NBA Thread

Pottersfield610

LA Lakers baby!

And even though Kobe may be an asshole, you can't deny he's getting inducted in the Hall.

Kobe is a legend and I got to meet him back his senior year in h.s. in '96 got his autograph at a local high school(actually my h.s.'s cross town rival) but LeBron is still better *haha*. I'm very much excited for this upcoming season as so many stars are on different teams alot of surprises bout to go down this season can't wait :cool:

If LeQueen thinks that adding the big slow flopper is going to help them beat Orlando he's got another thing coming. Boston, San Antonio, Orlando, and the Lakers all got better this offseason. Cleveland IMO didn't

Edit. Adding Moon and Parker were pretty good moves for the Cavs. And yes I think Shaq is an upgrade over Big Z. I just don't think they improved themselves as much as the others

Edited by dougatt

If LeQueen thinks that adding the big slow flopper is going to help them beat Orlando he's got another thing coming. Boston, San Antonio, Orlando, and the Lakers all got better this offseason. Cleveland IMO didn't

Edit. Adding Moon and Parker were pretty good moves for the Cavs. And yes I think Shaq is an upgrade over Big Z. I just don't think they improved themselves as much as the others

I would like to respectfully disagree. The Magic gained Vince Carter and Ryan Andersen, a prima donna and a relatively unproven young forward in the Rashard Lewis mold, they also lost Hedo (the reason they beat the Cavs this year) and Courtney Lee a promising young guard. Lee was a good on ball defender and could score now they have replaced him with VC a poor defender that scores in bunches when he is motivated. Call that even give or take. But losing Hedo and replacing him with Ryan Andersen is a definite downgrade though as Andersen does the same things Lewis does and but has not shown at any point in his career (college too) that he can run an offense in the way that Hedo can. By all means getting Jameer Nelson back is beneficial, but since Skip to my Lou is now gone their backup is Tyronn Lue:o. So basically the Magic got more conventional, thus playing into the hands of a team that stresses defense but had matchup problems last years (the Cavs).

The Cavs on the other hand added a true shooting guard with a solid rep on offense and defense, a similarily proven small forward that can guard face up power forwards, and the Diesel. Discount the Diesel as he is old, but Parker and Moon will give this team the ability to matchup with basically anyone now. Additionally they didn't lose anyone that saw big minutes last season except Ben Wallace who was done anyway. So even if the Diesel cannot duplicate last year's production he should at the very least be able to replace Wallace's production and they added two reliable swingmen.

Based on the moves made in the off-season I would say the Magic got worse and the Cavs got better.

I would tackle some of the other assertions as well but this is long, needless to say I don't quite agree with the Celtics or Lakers improving, the Spurs however definitely did.

Edited by bigdrama

The Magic acquired more than just Ryan Anderson and Vince Carter. Brandon Bass and Matt Barnes say hello. Two physical guys that give us something we have lacked well, forever lol. I was not happy at all with them letting Courtney Lee go. But you have to give up something to get something. The starting lineup for the Magic hasn't been set yet. We could easily start Matt Barnes at the 3 and Vince at the 2. If they do this we're still the same unconventional style team that we were last year. Just with the option of playing a more conventional style if need be.

Vince Carter is done, he isn't as good as he used to be all he can do is score now. Carter = Washed up plus he is real soft. Orlando WILL NOT be making it to the NBA Finals again next year. Boston is a way better team with a healthy KG & Rasheed Wallace. Cleveland is definately a better team with the addition of Shaq and Parker/Moon

Hopefully this season Elton Brand can actually help us Sixers out this season. Last season he got hurt.........ofcourse. Just after giving him a HUGE contract to.

Losing Andre Miller hurt the Sixers but I think we drafted Jrue Holiday from UCLA so he will be our future PG. I've always liked Louie Williams and think he can be a real nice player. Elton Brand should be fully recovered and ready to bang this upcoming season as we should be making the playoffs again

Losing Andre Miller hurt the Sixers but I think we drafted Jrue Holiday from UCLA so he will be our future PG. I've always liked Louie Williams and think he can be a real nice player. Elton Brand should be fully recovered and ready to bang this upcoming season as we should be making the playoffs again

Yes we should. And it is a shame we lost Andre Miller he was a hell of a player. A very underrated player also.

• 4 weeks later...

I still pretty much dislike the bucks, living in milwaukee regardless, because of the bad moves they make. The only good thing the bucks did this year was draft Brandon Jennings. He is going to be a great player once he matures more, and seeing what he did in the summer league (lead steals and assists i think) he will develop into a league leading pg in the future. Bucks reported that Bogut's back was recovering fine, and I'm pretty sure Redd is at 100%. However we lost Charlie V and Jefferson, and released Bowen, so our roster is pretty much the same except I think Brandon Jennings will be competing against Luke Ridnour and Charlie Bell for the starting spot. The bucks might make the playoffs this year, because they were pretty decent last year, with injured players like Villanueva and Bogut for the past 2 seasons or so. I'd like to say the Bucks would make the playoffs this year, but the east got alot better this year.

Hoping the Cavaliers can finish off what they started last year. Hope the new guys can work together and play team defense. Shaq might not be great, but he had an allstar year last and is a improvement over Z. Only wish they could have resigned Joe Smith, but he signed with Atlanta b/c he thought he would get more floor time.. maybe another last minute signing mid-season with Cleveland.

Hoping the Cavaliers can finish off what they started last year. Hope the new guys can work together and play team defense. Shaq might not be great, but he had an allstar year last and is a improvement over Z. Only wish they could have resigned Joe Smith, but he signed with Atlanta b/c he thought he would get more floor time.. maybe another last minute signing mid-season with Cleveland.

Leon Powe, Anthony Parker, & Jamario Moon are 3 really solid players and will only help the Cavs become a better team so I see them being better than last year. But the East got stronger as a whole too so teams like Boston, Detriot, Chicago, Orlando will all be competing this year as well

This seems like an incredible off-season to me. There were so many big names going everywhere.. it was incredible. Maybe I just never paid as much attention, or it was a huge offseason. Things are so much up in the air for the upcoming season, I don't think that anyone really knows what will happen.

This seems like an incredible off-season to me. There were so many big names going everywhere.. it was incredible. Maybe I just never paid as much attention, or it was a huge offseason. Things are so much up in the air for the upcoming season, I don't think that anyone really knows what will happen.

I agree and can't wait for the season to tip off

• 1 month later...
Hopefully this season Elton Brand can actually help us Sixers out this season. Last season he got hurt.........ofcourse. Just after giving him a HUGE contract to.

I follow the Clippers because I live in L.A. and he's been injured for the past 3 seasons. Ever since his first injury hes not been a good player. Elton Brand is done as a dominate player. Trust me.:cool:

Anyway the Lakers just look unstoppable. With the addition of Ron Artest I don't see any team being able to stop them in the west. The only teams I see challenging them is the Spurs and Blazers. In the east I just think King James this year will finally get his team to the Finals. Last year Ron Artest was a King James stopper so if these two teams meet in the Finals then I would go with my Lakers in 5-6 games.

Edit: @Pirate

Kobe is not an asshole. I remember 3 seasons ago he gave like 20 PS3s to a orphanage. Tell me how is a guy that gave 20 PS3s to a bunch of kids an asshole? Now if he would have gave them a 360s then I could understand why you think hes an asshole. J/K

No but seriously he did give like 100 PS3s to an orphanage.

Edited by RGS-14

I follow the Clippers because I live in L.A. and he's been injured for the past 3 seasons. Ever since his first injury hes not been a good player. Elton Brand is done as a dominate player. Trust me.:cool:

Anyway the Lakers just look unstoppable. With the addition of Ron Artest I don't see any team being able to stop them in the west. The only teams I see challenging them is the Spurs and Blazers. In the east I just think King James this year will finally get his team to the Finals. Last year Ron Artest was a King James stopper so if these two teams meet in the Finals then I would go with my Lakers in 5-6 games.

Edit: @Pirate

Kobe is not an asshole. I remember 3 seasons ago he gave like 20 PS3s to a orphanage. Tell me how is a guy that gave 20 PS3s to a bunch of kids an asshole? Now if he would have gave them a 360s then I could understand why you think hes an asshole. J/K

No but seriously he did give like 100 PS3s to an orphanage.

1: Ron Artest MIGHT be the end of the Lakers. I live in Houston and trust me half the crap he pulled here did not get out to the media.

2: Kobe is an asshole, just like Jordan, Bird, Barkley, and Isiah Thomas. You do not have to have a great personality to be a great player. (the 360 line is classic though)

3:With The Lebrons, Celtics and Magic, I think the NBA final winner is coming out the east.

4:GO ROCKETS