pyromaniac trophy glitch?

davo00420

same, I am 67% with trophies & the pyromaniac has glitched

18,000 in insurance & the challange has poped up but no trophy

(also EA wont let me log in to contact them:mad:)

YAY thanks for the tip on reinstall.

altho my EA web account wont let me contact them but lets me login? lol whatever EA

Edited by gramreaper

same, I am 67% with trophies & the pyromaniac has glitched

18,000 in insurance & the challange has poped up but no trophy

(also EA wont let me log in to contact them:mad:)

YAY thanks for the tip on reinstall.

altho my EA web account wont let me contact them but lets me login? lol whatever EA

I had a problem w/ a glitched trophy (ended up I was doing something) and I called EA. All they were able to tell me was that they'd make a note of it, then they recommended reinstalling the game.

EDIT: Oh I just saw the "YAY!". Did reinstalling work for you?

Edited by Swiff

Glitched for me too, got the challenge but not trophy... twice :(

Only need this trophy and 1000 wishes for plat... Well, I'll try reinstalling the game first and if that don't work i'll delete game data + save data... I'll post here if it works

EDIT: ok, deleted all game data (but not saves) and after reinstalling, loading my savegame and trying again it worked :)

Edited by Dropeti

just reinstall the game, worked for me 100% when I got my matchmaker/ pyromaniac glitched, just save your game before you complete the challenge! then if the trophy didn't pop up, just exit the game then reinstall the game! if it doesn't just reinstall the game again!

My problem is that now we live in a large house on a large lot and no matter how much stuff I buy or put in the living room and kitchen, the fire ALWAYS starts in the backyard then burns out and I only get 5,000 wtf

just make a small room full of expensive statues that costs 12k each, i forgot the name but it has ITSELF with its name... and then place your people inside a room that has no exits so that they wont die and interrupt the fire! collect 60+ karma and then save the game! after that zoom out your camera then start the fire storm!

P.S. i did it 15 times or more after i got the trophy

ok i'll try that i'm going to do it when nobody is home or just the one girl who is afraid of everything and hope it starts in this room it's always outside it even burned the garage but not the truck it just burns my pool and the outside stuff maybe i should put it all outside if it happens again lol

ok i'll try that i'm going to do it when nobody is home or just the one girl who is afraid of everything and hope it starts in this room it's always outside it even burned the garage but not the truck it just burns my pool and the outside stuff maybe i should put it all outside if it happens again lol

you can also trap your sims in a room that has no door and also dont forget to remove the main door of your house to avoid brave sim to kill the fire.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, my pyromaniac trophy was glitched too. Heres what I did:

1. First make a backup copy of your saves to a pendrive.

2. Delete ALL data, save files, install files, ALL

3. Fresh start, this way the challenge will pop up again. (its a pain in the ass, but its the only way)

4. I started a new household with 6 sims, all workaholic, ambitous, lucky, genius. All of them in the medical career so you can have money quick to buy all the stuff you need to burn later.

(after like 2 weeks game time)

5. When you have the money, buy a lot of foosball tables (SAVE, just in case it doesnt pop up again) and let em burn!

6. If it didnt pop up, just quit, and try again (for me it worked on the first try). The trick is that the Challenge Complete message has to appear for the trophy to pop up. Worked fine for me!

After that you can copy again your old save files in case you havent won the other trophies.

Any doubt message me!

PSN ID: L2GF

Good luck!!!

I'm having problem getting Home is Where the Simoleons Are (B)

My household is worth more than 49,000$ (I furnished with items) also I cant seem to get Pyromaniac.

Have a question regarding Genie (S) (Gain 150,000 Lifetime Happiness Points on one Sim) and True Wealth (S) (Gain 250,000 Lifetime Happiness on one Sim) <- this one doesn't say Lifetime Happiness points.

Do I have to save the points to accumulate 150k to get the trophy or can I use the points to get items will that count towards 150k even if I've use some? What is the True Wealth? Doesn't mention Lifetime Happiness POINTS, just says Lifetime Happiness..

I'm having problem getting Home is Where the Simoleons Are (B)

My household is worth more than 49,000$ (I furnished with items) also I cant seem to get Pyromaniac.

Have a question regarding Genie (S) (Gain 150,000 Lifetime Happiness Points on one Sim) and True Wealth (S) (Gain 250,000 Lifetime Happiness on one Sim) <- this one doesn't say Lifetime Happiness points.

Do I have to save the points to accumulate 150k to get the trophy or can I use the points to get items will that count towards 150k even if I've use some? What is the True Wealth? Doesn't mention Lifetime Happiness POINTS, just says Lifetime Happiness..

Go in to buy/build mode and checked the bottom right corner, the furnished has to be over 35,000, and if it is unfortunately your trophy appears to be glitched.

For pyromaniac, i suggest going for the master architect trophy first. Move into one of the three big houses and furnish it u to 350,000 and use the karma fire storm and let the fire rage on. Remove fire alarms and all that stuff.

True Wealth and Genie is lifetime happiness(lifetime points). You can spend the points as you like. the game remembers how much youve accumalted throughout ur play, so you dont have to save them all up.

And if none of this helps, read the guide........pretty straight forward

I feel like putting me head through a wall with this game!

So many bugs/glitches!!

The game freezings during saving/loading maybe 3/5 times anytime i do either and now this!

I beat the pyromaniac challenge with over $16,000 and no trophy pops up.

hmmm i say,

i try again and this time get over €18,000 and still no trophy!!

Is reinstalling the only way anyone has gotten around this? If so i think ill wait till i get my last few trophies (epic fail, true wealth and miracle worker) just in case something goes wrong, and knowing my luck with this game it will!

I've had a few trophies glitch, and I found a solution that doesn't require removing your installation files, or deleting your save games.

Go to your Save Data (PS3) folder. Delete the USER PROFILE file only. This will erase all memory of your completed challenges, etc, but your saved sims and lots will be intact. Load up a save and complete the challenge again, BUT, make SURE you have time advancing NORMALLY. DO NOT have time moving any faster than normal. I had missed several trophies that should have popped when I completed challenges, but they did not. I almost always have time at 3x speed. I deleted the User Profile and then completed the challenges again, making sure that the challenge finished in 1x speed. So far, every trophy problem I had has been solved this way.

Hopefully it works for everyone else too.

And remember, for trophies you haven't attempted yet... MAKE SURE TIME IS FLOWING AT 1X SPEED WHEN THE CHALLENGES FINISH.

Good hunting.

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY I GOT THIS DAMN TROPHY!!!:applause::applause::dance::dance:

I tried everything, deleting user config, reinstalling, pausing, slowing down time, and nothing worked.In the end I said I would give it one more go.

I deleted all the downloaded content, updates and user custom created content files and set the house ablaze one more time and got my platinum!!

such relief!!

Having said all that it could have been a combination of ALL these things but personally for me, it was deleting the downloads and updates that worked.

Good luck to everyone else stuck with this buggy game :(

I deleted all of my files from Game Data and didn't work. I had over 30K worth of statues but only got 4k back from insurance. :mad: luckily i saved the previous gameplay before doing this. I will try again and have expensive paintings instead of statues cause those dont burn at all.

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure if this was the reason i got it but its something i noticed. first time i got the challenge but no trophy i noticed the fire burned from the afternoon til the next afternoon be4 it went out. Challenge got but no trophy. the next time i accomplished...i got the challenge and trophy...the fire burned from the afternoon but was out just be4 midnight. something to maybe try if trophy isnt popping

• 2 months later...

so what i need is HOW DO YOU GET THIS TROPHY i tryed everything

i put book cases aside of book cases & i took out the doors & the fire alarm & got only $6000 for doing this then i followed the instructions on a youtube video withe the carpets & fridges & stoves. i had the carpets so high i had to remove the roof & only got $4000 WTF this is the only trophy im really having trouble with so if anyone can help and tell me how they did it ill be very happy:dance:

my psn is TYLER-_-444

i herd something like lighting a sports car on fire but i dont think it will light i only have about $400000:D so send info please im usally on all the time

• 4 months later...