PS3T Signature Bet Thread

Mendel

Since its inception, the Sports Bar forum has grown steadily, and we now have an active community discussing every sport from hockey and football to MMA and professional wrestling, but something has always seemed missing. Today I have realized what that missing element is: gambling, the milk to professional sports' cookie. It's time we bring that element to PS3T.

Now I'm not suggesting we all open up Paypal accounts and start putting each other out of business. Instead, I suggest we start putting the most coveted possessions each of us own up for grabs. From this point on, if you feel strongly about your favorite footballer, quarterback, fighter, driver, etc., and want to put your money where your mouth is, put your signature up for grabs.

The rules are simple: signature bets can bet between as many people as you like, although one on one makes the most sense. Once a bet is completed at the end of an event, race, game, etc., the winner will get to select the loser's signature for one month. This should be text of some sort, nothing overly profane or offensive, but you could also create a custom image (again, nothing overly offensive) for the loser to show off.

Bets can be made anywhere, in this thread, in any of the dedicated sports threads, through PM or VM. Once a bet has been made, let us know in here, and then we can set up a Hall of Fame of sorts, to keep track of past bets.

If you have any questions or need clarifying, let me know, otherwise we'll see if the idea takes off.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this idea! Any idea on when this is getting started? If you lose multiple bets in a month do you have to add all the new quotes or images at the same time. I could see someone losing a ton of bets and having a load of crap in their sig.

I'm sure you can have as many quotes, images, whatever just as long as you're within the signature limits.

In terms of when this can start, August 1st is as good a day as any. In the meantime, get the word out, start arranging bets with people on anything that's coming up. There's no reason why you couldn't have multiple bets going at once, although if it gets too confusing, we might have to limit it in the future.

For now, I think it should be open to anyone, just so we have enough people participating, but we could change that down the line if need be.

Mendel, I think this goes nicely with the PS3T Challenge Central too if I may say so here? I think I will be more interested in some game challenges to risk my card. Do you think this can be more inclusive and not only sports or do you think another thread for betting should be made closer to the challenge thread?

People can bet on whatever they want, it's just something that works for sports-related stuff. I don't think we need a separate thread, this is just for explaining how it works, and tracking previous bets.

That makes sense I just didn't want to flood your thread with sig bets on 1 v. 1 matches in Black Ops, etc without getting it all clear how you wanted the thread to work.

Well, let me be the first to make a bet then, "multiple" bets to be more precise.

1) Alabama will win the Iron Bowl this year.

2) The Tide will also win the SEC this year.

I challenge you!

...Except that I agree :cool:

I bet that Mizzou will beat Kansas in football by at least 21 points in the Border Game this year.

Not really risky, but I'll start off small...

That makes sense I just didn't want to flood your thread with sig bets on 1 v. 1 matches in Black Ops, etc without getting it all clear how you wanted the thread to work.

The thing with betting on specific games is that there are all kinds of variables that could make it a negative experience. With something like sports, you have no control over the outcome, you're just trying to pick the winner. For a game, as we've seen in some of the staff challenges, people sometimes play in a way where they're so desperate not to lose, it takes the fun out of it.

The thing with betting on specific games is that there are all kinds of variables that could make it a negative experience. With something like sports, you have no control over the outcome, you're just trying to pick the winner. For a game, as we've seen in some of the staff challenges, people sometimes play in a way where they're so desperate not to lose, it takes the fun out of it.

Never thought of it like that. I was just thinking about the fact that I would be betting something that I have control over the outcome. Making it more of a challenge directly related to me. Maybe I will make sure my bets on gaming start with an agreement on the signature outcome first to help add to the fun, lessen the stress, and keep the taunting from being over the top.