Well everyone seems to be making new threads with their favorite sports leagues in it, so thought I'd make my own! Huzzah! All discussions about the National Football League shall be done here!

So I guess I'll start with a topic:

What does everyone think of this?

http://allthingsjennifer.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/ept_sports_nfl_experts-46354183-1248138026.jpg

Source: http:Limited-Edition Terrell Owens Cereal Now at Tops

What do I think of that? Here's the letter I sent to Mr. Owens back in November 2005. Seriously, I sent it to the Eagles, his website, and his radio show in Miami. One of my friends even found his home address online and I mailed it to him. Total waste of a stamp, but it was worth it. Strangely enough, he never replied.

Mr. Owens, thank you for taking over the world of football for the last week. There was no other story I wanted to hear about more than what you said and the reaction to your comments. You know, it's rare for the top story on Sportscenter to be the same for a week and a half. The last time that happened some basketball players went into the stands looking for a fight. But hey, they got what they deserved right? You didn't deserve to be essentially fired by the Eagles, right? Those players committed crimes. All you did was throw your teammates, the organization you play for, and the man that signs your hefty checks under the bus. That's not nearly as bad, is it? Don't worry TO; I don't understand how you can be called a bad teammate either. I mean, it's not like you tried to strangle your coach. You didn't even throw a water bottle, or even squirt water, at an official. It's not even like you threw anything onto the field. You didn't throw a chair at a fan or a bag of balls at an official. How can everyone call you a bad teammate? How can people say that they're better off without you? I think more players like you are needed in professional sports. We need to see less of players that don't show anyone up. We need more guys that will do whatever possible to bring the spotlight onto themselves; even if it means doing interviews dressed as a clown. We need to see more players that don't know the meaning of the word sacrifice. Sports would be so much better off. Imagine how great it would be to see an 8 year old hit a home run in a Little League game, and then do cartwheels all the way between 3rd and home. I look forward to the day when kids playing peewee football are planning their endzone dances. I dream that one day, a kid will tell the world that his team would be undefeated if they had the goalie from that other team instead of the one that they currently have. Because of you Mr. Owens, I may live to see these dreams come to life.

So, to you Mr. Owens, I thank you. Thank you for being such a selfish prick. You take the phrase "I love me" to new levels. Thank you for being everything that I never want to see in a teammate. Thank you for being someone that parents can point at and say "don't be like him." Thank you for showing what is actually important in your life, money and attention. After all, isn't that what really matters in sports? It can't be the love of the game, the camaraderie with teammates, or competitive drive to win, can it?

By the way, if you're going to apologize for something that you truly believe that you did wrong, you don't have to READ IT! Apologies come from the heart my friend, but that's only if you believe you need to apologize.

Well there are two sides to Michael Vick thing and it comes down to do you personally believe in the US correctional system works?

If not then you will believe He should not have been reinstated to the NFL. Or you do believe it works and then you think he is a changed man. I personally think he has learnt from his mistakes and if he had not gotten reinstated he would of gone back to dog fighting.

On a side note, how many people would be interested in a Fantasy League consisting of members on the site, probably via Yahoo or ESPN.

Well there are two sides to Michael Vick thing and it comes down to do you personally believe in the US correctional system works?

If not then you will believe He should not have been reinstated to the NFL. Or you do believe it works and then you think he is a changed man. I personally think he has learnt from his mistakes and if he had not gotten reinstated he would of gone back to dog fighting.

On a side note, how many people would be interested in a Fantasy League consisting of members on the site, probably via Yahoo or ESPN.

i would join ur fantasy league but i got a grand riding on the league im in now so all of my focus will be on that one. But still its good idea. And for Vick i really don't care if he comes back or not. I personally don't think he paid his debt because sure it's not like he murdered ppl but it is still murder. He voluntarily hung dogs and drowned them if they weren't performing anymore. I think that's worse than murdering ppl to be honest. Ppl would have the choice to fight back and defend themselves dogs can not defend themselves, especially from their own master. They trust their owner and are loyal to them. They didn't know they were gonna be kill. And i'm not a crazy PETA person. I eat red meat and wear leather(i don't really wear leather not my style lol but it doesnt bother me). I just have a soft spot for dogs. But still don't care if a team signs him or not as long as it isn't the Patriots,Steelers,Colts,or Viking. I have a $100 bet that those teams wont sign him

Personally i do he served his debt to society, now the only question is should/will a team pick him up. Personally i think he should go to detroit to give that team some kind of story after last years disaster

If Detroit picked him up it would be the dumbest mistake, paying stafford over 100 million and then bringing in vick, i dont think so.

I dont think anyone will pick him up this year. If he is still around come next year, and Campbell doesnt have a knock out year. I believe the Redskins will get him, he is a local. We accept all the locals after being tossed to the side by other teams.

I don't really care about past Falcon quarterbacks right now im caring about Matt Ryan. I'm really curious to see if his year is at least half as good as last years. Especially since they brought in Tony Gonzalez.

I think he's one of the greatest tight ends ever, but frankly I think he's too old to do anything anymore. His past few seasons, especially have shown that. I'm glad the Chiefs traded him to bring in new blood.

Tampa Bay all the way!!

I hated Vick long before the dog fighting fiasco,but as far as him being reinstated I could really care less as long as he stays the hell out of Tampa...we`re gonna have enough stuff to deal with this season without any other distractions.I personally think any team better consider that,imagine the protests PETA will have at every game that he`s at.

If Detroit picked him up it would be the dumbest mistake, paying stafford over 100 million and then bringing in vick, i dont think so.

I dont think anyone will pick him up this year. If he is still around come next year, and Campbell doesnt have a knock out year. I believe the Redskins will get him, he is a local. We accept all the locals after being tossed to the side by other teams.

No it wouldnt be a mistake, first off no one is going to take him as a starter he is a terrible passer he would fit in in the wildcat office so they could very easily sub him in at any given time, also stafford isnt gonna start its most likley gonna be culpepper, very rarely do you throw a rookie QB to the wolves he will be lucky to start by game 6. Dont forget whoever signs him is gonna get him cheap for most likley only a couple million. Personally i think he is an xfactor i would use him all over starting with punt and kick returns follow up with the wildcat run pass option then slot him out or put him in the backfield man he could be awesome.

Vick is one of the best qb ever.

Im glad he's back in the nfl and hopefully he gets picked by a good team.:D

As for the whole dog fighthing thing, i find that another way to make money...

Wrong wrong wrong he is a terrible passer barly 50% lifetime completion rate barely 150 yds per game. horrible QB rating seriously

Passing

Year Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate

2006 Atlanta Falcons 16 388 204 52.6 24.2 2,474 6.4 154.6 20 5.2 13 3.4 55 30 8 45 303 75.7

2005 Atlanta Falcons 15 387 214 55.3 25.8 2,412 6.2 160.8 15 3.9 13 3.4 58 27 3 33 201 73.1

2004 Atlanta Falcons 15 321 181 56.4 21.4 2,313 7.2 154.2 14 4.4 12 3.7 62 35 8 46 266 78.1

2003 Atlanta Falcons 5 100 50 50.0 20.0 585 5.9 117.0 4 4.0 3 3.0 49 7 2 9 64 69.0

2002 Atlanta Falcons 15 421 231 54.9 28.1 2,936 7.0 195.7 16 3.8 8 1.9 74T 44 8 33 206 81.6

2001 Atlanta Falcons 8 113 50 44.2 14.1 785 6.9 98.1 2 1.8 3 2.7 52 11 4 21 113 62.7

TOTAL 74 1,730 930 53.8 23.4 11,505 6.7 155.5 71 4.1 52 3.0 74 154 33 187 1,153 75.7

Wrong wrong wrong he is a terrible passer barly 50% lifetime completion rate barely 150 yds per game. horrible QB rating seriously

Completely agree 100% Vick is a shitty QB. A good QB doesn't run the ball every single play... a running back does.

^wow just.. wow. @UnHoLyPsYcO: Good to see a fellow Bucs fan! I have a feeling we're in for a rough year. We're in a very rough division. I think we have a good coach though so who knows. Go Bucs!

Agreed,I think that we are in for a rough season AND we have a good coach.The two biggest concerns that I have are Kiffin`s departure & the QB position.I do think that we will be a lot better than most people are predicting.At least we don`t have to worry about the Panther`s,as good as they may be we no that no team in the NFC South repeats as division champs.

Liking the spicy conversation going on here :p

Most of my points were already mentioned above.

All right next topic I suppose:

The Plaxico Burress case

In case(hehe) you haven't heard, the Giant's Plaxico Burress shot himself in the leg a few months back and is now charged with possession of an illegal firearm. If he were to lose his case, he could go to jail for up to 5 years(or something along those lines).

Do you believe Burress should be treated this harshly(I mean getting shot in the leg is bad enough) or do you think he should be treated like one us(you break the law, you go to jail)?

Discuss....

I really hope he goes away for a long time seeing as i have no sympathy for this guy. He was a punk on the steelers and brought that same mentality over to the giants. He's obviously a danger to others if he feels it is necessary to bring a loaded unregistered gun with him to a club..... Unfortunately if dante stallworth can get what amounts to a slap on the wrist for KILLING someone, i cant see any severe punishment heading plax's way. I'll just have to take solace in the fact that the dumbass shot himself and call it a day.

GO PATS!

About Michael Vick, I'd like to point out that he has received much more punishment than another NFL player who killed a man with his car, in a hit and run, while driving drunk and high. I'm not defending Vick, just saying.

The problem there is they couldnt prove any of that that why stallworth

got a light sentence