The MotoGP Thread

Puzzler

I'm quite surprised there isn't already a thread for this (hopefully my searching skills haven't failed me...)!

Any other MotoGP fans here? I've only recently got into it myself.

A very impressive performance from Marquez last race, storming through the field after dropping back. Do you think anyone can beat him this year?

Edited by Fynn84

I've always been a small fan of bike racing grand prix or Moto GP. I actually became a fan since I got my very first racing video game. Which happen to be a bike racing game. Which was non other than Super Hang-On on the Sega Genesis/Megadrive. Sadly for me it's hard to catch bike competition races or Moto GP races events being aired on TV. Unless you have premium sports channels. Which I don't, because cable wants to jack up the prices for a few additional extra channels often always. Rarely do you ever get to see them in my book. Like in ESPN or so. So I just watch them a bit when ever by a rare miracle I can find a bike race actually being shown on TV. Hell I'll tell you right now, I'm a complete noob and clueless of who the racers are, because of this. :o

Just saying I created a moto gp thread ages ago but it didn't get a lot of following so it probably got lost now. I'll find it for you when I get a chance. But what a ride from Marc Marquez though can he go 6 from 6 race wins?

Strange :think:, I did a thread title search for "Moto" from the main forum page and it didn't bring it up. Oh well, hopefully this time MotoGP will get some more interest :)!

Strange :think:, I did a thread title search for "Moto" from the main forum page and it didn't bring it up. Oh well, hopefully this time MotoGP will get some more interest :)!

Here you go yeah hopefully this thread gets more attention.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/sports-bar/165802-official-motogp-thread.html

Im a fan of Jorge Lorenzo but he hasnt been doing to well at the moment hopefully he picks up soon. I wonder if many people also watch Moto 2 and moto125 :think: I do as they usually play all races and lower class races are more exciting to watch.

Here you go yeah hopefully this thread gets more attention.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/sports-bar/165802-official-motogp-thread.html

Im a fan of Jorge Lorenzo but he hasnt been doing to well at the moment hopefully he picks up soon. I wonder if many people also watch Moto 2 and moto125 :think: I do as they usually play all races and lower class races are more exciting to watch.

Ben Spies' curses are starting to work :whistle:

I used to watch this all the time, although not really anymore. I just read the results on BBC Sport. Big Rossi fan, went to Donington in 2003 and 2005 and saw one Rossi win and another win that was later stripped. Shame he's been shit for the past few years thanks to a ridiculous decision to go to Ducati, but good to see he's fighting for podiums again this season.

I was surprised with that champsionship (Moto2 2010). I would say that year there were few rivals, only an irregular Ianone. Personally speaking, I don't think Elias is a superb driver. The glory in MotoGp is only for a few.

Alex Rins and Maverick Viñales are my favourite prospects, though they have not started very well this year

Mugello bets?

Given it's such a significant race for Rossi this weekend it would be nice if he could get a victory, but I still think it's going to be Marquez; he's topping the times after today's practice sessions.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/aM15Oxx_460sa.gif

Haha, I wasn't expecting that :p

Only just got round to watching Mugello, easily the best race of the season so far, going right down to the wire with an exciting scrap between Lorenzo and Marquez. Shame Rossi couldn't make up some more time in the closing stages, so he could have got involved as well!

Only just got round to watching Mugello, easily the best race of the season so far, going right down to the wire with an exciting scrap between Lorenzo and Marquez. Shame Rossi couldn't make up some more time in the closing stages, so he could have got involved as well!

The worst thing that could of happened out of that scrap is both crashing into each other and Valentino Rossi taking an easy win. But great riding. I was hoping for a Lorenzo win but surprise surprise Marquez comes out on top. At least we know yamaha have the pace now :)

• 3 weeks later...

massive moto gp and vr46 fan,spent thousands on replica leathers and helmets,great to see vr doing well again(should of never gone to ducati) pedrosa will never be world champ,if mm93 wins every race this season he should retire and go to f1 and see if he can win that.

ps sony hurry up and get moto gp 14 ps3 trophys put on psn

• 2 months later...
I'm glad Rossi got his first win of the season at Misano.

I've missed the last few races though unfortunately; Psycho, do you want to give us a recap of the major talking points? :p

Seeing as I can't see Psycho about...

• Marquez wins many races in a row
  • 10 a row, only 3rd driver to do so
  • Edwards semi-retires after Indy, isn't racing again this season, is to be Yamaha test rider
  • Crutchlow moving from Ducati to LCR Honda, Bradl going to NGM Forward
  • Marquez starts on pole in Brno, has crap start, finishes 4th. Pedrosa, who is nowhere during practice, wins after having great race pace
  • Marquez wins again at Silverstone though, back to normal :p

Edited by LongLiveHelghast

Seeing as I can't see Psycho about...

• Marquez wins many races in a row
  • 10 a row, only 3rd driver to do so
  • Edwards semi-retires after Indy, isn't racing again this season, is to be Yamaha test rider
  • Crutchlow moving from Ducati to LCR Honda, Bradl going to NGM Forward
  • Marquez starts on pole in Brno, has crap start, finishes 4th. Pedrosa, who is nowhere during practice, wins after having great race pace
  • Marquez wins again at Silverstone though, back to normal :p

Thanks mate :p!

• 2 weeks later...