Will Tim Duncan's injury kill the spurs chance to make it through the playoffs

txdust80

Even if he he is able to play before the playoff start. What is his chances of being 100% in time? Spurs have a strong team, and might be able to fly past the first round of the playoff, but second round match ups usually ends up being a team that requires the spurs to play all 7 games to beat. Its going to be a nail biter for any spurs fan if Tim Duncan is having to take it easy in the playoffs.

By my memory Pippin, Jordan and Rodman only lost 10 games that year so no, the spurs are not going in the record book for most wins, but they are up there with in the top 10 best of the best in a year for a team. Sadly if they loss in the play offs this years dominance will mean nothing.

Before Duncan's injury I would say they could be the second best team win per loss in NBA history, but parker and ginobili have a lot of star pushing ahead of them to cause the double teams that will let the back ground and bench really shine. San Antonio has a deep bench, but it is do or die time for the spurs and we need the other 2 spurs stars to shine to maintain a successful pace. I think up to the playoffs knowing the coach, he will be less concerned with over all record and more concerned with running plays with back up players just in case duncan is MIA in the playoffs. That means the wins might be less often for now since the weeks going into the play offs might be hell spring camp for the back ups.

Not to say greg popovich doesn't have his bench prepared. I just know he will be switching up the whole game plan of practice and game up that there might be a few lost games for the spurs before they recover.

Edited by txdust80