Deep strike

Odin181

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I lined up the pipe (bat) before each toss so I knew where to swing. I would swing one-handed (tried with two hands like a real baseball bat, but couldn't get enough power.) Swing slightly up rather than straight across. If you hit the ball just right it launches it up and over all the obstacles (sometimes I hit ceiling).

• 2 years later...

I did this today, and the key change that I made from my previous failed attempts was holding the controller with the left hand instead of the right hand while doing a two handed swing from the right side. The controller isn't really big enough for a two hand grasp like a bat, so you end up with one hand holding the controller and the other there just to complete the motion.

I held the controller at the very bottom in my left hand with right hand above it just along for the ride. I could see the red light between my left thumb and forefinger. I think the controller traveled farther past the front shoulder in the left hand and registered as more "follow through" to the camera. I was hitting HR's with some pretty leisurely swings.

I ended up hitting 5xHR in rounds 6, 28 and 33. It was an incredible improvement over my previous attempts using two hands with the right hand holding the controller.