have done ALOT... LOT better than what it ended up being.

As for Sherlock... I will check it out. Even if it does play like Noire I hope they ironed out the shit... if shit can iron out...:think:

Will I have to disagree with you on that one. I found LA Noire to be quite fun and Sherlock Holmes video game looks interesting.

But anyways does anyone know if the game will come out on PSN because I would rather buy it on PSN rather than hearing gamestop mouth going on and on and on about games I am not interested in hearing about nor doing the pre-order of a game(s).

Here is the game description.

Solving one mystery plunges Sherlock Holmes into a plot that's even darker in this sinister saga where the prime suspect is Holmes himself! The detective's downward spiral begins when he returns a missing necklace, only to find out the necklace he returned is a fake, and all signs soon point to Holmes as the one who took the real jewels. Examine crime scenes, find clues, question witnesses, pursue suspects, and use your dizzying detective intellect and deduction skills to choose which leads to follow. Experience a story that brings out Holmes' darker side, with the entire city of London turning against its once-beloved mystery-solving hero.

this wont play like LA Noire if its like the previous game.

you fast travel everywhere, no choice in the matter really. you go to various places and can inspect the area for clues. you have to deduce who the killer is etc and there are some puzzles too. its not like LA Noire in that you dont drive, dont solve mini crimes and dont interrogate people or shoot/chase after them. also it doesnt have a million collectables.

i loved LA Noire but this is different, laid back. you cant die - and any game where you dont have to worry about that is good in my book. ill grab this when its a tenner which will be soon im sure.

What was bad about L.A. Noire? The plot was interesting, the action sequences fun though the car chases could have been improved and all of the cases had several interesting functions. What didn't you like about it? :confused:

Does anyone know if this game will be a third person shooter? I hope not cause that was the reason I did not buy LA Noire

A third person shooter? A Sherlock Holmes game? Seriously? HA! You've watched too many Robert Downey Jr. movies...

Read Sherlock Holmes or watch the old Basil Rathbone films. The recent movies are not Sherlock Holmes. Even the recent Sherlock Holmes mysteries on BBC America are more Sherlock Holmes than the Robert Downey Jr. movies. They're trash.

Ever hear of google?

Gameplay:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns4yPqrlOdk]Testament of Sherlock Holmes - E3 2011: Gameplay Walkthrough (Cam) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lasGRTReGA0]New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes:The Testament of Sherlock Gameplay Demo (PC, PS3, Xbox 360) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

A third person shooter? A Sherlock Holmes game? Seriously? HA! You've watched too many Robert Downey Jr. movies...

Read Sherlock Holmes or watch the old Basil Rathbone films. The recent movies are not Sherlock Holmes. Even the recent Sherlock Holmes mysteries on BBC America are more Sherlock Holmes than the Robert Downey Jr. movies. They're trash.

Ever hear of google?

Gameplay:

No, I have not watched too many Robert Downey Jr. movies. In fact, I did not like his first Sherlock Holmes movie and have not watched the second.

I just thought that maybe this game was going to be like LA Noire and I HATE TPS

Thanks for the links and you did not have to be that rude :)

Ever hear of google?

I agree, the new movies are not Sherlock Holmes like it should be. But then again the director has told that why to repeat the old, and they want to show a new concept, which I personally find very entertaining. Jeremy Brett's Holmes will always be the real Holmes for me, but that doesn't ruin the fact that Robert Downey Jr. is doing a great job as Holmes (Think of a different dimension with every character is little different) and I also like how Jude Law plays Watson.

The movies might not be the real Holmes but they definitely aren't trash. I also like the BBC series. I have read all the books, and I can still enjoy the new concepts they come up with. Waiting for the third movie and the third season. :)

Uhm ... the "Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack The Ripper" game I played was by frogwares, too, and it wasn't crap at all. I can only assume this x-box live version was some watered down rip-off search-items-game ...?

Anyways, the controls of this game actually are FPS controls, you just don't shoot. (By the way, the shooting sections of LA Noire where so few and far between, it'd be a shame if they were someone's only reason to not play it.)

You can also play in 3rd person, but I found this to look weird.

• 1 month later...