Great game, but.....

spoonman

Does anyone else notice the skipping music in the intro?

Seeing how this game has been emulated in MAME for years now this is kind of

inexcusable. Backbone/Konami could have done so much more with this (think Final Fight Double Impact with it's many gfx options and new remix music ost)

Also, no way to play this in stretched 16:9? It's one of the few games that looks great in this mode and the only way to watch the intro in full screen mode is from the options screen.... Oh well it's free for PSN+ members so I should stop bitching. ;).

One more thing..... Why bother adding bonuses like flyers when you can't GEN zoom in to see it?

Does anyone else notice the skipping music in the intro?

Seeing how this game has been emulated in MAME for years now this is kind of

inexcusable. Backbone/Konami could have done so much more with this (think Final Fight Double Impact with it's many gfx options and new remix music ost)

Also, no way to play this in stretched 16:9? It's one of the few games that looks great in this mode and the only way to watch the intro in full screen mode is from the options screen.... Oh well it's free for PSN+ members so I should stop bitching. ;).

One more thing..... Why bother adding bonuses like flyers when you can't GEN zoom in to see it?

Oh great, another lazy port.

*downloads mame and skips psn port*

Well, lazy for a $10 game, but for free it's pretty enjoyable and being able to play online helps bring it above my MAME experience, but I just wish these companies would get their s^%#* together and give these the proper releases they deserve.

My brother who just got a PS3 called me and asked where all the classic arcade games are and I had to explain there are only a handful available... Everyone always says he same thing "eh don't these companies make all of their arcade games available for purchase".

That Game Room release on the 360 was a good idea but they screwed up he emulation so badly that the fans who bought he games felt like they were ripped off, and didn't buy any more games. MS probably chalked it up to a lack of people wanton to play the classics or something.

Well, lazy for a $10 game, but for free it's pretty enjoyable and being able to play online helps bring it above my MAME experience, but I just wish these companies would get their s^%#* together and give these the proper releases they deserve.

My brother who just got a PS3 called me and asked where all the classic arcade games are and I had to explain there are only a handful available... Everyone always says he same thing "eh don't these companies make all of their arcade games available for purchase".

That Game Room release on the 360 was a good idea but they screwed up he emulation so badly that the fans who bought he games felt like they were ripped off, and didn't buy any more games. MS probably chalked it up to a lack of people wanton to play the classics or something.

I agree they should try to make the game better, but i think they were going for the original everything. original music, artwork, etc. More would have been better, but i got what i expected, glitchy music and all

Umm, I didn't notice no problems when I was playing it, maybe its just you spoonman...

Nope, not just me. Some people who never played the original might not notice it/or care though. I played this a bit in the arcade and on Mame so I knew what to expect.

At the very least is should have been perfect emulation and the video should have been completely scalable to any size/crop/ratio. If they are going to make you wait 20+ years for a port they ought to do it right.

I didn't mind playing it resizing the screen, using a smooth filter and taking that lame arcade background.

But i have to say, for them to be charging almost $10, no way. Takes less than some psn minis to download and they are just ripping people off because it is a spot-on classic.

Got it for free, so, whatever.

Although, bring me back memories, and i was pretty happy to 100% it.

the oldschool graphics start to hurt my eyes after 30 minutes

Showing my age here, but I recall thinking this game looked and sounded pretty damn amazing for its time. I think it's held up well considering its age.

I still have a fondness for chunky ass pixels and vector graphics. Just upscale old pixels to 1080p and I'm happy as hell! :dance:

The intro music doesn't skip for me.

Whoever said this was a lazy port they are far wrong. I'm actually impressed with the main menu, no glitches, online, quality sound, unlockables and the cool arcade screen.

would have been nice to upgrade it to HD.

Why would you want HD? Pixel looks better than flash.

Edited by Lord Tony

the oldschool graphics start to hurt my eyes after 30 minutes

The thing is you can beat the game in less than 30 minutes. So this shouldnt be a problem. Could it be your tv? fuzzy detail does hurt the eyes.

I agree. I wish they'd left the TMNT game alone.

After playing the demo, i can agree that i would have wanted the regular graphics. Still want the game though, since i dont have those trophies.

I have noticed the odd audio glitch here and there but it's barely noticible when it does happen. Graphically it's pretty decent for a game of this age. My only real complaint is that the difficulty is too high and there are no in-game saves, so you can't reload if you screw up :(.

I don't see why it needs an in-game save. The game is easy enough and saving will just have people exploit survivor.

Another reason why games today are too easy, saving features and unlimited continues.

The thing is you can beat the game in less than 30 minutes. So this shouldnt be a problem. Could it be your tv? fuzzy detail does hurt the eyes.

youre right, the game can be beat in less than 30 minutes. But, if you trying to get the 100% you have to play the game 4-5 times, which would be 2 - 2 1/2 hours, my eyes cant handle that.

I think he means the seizure inducing effects this game had. Flickering yellow light on the bosses when you score a hit on them (when some bosses take up half the screen), and that red/green explosion thing when Smithers and Homer collide in the intro.

Yeah, I'm trying to play The Simpsons, not watch Breaking Dawn Part 1!