"Excellent" trophy help?

DAceman25

yes, just don't die and run out of quarters.

It's easier on the japanese rom, I did the trophy on my first try using this rom.

yes sir I just got it yesterday on the Japanese rom on my first try

Play on japanese rom, and hopefully you can play online with decent players. I played with 2 friends, and both were helpful. Also, if your the host, you can invite your friends more than once. If anyone dies, they wont be able to get it, but they can help you get it by being the sword and shield (attack and take the damage)

good luck. I got it and free to be someones guardian if anyone needs it

Now i got all the trophies but im curious, where does it say in the trophy description that if you die or restart with new credits that you dont get the trophy? It says just beat it in individual quarters. So has anyone died and kept going too see if the trophy popped? Im just saying that it might work idk.... :think:

Does any1 no if u can still do the "Excellent" trophy on the Japanese rom nd still get it after beating it?

Here's what I did just now, made this CAKE. Works if you have two controllers.

I used Marge as my main just because of her range. I got the second controller out and used Homer.

I can verify this, as I just did it: No matter how many times you continue, even if you run out of continues and reenter the game with the second controller, as long as your main (Marge in my case) survives the entire time without using all continues/lives, you'll get the trophy.

So start it up on Expert Mode with singles quarters, and get your two characters. Marge and Homer work great because of their combo (when you stand still right next to each other). You can roll around / jump around.

A few of the big tips on the Marge/Homer setup:

1. If there's only one or two enemies left on the screen, just start spamming the hit button on Homer. Move Marge around with your other hand (especially towards Homer's hit box) if any of the goons start aggroing towards Marge. This is especially helpful on the boss fights.

2. On the last boss fight, the Marge/Homer combo is HUGELY helpful. Not so much against Smithers, as he's throwing bombs all over the place, but if you use it against Mr. Burns, stay above (or below) him, and just jump from above to below or below to above, you'll get repeated hits very easily.

3. In general, Homer is a distraction, taking some of the heat off of you. I didn't notice much in the way of difficulty scaling (if any) from when I tried to do this without using a second controller.

It works, and makes this ridiculously simple. Give it a try. Hope this helps!

:)

Edit -- I don't actually know if this verifies that if you lose all your continues that you can still get the trophy. I kept Marge alive without running out of all her continues... I would bet that at least one character has to make it through every stage without running out of continues, but don't know for sure. that's what I was banking on with this method, at least.

Edited by eden2760
Caveat to losing all continues

• 3 weeks later...
Now i got all the trophies but im curious, where does it say in the trophy description that if you die or restart with new credits that you dont get the trophy? It says just beat it in individual quarters. So has anyone died and kept going too see if the trophy popped? Im just saying that it might work idk.... :think:

It doesn't I tried last night. I figured Marge was my last character so I might as well as least get that seeing as I was just short of the final fight, no trophy. Turns out I just read that doesn't work, well at least I know why I didn't get the character trophy. Wish I had played on Japanese ROM I bet that would have worked. :( Trying again tonight I guess.

Edited by bigdrama

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
Here's what I did just now, made this CAKE. Works if you have two controllers.

I used Marge as my main just because of her range. I got the second controller out and used Homer.

I can verify this, as I just did it: No matter how many times you continue, even if you run out of continues and reenter the game with the second controller, as long as your main (Marge in my case) survives the entire time without using all continues/lives, you'll get the trophy.

So start it up on Expert Mode with singles quarters, and get your two characters. Marge and Homer work great because of their combo (when you stand still right next to each other). You can roll around / jump around.

A few of the big tips on the Marge/Homer setup:

1. If there's only one or two enemies left on the screen, just start spamming the hit button on Homer. Move Marge around with your other hand (especially towards Homer's hit box) if any of the goons start aggroing towards Marge. This is especially helpful on the boss fights.

2. On the last boss fight, the Marge/Homer combo is HUGELY helpful. Not so much against Smithers, as he's throwing bombs all over the place, but if you use it against Mr. Burns, stay above (or below) him, and just jump from above to below or below to above, you'll get repeated hits very easily.

3. In general, Homer is a distraction, taking some of the heat off of you. I didn't notice much in the way of difficulty scaling (if any) from when I tried to do this without using a second controller.

It works, and makes this ridiculously simple. Give it a try. Hope this helps!

:)

Edit -- I don't actually know if this verifies that if you lose all your continues that you can still get the trophy. I kept Marge alive without running out of all her continues... I would bet that at least one character has to make it through every stage without running out of continues, but don't know for sure. that's what I was banking on with this method, at least.

This is what I basically did to get the trophy solo. :)

• 1 month later...

I will definitely use the Marge/Homer combo method. Thanks.

EDIT: I tried the combo a few times, with no success. I joined a fellow booster and we got the trophy together. Now to work on Mr. Sparkle for 100%.

Edited by OwenRocky