How do I take on the Mob Jetpack Miniboss?

JumperPrime

Yeah, I know there's lotsa jetpack mobsters in The Mob, but I'm talking about the miniboss that appears once per scene. He flits around like a hummingbird launching rockets at you(grenades in scene 4, which are even harder to handle) you have to shoot him I don't know how many times and when you hit him enough/right he spins around backwards and you quickdraw the target on his jetpack to take him out and get some applause. I don't know what triggers him to fly away before you can beat him, but that's usually what happens when he shows up after I spray the area with enough bullets to sink a lifeboat, by sheer weight. I've managed to successfully defeat him a total of twice and both times I have no clue how I did it. First time was either scene 1 or scene 2 and I have no idea how I did it. Second time was the only time I finished scene 4(and I only got a bronze, so I have to beat The mob again before I can go on to the next movie) and again, not sure how I managed it. Most of the time when I fight him at the end of scene 4, I use up all my takes just fighting him.

You know what makes the final boss fight even tougher? Showtimes, Shockwaves, and Rampages seem to be disabled so I can't slow down time to line up a clean shot on him and his grenades, nor can I blow away the grenades with a well-timed shockwave, and I can't spray the whole room with machine gun fire, either :mad: I know The Mob is all about high-speed enemies, but really, why did the developers get it into their heads to make a miniboss that moves like lightning AND needs multiple hits to kill?

He moves 3 times before launching a rocket, quickly ignore his first 2 positions and anticipate his 3rd stop which is also the longest (slowest), cause he will stop to shoot the rocket at you. Shoot him 1st, shoot the rocket 2nd, wash rinse repeat. With a little speed he is easy :) if he's being too fast, and you miss your chance, forget about counting up to 3, and start counting to 6 or 9 etc, but never lose your count, and never dodge the rockets as I find that when i shoot them, i don't miss my count and when i dodge them, I do miss my count.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I opted to evade him and protect my multiplier. I just shot down his rockets until he went away. I don't see a big bonus for killing him, and he only adds +1 to your multiplier, so what's the point?

That's what I did, too. I always lost my multiplier whenever I tried to kill him. You can still get 5 stars without killing him. As for the last boss, Score all your points before it comes out, then wildly fire until you get the quick draw...