Rate the trophy difficulty...  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_5.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.15

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 5 weeks later...

I vote 4. I agree with GaF that you can have a platinum a lot easier than The Sims 3. I just got my platinum yesterday. Some of the trophies are just time consuming and you have to complete many sub challenges to get one trophy. Other than that, it's easy and some luck (Reaper trophies).

And the game made me lol a lot. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I give the sims 3 pets a 5, some of the trophies and challenges was complicated and took a while to figure out how to get and on top of that a the famous EA Sims glitches where trophies don't unlock after you complete the challenges.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Surprised I never voted for this game yet. I voted a 4 for The Sims Pets. Standard Sims format that I have been playing since 2000, with the standard bugs included. Had trouble with the Dancing challenges and scaring Death more than anything else. It is a step up from The Sims 3 game in ease of play and fun challenges but it still takes just as long. I was so used to playing The Sims 2 on PC using boolprop when useful that having no PC workarounds made some of the glitching no fun on the PS3 but all around an enjoyable experience once it was over

• 8 months later...

2+2 extra points for freezes, glitches, bugs, etc that will test your patience=4

I loved the game but man, never saw a game so glitched as this one.

- constant freezes, half of them saving :2walls:

- somewhat poor interface sometimes, as I didnt know what button I had to push

- glitches everywhere!! like unkillable spirits or a strange person being in or just outside my home for days without moving :|

- functions that sometimes left to work, sometimes rebooting the game solved it

- and the last bug... I managed a challenge but not its trophy. And it was impossible to get that trophy, with the challenge done, no matter how many times I tried. So I had to delete the config savegame, losing all my karmic powers... urgghh. Luckily I just had to spend a few minutes with my current normal savegame and had no need to use karmic powers, and the platinum was mine.

Awfully glitchy, but I loved the core of the game. Really addictive.

Edited by 4manaka
typo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

4. I didn't have any trophy glitches (EA server offline). But the game is very sluggish and buggy. Stuff didn't work and I didn't know why - initially couldn't do the Inventor challenges because I'd never get my gems back. Turned out the mailbox was full/glitched and the only way to fix that was to move to a new house. Stuff like that.

The single hardest thing was the Reaper stuff (Scaring, dancing). Did the suggested setup and the dancing worked, but couldn't scare him in time. Tried over and over but couldn't get the reaper to join me for TV at all. Left it for a few days and it worked.

Most of the difficulty in the game comes from prep/planning and dedication. Use the right setup, have karma powers, and generally the trophy will come easily (if in time). Use the wrong setup and you'll be making life harder on yourself. I put the wrong initial traits on my pets for the 9 traits trophy and for some reason I couldn't get my cat to learn Vocal no matter how much yowling he did. But I set the pet up right the next run and it was quick and easy.

The only other nuisance I had was Sunken Treasure. Random trophy is random - ended up in the last pond I tried on my second lap around the town (with minimum 4 simhours per pond per lap).

Edited by Stork77

• 1 year later...

I went above the average voting score here of others because to me it deserves nothing less. Out of all the games I've ever platinumed/100%'ed, I've never come across a game as glitchy and mind-numbingly fucking TEDIOUS as this one! All my games combined doesn't even compare to this shit fest of a game! Holy shit man the tediousness of pretty much EVERY trophy and the trophy glitches galore in this game is fucking INSANE!

Trophy hunters: Stay far, far away from this platinum. I'm serious man. My girlfriend Platinumed Sims 3 all by herself and on Pets it was a duel effort between the two of us. She said that between the 2 games Pets is a hell of a lot worse with the glitched trophies and the tediousness to achieve them. I couldn't agree more. Though I never played the first one I was there the whole time watching her play it. And like I said, Pets was a duel effort so I can sit here and say without a doubt that Pets is far worse.

Play it and shoot for the platinum if you dare. Bwahahahaha! But this emoticon ----> :2walls: and this one ----> :rant: is more than likely going to be YOU sooner or later.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...