The NHL Thread

k3coyotes55

Talk anything hockey here.

Favorite team?

Favorite player?

matchups for this season?

My favorite team is the Chicago Blackhawks. ive been a lifetime fan of them. been through the current highs and been through the past lows.

Some good matchups this season are going to be any pittsburgh vs. Washington games and both the premier series in Europe.

Favorite team - Vancouver Canucks. Don't really have a favorite player, I guess Luongo. I hate the Blackhawks (I think you can guess why) but it is too bad they're going to have to gut their team.

ik if there gunna win the cup theyll have to do it this year cuz there gunna loose alot of people in the next couple years. At least it helps they got the dumbass GM who was signing players for WAY to much gone.

I'm a Detroit Red Wings fan and have been so since 97 when I had to pick a team on NHL 97:p Not so serious back then, and only had the option to follow the results on text-tv. I've been following Detroit very close after the lock out though, because I now have a chance to see every game I want to.

Looking forward to see both the games between Red Wings and Blues in Stockholm. Watched Ottawa - Penguins last season, but finally gonna see my favourite team live.

Looking forward to the matchups between Chicago and Detroit cause they got several Red Wings players in the off season.

ik if there gunna win the cup theyll have to do it this year cuz there gunna loose alot of people in the next couple years. At least it helps they got the dumbass GM who was signing players for WAY to much gone.

That's the problem when you have such a young team. You only have a couple years to get the job done while they're all playing on their rookie salaries, and then you're screwed

I'm a Detroit Red Wings fan and have been so since 97 when I had to pick a team on NHL 97:p Not so serious back then, and only had the option to follow the results on text-tv. I've been following Detroit very close after the lock out though, because I now have a chance to see every game I want to.

Looking forward to see both the games between Red Wings and Blues in Stockholm. Watched Ottawa - Penguins last season, but finally gonna see my favourite team live.

Looking forward to the matchups between Chicago and Detroit cause they got several Red Wings players in the off season.

Hossaaaa!

Kopckeyyy!

I've been a Red Wing's fan since '94.

Favorite player - Brendan Shanahan (sadly he got traded)

Favorite Current Player on the Wings - Thomas Holmstrom

Second Favorite Team - Sharks (I'm from San Jose)

Favorite Current Player - Ryan Clowe

i think Chicago and Flyers have one of the best shots at the cup next year.

Edited by kiateyn

The Sharks have had a good squad here the past couple years. They get to the playoffs and like malfunction or somethin. however that was a great series this past year with the sharks and ducks

Seriously, pisses me off every year. They are so good and choke in the playoffs.

most of my friends at school are ducks fans, so when sj and detroit played the ducks we had some intense times

What was Hawks threatened for and what investigations with Pronger?

CHICAGO(AP) The NHL is investigating Marian Hossa's 12-year, $62.8 million contract with the Chicago Blackhawks.

The league confirmed on Friday that it is looking into the deal, but would have no further comment until the investigation is completed.

The Ottawa Sun first reported Thursday night that the league is studying whether the contract circumvents the salary cap and the collective bargaining agreement.

``The Chicago Blackhawks vehemently dispute any implication that the team has in any way violated the collective bargaining agreement or had any intention whatsoever to circumvent the salary cap,'' the team said in a statement.

``The Marian Hossa contract is a legitimate contract that was appproved by the NHL. We are not at all concerned by the investigation and are confident the NHL will conclude that there is absolutely no evidence that the Blackhawks intended to circumvent the salary cap.''

Hossa's contract results in a $5.23 million cap hit each year over the length of the deal, according the report. That's despite a lot of the money being paid early in the contract with Hossa making $7.9 million annually for the first seven years before his salary tapers off.

The 30-year-old, who scored 40 goals last season with the Detroit Red Wings, is expected to miss the beginning of the season after having surgery on his shoulder.

same is being done with pronger and philledelphia too

I'm a hardcore New York Islanders fan. :D

And thank God they got the first pick this year. They got Tavares who will hopefully be like Crosby was to the Penguins.

The Isles have always been my #2 team, much to the disgust of my friends. They've had a lot of ex Canucks go through their ranks.

The Isles have always been my #2 team, much to the disgust of my friends. They've had a lot of ex Canucks go through their ranks.

They had Luongo for a bit a while back...as their backup goalie -.- . If you look at who the Islanders have had in the past...Satan, Chara, Luongo, Osgood...etc...and then see where those players are now, it gives me an uneasy feeling. :p

They had Luongo for a bit a while back...as their backup goalie -.- . If you look at who the Islanders have had in the past...Satan, Chara, Luongo, Osgood...etc...and then see where those players are now, it gives me an uneasy feeling. :p

Well now you have DiPietro until the end of time :D

They also had Linden (who's a God in Vancouver), Aucoin and I think Mogilny at one point. Now that you guys got rid of your non-captain Yashin and got Tavares, you should be in good shape. A Long Island/Vancouver finals would be the best thing ever to me, provided we won. We don't take it well when New York knocks us out of the Playoffs...

Well now you have DiPietro until the end of time :D

They also had Linden (who's a God in Vancouver), Aucoin and I think Mogilny at one point. Now that you guys got rid of your non-captain Yashin and got Tavares, you should be in good shape. A Long Island/Vancouver finals would be the best thing ever to me, provided we won. We don't take it well when New York knocks us out of the Playoffs...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulUFtK2xLnY]YouTube - Richter vs. Bure Penalty Shot 1994[/ame]

:D