Planting Special Plants?

Phoenix12

I have been trying to find ways of planting the following with no luck:

Cheese plant

Steak plant

Egg plant

Burger Patty Plant

I thought that I would be able to just buy the ingredients from the market and plant them as I'm sure that's what you used to be able to do in The Sims PC game.

However, placing these ingredients on the floor does not allow me to plant them anywhere, I just have the option to pick them up again.

I'm trying to plant them and eventually get the perfect plant for a trophy.

Do I need to find the seeds for each of the above from somewhere? I've looked and looked but can't find the seeds so I assumed I could just plant the food.

I don't even know what an omni plant is, let alone how to get a seed for one.

EDIT: i have since found that you need the opportunity to deliver 20 perfect ingredients/plants to the restaurant before you are able to plant plants like the cheesplant. However, so far this opportunity hasn't come up as far as I'm aware. If I have had the opportunity, I obviously didn't do it well enough.

Does anyone know how these opportunities are generated? If they can be triggered or if they are completely random? And if I have already had this opportunity and failed it, will it show up again for my current sim or will I have to create another sim?

Edited by Phoenix12

For me, skill opportunities for a specific skill often appear more when your are doing something related to that skill. So if you're gardening, chance are that later in the day you might get a call with a gardening opportunity. Other people will say the same thing, but some others aren't convinced.

One thing that does help is if gardening is the only skill your sim knows, as you will not receive opportunities for skills you have yet to learn. When I was playing the regular Sims 3, I had a problem getting all 3 opportunities because all my skills were maxed out. It took a while...

Just in case you would like to know, the names of the opportunities you need to complete are:

- Uncommonly Good

- Outstandingly Rare

Additionally, there will be a third opportunity called 'The Omnificent Plant'. After you complete this, you will be able to plant the Omni Plant.

Also, it's okay if you've failed an opportunity. It will return.

• 1 year later...