The F1 Thread

funkyweed

• 4 months later...
Same, I'm a ferrari man so would love for him to do well, Ferrari though need to get a lot of new parts though for when it starts again to at least give Schumacher a competitive car, what's peoples views about Alonso coming to Ferrari after this season?

I don't like Alonso he seems to have a bit of an attitude problem.

I am a Massa fan too and he's my favorite driver. Ferrari is my favorite too. I was a Barrichello fan 4 years ago because he was the only brazilian. Massa is much better than Barrichello (A.K.A the second place guy :(). I hope he recovers well after that accident. I can't believe a spring from Barrichello's car hit him almost killing him. An advice to all F1 drivers: don't drive behind Barrichello. :D

I don't like Alonso he seems to have a bit of an attitude problem.

The same could be said about Schumacher. lol.

I'm just waiting for USF1 next year, then I really have someone I can root for. But right now I have to settle for Vettel. :p

An advice to all F1 drivers: don't drive behind Barrichello. :D

not many people do :D

im really looking forward to schumacher coming back, he was and probably will still be the greatest driver ever, and i have no doubt that he will perform in this car, hell, he helped design it! i do hope massa gets better though.

its going to be an interesting season!

not many people do :D

im really looking forward to schumacher coming back, he was and probably will still be the greatest driver ever, and i have no doubt that he will perform in this car, hell, he helped design it! i do hope massa gets better though.

its going to be an interesting season!

I believe many Brazilians will disagree with you there. :p

It'd be hilarious if he finished ahead of Kimi in the standings. :p

Do you know how many races are left?

Seven left. He linked you to the site. :p

Edited by Sanction

I have the feeling Schumacher coming back will definitely shake things up though. So it's pretty much like starting the season over, I think.

EDIT - Except Button will have a 19 point lead this time around. Brawn has fallen off though, in the past few races. A few more races like them though, and they won't win the 'chip.

Edited by Sanction

Schumacher's return will be interesting and surreal, he's been out of the cockpit since the end of 2006 and has only tested an F2007 Ferrari recently. It could either be great in Valencia and he'll get a couple of points or it will be carnage in the first corner as he forgets he doesn't have traction control etc anymore!

The F2009 is a very different model to the F2006 he last used competitively. I hope he does will and if Kimi does one over to WRC maybe he'll keep the seat for another season!

I'm a masssive Mclaren fan, have been since the Hakkinen days. I support a few of the drivers though, Alonso, Kimi, Rosberg and primarily Hamilton. There are a lot of good drivers in F1, but there are only a select few who have the extra ability, they are the one's I like watching the most.

It's good to see the big teams pulling their form back. Ferrari and Mclaren fought upto the end of last year and lost a lot of time in R&D for this season. Now they are playing catch up. We can't realistically win anything, and Lewis can't defend his crown (thanks Glock!) but whatevers happens I just jope at the end Button does not win!

I was at Silverstone this year and the Button love made me ill!

Good to have an F1 section, it's my favourite sport. I will debate all!

Edited by funkyweed

But Button has got an 18 and a half point lead. :eek:

Yeah true enough, all that needs to happen though is for him to have problems in two races and Webber wins two and then Button goes second. Worst thing is, it's not even that unlikely.

Did anyone see Top Gear when Schumacher was on? Clarkson asked him "So, do you find it particularly boring when someone just endlessly wins?". HAH.

Haha yeah, I like how on this last episode just gone out on Sunday he said, isn't it weird that when the Top Gear series ends, Schumacher decides to go and race again in F1. I know he isn't the stig, there's no way he could be. I mean when he was racing properly in places like Brazil etc. They would expect him to fly back home on a wednesday and drive? (I think they did the filming on a Wednesday correct me if i'm wrong.)

Yeah I saw that. For me, Schumacher is definitely not the stig, as you say its not really possible, and I doubt Top Gear could afford him on a contract. The Stig is a legend though, I love how Clarkson announces him with lines like:

Some say he is illegal in 17 US states, and he blinks horizontally...

Brilliant. I believe the Stig has been a lot of different ex-racing drivers.

Back to F1 though, who do you think will win the next GP in Valencia?

It was Massa last year with Hamilton second. Obviously Massa isn't there so this year I believe it will be Vettel, Webber, Hamilton or Raikkonen in the top four. Brawn a falling fast, I hope Schumi picks up points as well.

Shame Renault & Alonso are banned but the loose wheel could've killed someone.

Edited by funkyweed